News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Points needed for survival

Author Topic: Points needed for survival  (Read 1607 times)

andyc

« on: March 25, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »

How many points do you think we need to stay above the bottom four? I reckon 46 points is the safety mark. Looking at the games left for Vics, Weymouth, Farsley & Halifax if they win the ones which look easier on paper they could reach 45 points. I know no game is easy at this stage but for us wins against Salisbury, Kidderminster, Ebbsfleet and draws against Torquay and Weymouth would do it. Tough but achievable if we start with an attacking formation. Also I presume Fleetwood will get a 3 game ban for being sent off yesterday, Forest Green play Halifax & Vics in the next 3 games.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Points needed for survival
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 02:34:27 PM »

Harvey has already said that he believes FGR's chances of reaching the play-offs are gone, so expect experimental (IE poor) performances against Halifax and Vics leading to results we won't like. Hope I'm wrong but they're getting ready for next season already and will be shuffling things around considering Fleetwooid will probably be somewhere else very soon.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »

I have given up predicting. There are too many surprise results in the BSP! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed now.

Butty

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 06:21:53 PM »

My p ;Drediction is that we will need to score more points than Halifax, Weymouth or Farsely to stay up. Simple as.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 08:19:47 PM »

My p ;Drediction is that we will need to score more points than Halifax, Weymouth or Farsely to stay up. Simple as.

Not so simple.
We could still go down if Vics out do us in the points dept!

(Let's hope they don't!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team