PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the bench is our benchmark
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: the bench is our benchmark  (Read 4536 times)

markecky

Re: the bench is our benchmark
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 02:30:20 PM »

I think Sinnott has been very sencible with our squad playing so often I will admit I didn't say that at half 2 yesterday I think when we are playing once a week the starting 11 will resemble the team that beat county or maybe I'm not giving him enough credit and the changes are horses for coarses

I think you're right Jimmy.  The manager said that with 4 games in 9 days he would use all of his squad, he has done and its worked well although with things a little close for comfort at times.

I think you may see one or two changes match by match (depending on injury) but not the 4's and 5's we have seen.

I think his record over the last 30 odd games means we have to trust him a bit more.

We can still play much better and if we do click in a match then someone could get a hiding.  With this squad and confidence high we could be in for a good season.

As for Smikle, he had a better game yesterday involvement wise but his job is to run down the wing and cross the ball.  The sooner he starts doing that the better.  I believe it will come and his effort can't be faulted.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 02:32:17 PM »

Smirkle did try twice yesterday to take on a player down the wing by pushing it past him.  On both occasions it was blocked and he didn't get far.  It's a confidence thing with him I think
Bernard Taylors barmy army

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 06:44:38 PM »

As for Smikle, he had a better game yesterday involvement wise but his job is to run down the wing and cross the ball.  The sooner he starts doing that the better.  I believe it will come and his effort can't be faulted.

Ecky,

I know exactly where you are coming from.

I desperately need to derive some encouragement from seeing him pose an attacking threat to the opposition, something which simply hasn't transpired in the three games that I've witnessed to date (including yesterday at Vauxhall Motors).

He does look somewhat bereft of confidence to me.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the bench is our benchmark