PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 another PART TIME footballer leaves PART TIME (sic) NVFC
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: another PART TIME footballer leaves PART TIME (sic) NVFC  (Read 7955 times)

Alty365

Re: another PART TIME footballer leaves PART TIME (sic) NVFC
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 03:45:36 PM »

Could I ask what you would do if Alty were in the same situation?

There is probably very little I could do in real terms to change the situation, as fans it is largely out of our hands. However, I would be feeling a mixture of excitement and very real concern, probably pretty much the same as you are now in all fairness. It will be very interesting to see how it pans out for you.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 06:00:14 PM »

I agree that currently our attendances aren't upto much but season ticket sales are double last years sales already and there is a feeling of optmism about the place that I personally have not experienced at Vics for a long time. As for the money men pulling out, yes, you are quite right that we would be up the creek, as we would have been had Jim Rushe not bought the club from the Walrus. The fact remains however that there is very little, other than moaning on a forum we could do. As has been stated before, IF they pull out and we go the way of Halifax then we will start again as a trust run club in the NWC.
 BUT, they seem to have the clubs interest at heart which to be fair to them they have always stated. They WANT the club to succeed unlike the Walrus who was interested only in making a fast buck.
 Time will tell, if it goes tits up then we will be there to pick up the pieces, if not then we may have some fine times ahead.

Could I ask what you would do if Alty were in the same situation?

So what if you've doubled season ticket sales?  2 is the double of 1.  100 is the double of 50.  Is it enough?  Likewise, what income, apart from gate receipts, is there?

And we wouldn't be in the same situation because we live within our means and know our limitations.  We are part time on a very tight budget, have an average crowd of 1,000, have every match sponsored, pretty much every hoarding sold, bar and catering income and so on and so on.  Yet we make only a minimal profit every year.  Look at your own gates and revenue streams and do the maths.

cheeky trucker

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 06:00:47 PM »

The hourly rate might not be that much different, but full time means at least 35 hours per week, ours are part time, a max. of 10 hours per week I would think, unless thee's a long trip involved when I presume we have got to have some agreement with their other employers. If Vics player are not earning more on full time pay than ours on part time pay per week then there would be all sorts of questions about whether they are earning the minimum wage!!

I think you will struggle to find a premiership player that works 35 hours a week let alone a BSP player and as for minimum wage, I think even our meagre resources will be above that!

Sorry SA, but I have to say that yours is the daftest reply I've read on here for a while.

Just putting aside rivalry etc. for one minute, I'd like to ask a sensible question. Bearing in mind your recent scrapes with financial trouble, are you confident that this move towards full time status is sustainable, especially given your low average crowds and lack of income streams? I don't see how you can do it without the money men who are currently throwing their weight behind you and if they were to leave (not unheard of) you would be completely up the creak.

You make a fair point, however the same could be said in terms of most football clubs. If Mr Goodwin removed or reduced his financial support  would it cause Alty difficulties?   Likewise the money men at Stevenage, Oxford, Woking etc, if they pulled out they'd all have a similar problem I would imagine.

Sure our track record regarding feckless investors in the club is none too good, MC being the most embarrassing. The present owners appear genuine, and in fairness no blame over the shortcomings of Connett can be levelled at them. Okay if it doesn't pan out as they promise or expect then we are back where we were in October, starting again in an AFC form. Maybe that would've been better in the long run, maybe, just maybe it won't happen; only time will tell. Messrs Rushe, Bone and Campbell bought the club (at a sum of money agreeable to the creditors, no one put a gun to their heads) and saved it in its present form. At this point fans have two options, continue supporting the team and see how it goes or form a breakaway AFC (possibly for no good reason). I think the majority watch with their eyes wide open to what might happen; we have no control over the situation, we just have to pick up the pieces if it goes wrong, and revert to Plan A.

As for the cash streams, I'm sure they have plenty of irons in the fire (no not just the High Street shop ;)). Certainly once the ground is bought back from MC (and all I hear suggests this will happen shortly) the financial situation will look a little more stable and progress (if any I'll openly admit) is in their own hands.

Interesting times ahead for sure, and it certainly seems to be interesting your forum in the slow summer months, judging by the postings ;)

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 08:22:25 PM »

So what if you've doubled season ticket sales?  2 is the double of 1.  100 is the double of 50.  Is it enough?  Likewise, what income, apart from gate receipts, is there?

And we wouldn't be in the same situation because we live within our means and know our limitations.  We are part time on a very tight budget, have an average crowd of 1,000, have every match sponsored, pretty much every hoarding sold, bar and catering income and so on and so on.  Yet we make only a minimal profit every year.  Look at your own gates and revenue streams and do the maths.

Bob , you didn't get what I was trying to get across, we are cautious of anyone coming in now to our club after what Connett has done to us but I reiterate - we can't do anything about it, just try and enjoy and get behind the new owners and hope they can deliver their promises.

If a millionaire came in and bought Alty lock stock, there would be very little you could do about it either mate and I suspect you would enjoy it too, with the thought, possibly, of league footy at the lane. ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 11:33:28 PM »

You make a fair point, however the same could be said in terms of most football clubs. If Mr Goodwin removed or reduced his financial support  would it cause Alty difficulties?   Likewise the money men at Stevenage, Oxford, Woking etc, if they pulled out they'd all have a similar problem I would imagine.

Sure our track record regarding feckless investors in the club is none too good, MC being the most embarrassing. The present owners appear genuine, and in fairness no blame over the shortcomings of Connett can be levelled at them. Okay if it doesn't pan out as they promise or expect then we are back where we were in October, starting again in an AFC form. Maybe that would've been better in the long run, maybe, just maybe it won't happen; only time will tell. Messrs Rushe, Bone and Campbell bought the club (at a sum of money agreeable to the creditors, no one put a gun to their heads) and saved it in its present form. At this point fans have two options, continue supporting the team and see how it goes or form a breakaway AFC (possibly for no good reason). I think the majority watch with their eyes wide open to what might happen; we have no control over the situation, we just have to pick up the pieces if it goes wrong, and revert to Plan A.

As for the cash streams, I'm sure they have plenty of irons in the fire (no not just the High Street shop ;)). Certainly once the ground is bought back from MC (and all I hear suggests this will happen shortly) the financial situation will look a little more stable and progress (if any I'll openly admit) is in their own hands.

Interesting times ahead for sure, and it certainly seems to be interesting your forum in the slow summer months, judging by the postings ;)

An interesting departure on this debate from the usual mud slinging I think. Certainly good to hear some considered salt munching views.  ;) I think we can all agree that it will be interesting. Me, personally I agree with Ecky that soon we will hear the first statements of "we need 3,000 gates etc" but so far from what I know these chaps are, at the least paying off the debts in full.

Credit to them for that, tho I'm not sure why they would. Also, buying the ground of MC seems odd, how much will that cost. I guess it's a lot of unanswered questions.

To sum up, short term you'd rather be in Vics shoes, long term in Altys shoes really.

p.s. Waste of a fair bit of money paying for Roberts and Brown for a month, you only needed to finish 22nd to stay up you know.  ;)

Vics Fan

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 02:02:30 AM »

Season ticket sales are already upto the 150 mark, another couple of months and we'll hopefully break the 250 barrier before the start of the season which will be proably be a club record. There is a very big feeling that we'll do very well next season, the pre-season buzz in mid-cheshire is something we havn't had for a very long time and the ground takeover will be the icing on the cake. We can then finally return 'home' 6 years after we left the Drill Field, it's been a long long rocky road but we're nearly there.  We can then maximise the money we generate which will take us further forward, that said we're already commercially active and I suspect we won't have any problems in having all our matches sponsored and many advertising boards being sold.
The 'home' kit sponsorship worth around £185,000 was a massive bonus and we've just signed a deal for the away kit, the new consortium are working extremley hard to take us forward and NVFC fans are giving them the full backing. Alty fans should be pleased for us just as we're pleased you stayed up, next season should be half decent for both of us and I suspect our gates will be well  above 1000 if we stop losing at home and finally get our 'home' back. 868 last season was very poor, however we had only won 2 games at home by the middle of March! hardly the form to attract missing fans. I expect Vics and Alty next season to be averaging around 1200, we could also do with the boxing day match being at the VS as NYD game is always around 500 less as it is at most grounds.
Good luck next season, as I've said you should be grateful that you've stayed up and that we'll be playing you once again.   

Narcissist

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 08:10:12 AM »

Season ticket sales are already upto the 150 mark, another couple of months and we'll hopefully break the 250 barrier before the start of the season which will be proably be a club record. There is a very big feeling that we'll do very well next season, the pre-season buzz in mid-cheshire is something we havn't had for a very long time and the ground takeover will be the icing on the cake. We can then finally return 'home' 6 years after we left the Drill Field, it's been a long long rocky road but we're nearly there.  We can then maximise the money we generate which will take us further forward, that said we're already commercially active and I suspect we won't have any problems in having all our matches sponsored and many advertising boards being sold.
The 'home' kit sponsorship worth around £185,000 was a massive bonus and we've just signed a deal for the away kit, the new consortium are working extremley hard to take us forward and NVFC fans are giving them the full backing. Alty fans should be pleased for us just as we're pleased you stayed up, next season should be half decent for both of us and I suspect our gates will be well  above 1000 if we stop losing at home and finally get our 'home' back. 868 last season was very poor, however we had only won 2 games at home by the middle of March! hardly the form to attract missing fans. I expect Vics and Alty next season to be averaging around 1200, we could also do with the boxing day match being at the VS as NYD game is always around 500 less as it is at most grounds.
Good luck next season, as I've said you should be grateful that you've stayed up and that we'll be playing you once again.   

I admire your optimism.

If either of us average 1200 next season then i'll bare my arse in burtons.

Who should we be grateful to anyway? Certainly not you or any other fan in the BSP. We stayed up on merit, as did you, we've seen it all before with vics fans coming on here to chime on about the bright future and potentially great season ahead. I hope it works out for us both, but i'm more realistic.

Good luck

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 12:50:57 PM »

The 'home' kit sponsorship worth around £185,000 was a massive bonus  

::)

markecky

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 03:46:15 PM »

There is not a chance in the world that someone has paid £185,000 to sponsor your home kit.  Not a chance.

cheeky trucker

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 04:05:18 PM »

There is not a chance in the world that someone has paid £185,000 to sponsor your home kit.  Not a chance.

Sorry, I forgot you are the oracle on everyone elses business.  You'd obviously therefore have a far more extensive knowledge of our sponsorship deal than Vics fan would. How stupid of me ::)

Oh, by the way, Encia, the sponsors name on the Home shirt, is the company of Nick Bone, part of the consortium involved in buying the club. Admit I don't know the exact figure either, but Vics fan never said how many years the sponsorship deal involved now did he? It could even  be £185,000 over ten years, for all you know, now couldn't it? ;)

Narcissist

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 04:12:08 PM »

Sorry, I forgot you are the oracle on everyone elses business.  You'd obviously therefore have a far more extensive knowledge of our sponsorship deal than Vics fan would. How stupid of me ::)

Oh, by the way, Encia, the sponsors name on the Home shirt, is the company of Nick Bone, part of the consortium involved in buying the club. Admit I don't know the exact figure either, but Vics fan never said how many years the sponsorship deal involved now did he? It could even  be £185,000 over ten years, for all you know, now couldn't it? ;)

That hardly counts does it. Its not like a third party who saw such an amazing investment of money on the cards.

Didnt Encia do this in order to fund the 50k a year you have to give connett after this year for that 2-sided ground. So in actual fact it takes you back to square one and you have little income, and fewer streams to provide it.

Sorry, but I think ecky was right. Look a little deeper.

Vics Fan

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 05:29:39 PM »

We won't be paying Mr C for much longer if things go to plan, £50k per year better of then if we're spinning things the way this board does at times. If you care to look at the Northwich Guradian website you'll find that the 5 year sponsorship deal of over £175,000 was announced on 1.1.08, the new away kit deal has just been agreed and is another substantial sum. I suggest you look around for similar investment  instead of whinging at other clubs who are clearly doing a decent job commercially, don't forget NVFC have played at the top of non-league football for almost 30 year apart from the one  season we won the conference north, we are the brand name as far as Northwich is concerned, maybe if you'd stayed in the top flight as long as us you'd be able to attract similar investment unless you already have of course!

Vics Fan

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 05:33:30 PM »

And as for the two sided ground, both ends have a capacity of 483 each!!  However we'll eventually be erecting a stand at the away end to house the 1500 alty fans that you''ll no doubt be bringing to the VS.

Vics Fan

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 06:40:59 PM »

If you want an undate chaps on the ambition of NVFC and our 2 and very soon 3 new signings then log onto  northwichvics.co.uk     Happy reading!

markecky

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 06:54:13 PM »

"I suggest you look around for similar investment  instead of whinging at other clubs who are clearly doing a decent job commercially".

Are you seriously taking credit for getting one of the owners to sponsor the shirt?  What a coo that was.

Thats why the figure is so inflated. Just a way of getting money in around the wagecap.

As for being the oracle on everyone else's business, I just happen to know people who know people when it comes to remortgaging houses and fees that were offered to Hyde for Gareth Seddon last season and again now.

Don't take it out on me because you know nowt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 another PART TIME footballer leaves PART TIME (sic) NVFC