News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goodwins Coaches

Author Topic: Goodwins Coaches  (Read 1782 times)

Jacobs

Goodwins Coaches
« on: March 25, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

As you are aware I run the supporters coaches for the away travel,

In light of "cash strapped" Halifax running free coaches for there game at Droylesden people have mentioned that Geoff should do the same with our away travel, I would just like to a mention a few points surrounding this

Geoff on occassions has ran coaches for fuel and drivers wages only and donated £100 towards the Torquay coach (This away game was not ran by Goodwins)

Also Geoff beat the lowest quote from his competitors for the supporters away travel this season, reducing his original quote by nearly £2000

That is all

DarrenH

Re: Goodwins Coaches
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 09:33:08 AM »

Don't think anyone has an issue with paying for the coaches.
It is widely acknowledged that Geoff does enough for the club as it is.

Jacobs

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 09:38:40 AM »

Darren,

I think the majority of people have no issue with the above but some people will always find something to criticise,

I thought it was just best people knew some of the stuff Geoff has done for the away travel

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:16:25 AM »

I think the service provided by Goodwins Caoches has always been first class. I have obviously had no cause to use the supporters coach in recent times but used to book for nearly every away game and to say it is good value for money is a gross understatement. One free coach is a fine gesture but will that service still be available next season? There is no guarantee of this given the club's dodgy financial position.

Geoff deserves a lot of gratitude from the fans for providing us with such a first class service at a rock bottom price. It would have been very easy for him to charge us top whack and have half empty coaches arriving at most games but he realises how important it is for us all to see as many games as we can. Also, the gesture by the board of paying for the coach to our cancelled game at Torquay should not be forgotten.

Many thanks also to Tom for running the service so well and also Ecky who previously did such a great job for so long.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 10:35:20 AM »

Worth pointing out thata Geoff also loses moeny in a sense by providing the coaches as he does for us. Rather than ferrying us lot around the country at the lowest price on a Saturday afternoon that coach could be used elsewhere at full price making money.

Please try and think a little bit sometimes somepeople.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 01:02:28 PM »

You are right to point this out Tom, every once in a while, so that people are made aware.
These coaches are being run to games on a 'non-profit' basis by the Chairman and this is providing a very important service to those who are unable or unwilling to drive to away games.
How many of us could afford to hire a coach for £1000 a each weekend and then only charge our paying customers £600 !

I wonder if Go-Goodwins have been approached by Crawley Town FC yet !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goodwins Coaches