PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RIP - Gary "Skipper" Wright
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: RIP - Gary "Skipper" Wright  (Read 16588 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: RIP - Gary "Skipper" Wright
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2008, 09:32:48 AM »

R I P Gary, and condolences to family anfd friends.

Alex

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »

yesterday wasn't the same without you skip, the coach was just not the same with out the sound of bagpipes and the random chants of "f*ck of chelsea" as we discussed the premiership fixtures.
you will be sorely missed a true legend of the terraces and such a genuinly nice bloke too. it didn't rele hit me till this morning when i heard oasis on the radio and it just made me smile as i remembered how you used to tell dave how "sh*te" they were and how he should listen to proper music.

rest in peace mate

RocketDan

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2008, 12:11:12 PM »

Skipper certainly was a charcter.
He will be missed by everyone.

dawno

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2008, 12:46:10 PM »

My condolences to his family

He was a great bloke and will be missed.

RIP Skipper

louise1925

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »

Both my wife and I are gutted by this sad news. Skipper's was one of the faces we've been brought up with whilst following Alty. Sure, he'll be there in spirit for the run in though.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »

Very sad news.
Only knew him from brief chats in the bar after the game, often with his good mate Steve Murray

A dedicated supporter, genuine good person and a good steward. A sad loss
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

altyf

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2008, 02:35:54 PM »

I don't know what to say...anyone who spends that amount of time going to nearly every away match on the coach and has such a genuine personality is a legend. RIP Skipper. Hope these messages show how much he will be recognised as a legend and how much he will be missed.

Stockportalty

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »

R.I.P Skipper.
It won't be the same tomoorow when all the stewards meet up before and after the match. There will be someone missing.
Condolances to his family from all the Lewis's

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2008, 08:00:36 PM »

R.I.P mate

Well what a person Skipper was, I remember when he asked me to become a steward.  He wanted to join Steve Murray and Ian Kershaw who had just started stewarding.  I was in doubt but he proved me wrong and he was proud to do the job.  Skipper made it to senior steward because he wanted the extra responsability and also he could tell Steve what to do.  In the 3 years of stewarding we also became friends as well, I always remember the one match you turned up looking very smart with shirt and trousers on, i asked him was it a special occasion he said no this is my pulling gear for later and his chat up lines were the best done only as Skipper could do.
These messages of support just show how much you will be sadly missed.

The picture below says it all.

@AltyDaz

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »

Echo all that is said. The thing that springs most to mind abuot Skipper is just what an absolutely nice bloke he was. Ecky said soemwhere else how harmless he was, a lovely fella. Very, very sad news. God Bless You Skipper.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2008, 12:49:02 PM »

Did not realise who the skipper was,but i do now.I remember chatting with him at the game at Exeter in our first season back and i have seen him at weymouth aswell,always looked for him at games i attended and will miss our chats.
Rest in Peace Gary
Harold

rafo

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2008, 09:46:21 PM »

I am truly devastated by the loss of skipper.

I can still remember him getting his first coach in 1995.  And getting to know him and then asking him if he was going to this match or that match on the coach.

In the end he said "just book me on all of them mate".   So when I started a list I would put my name and then his name underneath.

I also remember seeing his United tattoos and him then showing me his Alty one he had done...I knew he was a convert then.

I'll miss him swearing much too loud on the coach, but then apologising as he never meant any harm.  Never saw him be aggressive in 13 years of knowing him.

Alty gave skipper a sense of purpose.  I can remember thinking.."skipper, a steward?".  I should never have doubted him.

Then Steve has told me stories today of how he would never have a drink before a home game and took his job very seriously.  He has seen some bad times watching Alty..and a few good ones as well. 

And didn't he enjoy them.

Maybe he'll be visiting "sh*te grounds" in heaven now and having "beer time" up there.

Goodbye Skip, you'll not be forgotten mate.

i can only echo what you have said ecky

such a great bloke

he will be sorly missed by all

rest in peace mate

we are all gonna miss you pal

you will always be a legend in the alty "family"

sleep tight mate

rafo

stuboy

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2008, 03:12:56 AM »

Gazza Loved his football, he loved Alty, I've worked with him for 9 years & he always talked about them, he had his 40th Birthday at Alty football club.

I'm sure they will have a collection for him at Rotalac, he's worked there for 26 years & will be very missed by everyone.
He's with his dad now.

Can't help but feel for his family.

Goodbye Gary, I'll get you a 24 strong at the brew machine tomorrow at work.

Stu XXXX

ma3art

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »

I would like to thank everyone for there kind words , and id like to thank Darron and steve for coming round to see me and my mum and sharing some funny stories and memories of gary.
He was a colourful caractor with a colourful vocabulary.
It makes me really happy to know he had real friends at the club as footy was his life, i hadnt seen him for three years as i now live in NewZealand so coming back under these circumstances is really hard for me.
He will be missed by a lot of people especialy my mum,sister and i,all we can do in this time of sorrow and shock is to remember the good things and smile.
GOOD BYE BRO .......Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RIP - Gary "Skipper" Wright