Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any chance we can sort the segregation and tv gantry out?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Any chance we can sort the segregation and tv gantry out?  (Read 13100 times)

Jezza

« on: December 13, 2014, 10:35:19 PM »

Not going to have a go...just asking if the club can look at it....we have a natural sterile area which should be big enough to separate us from half a dozen middle aged macc fools.....closing that last 3rd of the pop side combined with the tv gantry taking up the whole of the middle of the pop side meant my view of the 2nd half was of a stand pillar, the bloke in front of me and a mesh fence.

I chose to stand there and I appreciate the club acts on police advice.....just think we could use the corner as a sterile area and/or move the tv gantry so it stands on the flat area at the back of pop side leaving an area in front.

Otherwise terrific result today, some good performances and the right spirit and most pleasingly after going out of the cup and trophy macc will be scrabbling for the funds to sustain full time football and will surely start to slide down the table.....lee's mission is to finish above them....god speed mr sinnot!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Any chance we can sort the segregation and tv gantry out?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 10:47:17 PM »

You have a point ,anyone heard what the crowd was today ?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:01:44 PM »

There were twice as many Grimsby fans and four times as many coppers yet the sterile area was only the corner. Why not make the away end smaller rather than penalise home fans?

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 11:51:45 PM »

There were twice as many Grimsby fans and four times as many coppers yet the sterile area was only the corner. Why not make the away end smaller rather than penalise home fans?
I'm pretty sure that the sterile area at the Grimsby game was the same as today - I tend to notice these things as I generally can't use the pop side any more as my son struggles to see the game for the reasons mentioned above. Those metal fence panels tied together with bits of string look awful and if they are really needed then put them on the away end. The away end capacity is around 1400 I think - apart from Stockport and Wrexham, has anyone come close to filling the away end in the last few years?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Hulme Robin

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 01:12:34 AM »

It doesn't make any sense giving so much of our home advantage away like we did today. 12 scruffy hillbilly sheep lovers wearing fake stone island and we've closed a third of the pop side?

T.C

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »

totally agree, its over the top and spoils the whole second half, the view, the atmosphere ect.  PLEASE SORT IT OUT

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 12:17:36 PM »

I'm not sure what can be done about the TV gantry but the current fencing and segregation arrangements mean that our own regular fans are made to suffer (poor views, reduced atmosphere) for the benefit of away fans.  That can't be right.

Is there any way the gap can be altered or better fences installed?

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 12:54:35 PM »

What's the point in segregation at all, when the Macc idiots are able to wander into our bar at the end of the game? Scaring women and children with their threatening antics

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 12:59:11 PM »

I'm sure that will be looked into, as they shouldn't have been able to wander back in.Good job some of our more animated supporters werent in the bar or it could have been a big problem

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 01:33:41 PM »

What's the point in segregation at all, when the Macc idiots are able to wander into our bar at the end of the game? Scaring women and children with their threatening antics
Fair point

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »

I'm sure that will be looked into, as they shouldn't have been able to wander back in.Good job some of our more animated supporters werent in the bar or it could have been a big problem

They walked in the Golf Road gate, not sure what you can do about it?

Are we banning away fans from our bar a la Barnet?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 07:49:49 PM »

As i left the ground  were a few unknown faces walking in via the golf road exit , weren't that young either , late 20s maybe 30s

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 07:53:20 PM »

Yes looked old enough to know better but I guess there really are some f wits out there in the world
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 09:42:35 PM »

In games in which we are playing against teams with Big followings it may be a good idea yes we may lose a few quid but safety of are own fans is more important

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 11:40:18 PM »

In games in which we are playing against teams with Big followings it may be a good idea yes we may lose a few quid but safety of are own fans is more important

The bar can be segregated for big games as it is effectively two rooms.The lighting colour can be changed as well to match the opponents colours, therefore Alty fans can have red lighting in our room & Chester (for example) can have blue lighting in their room.....which is nice!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team