Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Countdown to the beer festival - Today's Beer!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Countdown to the beer festival - Today's Beer!  (Read 4688 times)

Foz

« on: April 02, 2014, 03:46:26 PM »

As you all should be aware, the 3rd annual Altrincham FC beer festival will take place over Easter Saturday, Sunday and Monday. As part of the publicity for this, we will be announcing a beer each day up to the festival.

We are pleased to announce the first beer is the 4.1% ABV Iceberg from Titanic brewery which is kindly sponsored by Phil Jordan.

The beer is described as "A combination of Maris Otter pale malt and fine wheat malt, give this refreshing beer real zest. Add refreshing Yakima Galena and Cascade hops and what you get is a fantastic wheat beer that will hole any passing thirst."

In order for the event to be a success, we are also looking for help with the running of the festival- whether it be assistance in running events that are ongoing during the festival, or helping on the festival bar. If you are available and can spare some time to help, please send me a private message on here.

Thanks!

taxi Phil

Re: Countdown to the beer festival - Today's Beer!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:48:41 PM »

Although Titanic is nominally a wheat beer, it drinks more like a well-hopped IPA.

For those not familiar with Titanic, they brew in Burslem, and the majority of their beers have names that reflect the fact that the Titanic's captain, John Smith, was from the Potteries. I haven't tried a bad one yet  :)

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:52:44 PM »

Apparently it goes down nice and fast.

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 11:09:02 PM »

I wouldn't mind sinking a few!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 09:14:55 AM »

Best served with ice.
@AltyDaz

bumble

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »

Best served with ice.

Whatever floats your boat

markecky

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »

Second most famous John Smith I know after the small chap who scored a free kick from 6 yards against Woking in the first ever "keeper picking up a backpass" incident I saw when the rules changed.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 11:49:35 AM »

Maris Otter and Yakima Galena don't they play full back for Borussia Munchengladbach and central midfield for Japan respectively ? 

altyf

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 02:39:45 PM »

Although Titanic is nominally a wheat beer, it drinks more like a well-hopped IPA.

For those not familiar with Titanic, they brew in Burslem, and the majority of their beers have names that reflect the fact that the Titanic's captain, John Smith, was from the Potteries. I haven't tried a bad one yet  :)

I had the Titanic Plum Porter in Head of Steam at Huddersfield train station on the way to our memorable 3-4 victory at The Shay last April.
And they had a Titanic Stout on in The Market Tavern around the same time too, it was outstanding.

Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »

Maris Otter and Yakima Galena don't they play full back for Borussia Munchengladbach and central midfield for Japan respectively ? 

The most unpopular Borussia fan is the one that shouts, "Give us a 'B'"...

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 03:01:29 PM »

Not sure about the wheat beer Iceberg is clear. Wheat beers are usually cloudy.

It's very acidic in my opinion. Nice, but not one you can drink all night.

Their Cappucino stout is outstanding but they only brew it a few times a year.  

The captain of the Titanic was Edward John Smith

Foz

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 05:04:22 PM »

We are pleased to announce the second beer is the 4.3% ABV Timothy Taylor's  Landlord which is kindly sponsored and donated by The Old Market Tavern.

The beer is described as "A Classic Strong Pale Ale, Landlord has won more awards nationally than any other beer: This includes four times as Champion at the Brewers' International Exhibition and four times as CAMRA’s beer of the year.

Refreshingly reliable, nationally renowned, this full drinking Pale Ale with a complex and hoppy aroma has real "Pulling Power" and stands out in any bar as the ideal regular."

thegazelle

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 05:12:22 PM »

just about the best thing to come out of yorkshire (toss up beteen nicky clee , charlie bradshaw  and theakstons old peculiar ( the first pint i ever bought  the crown at hawes has a lot to answer for). as i sip my gin and tonic i remember fondly.

Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »

I'm sure if there were any puns about Timothy Taylors they'd have me in stitches!

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 09:41:55 PM »

Does matter how you dress this one up, Timothy Taylor's is simply unique.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team