News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I think he's actually got a point

Author Topic: I think he's actually got a point  (Read 2111 times)

Jacko

« on: March 23, 2008, 03:44:14 PM »

Droylsden boss Dave Pace has "called for football chiefs to show no mercy to clubs like Halifax who go into administration... Pace, who has personally invested £4.2 million in the Bloods believes the Shaymen have got off lightly ... 'The 10-point penalty is a joke... the clubs should be relegated. I could very easily have paid the majority of my squad £2,000 a week, got to 55 points and then said I didn't have enough money, taken the ten-point penalty and stayed in the league. But I don't do things like that. I work all hours to run this club properly and always will do but perhaps I'm too honest... What has happened over the last couple of years does not make the Conference look very good... If we were flying at the top of the table I would still be saying these things. Maybe I'm just not as clever as the people who manipulate the rules for their own benefit'".

altyf

Re: I think he's actually got a point
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 04:19:42 PM »

See other thread...http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=5004.0
Very sensible comments

VofD

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 05:58:30 PM »

Droylsden boss Dave Pace has "called for football chiefs to show no mercy to clubs like Halifax who go into administration... Pace, who has personally invested £4.2 million in the Bloods believes the Shaymen have got off lightly ... 'The 10-point penalty is a joke... the clubs should be relegated. I could very easily have paid the majority of my squad £2,000 a week, got to 55 points and then said I didn't have enough money, taken the ten-point penalty and stayed in the league. But I don't do things like that. I work all hours to run this club properly and always will do but perhaps I'm too honest... What has happened over the last couple of years does not make the Conference look very good... If we were flying at the top of the table I would still be saying these things. Maybe I'm just not as clever as the people who manipulate the rules for their own benefit'".
Let's hope Dave and his team SHOW NO MERCY to Halifax tomorrow. We need all the help we can get.

VofD

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 11:14:30 AM »

Let's hope Dave and his team SHOW NO MERCY to Halifax tomorrow. We need all the help we can get.

Thanks Dave and Droylesden :) :)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:13:58 PM »

Pace, who has personally invested £4.2 million

Not a bad amount - and now just means I feel sorry for him even more....

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »

I bet Halifax are beginning to rue their timing of going into administration just  when they thought that they were safe from relegation.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 01:05:49 PM »

Pacey ruins it with his Tamworthesque If we were flying at the top of the table I would still be saying these things.

Bollox!...people like us and pacey should keep sctum and thank the lord for these badly run clubs when they pull our well run club out of the sh*t.

I hope Droylsden are well run these days and that if pacey gets run down by a bus tomorrow he has made provisons in  a Gretna clause.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team