PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team ??????
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Team ??????  (Read 4450 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team ??????
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 10:42:50 AM »

Weren't you one of the people that said last season that we needed a big target man up front as these 2 couldn't play together? Now we have a target man you wish to leave him out. Why?..................................................

Reply to the above

For some reason I can't do those boxes around text on this computer..... Anyway regarding the above, no I think Little and Senior is our best partnership, I've always said that. Little is a must starter and Senior is dangerous and makes the best movement. Its a shame neither of them is a big forward but I would still play those two up front.

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 01:08:51 PM »

Thats fair enough, just thought you were one of the people that said that.  My bad.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 02:58:42 PM »

For some reason I can't do those boxes around text on this computer..... Anyway regarding the above, no I think Little and Senior is our best partnership, I've always said that. Little is a must starter and Senior is dangerous and makes the best movement. Its a shame neither of them is a big forward but I would still play those two up front.

We struggled desperately with these 2 up front last season. We just could not hold the ball up there at all.

They may fair slightly better as we now have more effective wingers than last season to act as outlets though.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 10:55:28 PM »

We desperately need Johnson to play consistently well for a few games to vary the play up front and lay off some chances. Until that happens, I fear we will continue to look a little one-dimensional.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team ??????