PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 another PART TIME footballer leaves PART TIME (sic) NVFC
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: another PART TIME footballer leaves PART TIME (sic) NVFC  (Read 7954 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 20, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/index.php?topic=2881.0

might be one for us to have a look at, Im loving this switch to training four mornings a week and still classing yourself as part time by northwich. What the f**k does "part time" mean anymore, 4 trainiing sessions and up to two games a week isnt part time in my book.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: another PART TIME footballer leaves PART TIME (sic) NVFC
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:47:21 PM »

How can they hold down jobs and do that?  ???

Ithought you you either have jobs and train in the evening or you make your living from football, they must have some very understanding employers.

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 08:49:47 PM »

Hmmmm! He's central defense: anyone know if he's left footed?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:51:33 PM »

No, you've got it all wrong.

It's part-time playing and part-time training = part-timer players!

Although to be honest, if they've not got another job - and can't hold one down because they're either playing or training, then .........
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 07:31:24 PM »

From the Northwich Guardian:

By Andrew Simpson
Maamria's young guns to train every day next term.
Dino Maamria plans to take Vics into a new professional era.
The Vics boss told the guardian his key signings this summer were with a shift to full time football in mind. "I want a young squad of hungry players keen to prove themselves at this level.
"Almost all of them will have no job outside football which means I get them out on the training ground during the day for most days of the week."
Maamria admitted his definition of full time differed from that of journalists and perhaps rival managers. He says budgets separate the top clubs from those at the bottom, not how many times they train. "You will hear people say Burton Albion are part time." he said. But their wage bill is double ours and we can't compete on the same level in terms of attracting players. "I try not to get into debate but it annoys me when people moan about being part time, when they are the ones trying to sign older more experienced  players who demand more money. "I've gone the opposite way by signing young players who make up for in desire what they lack in experience."
He told the Guardian he is three players short of the team he wants next season.

OK, hope this clears up the debate, we HAVEN'T been full time before - we ARE now.

The three players short are JJ Okocha, Eric Djemba Djemba and Jaap Stam ;)

markecky

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 07:33:50 PM »

Seems to make full sense to me lads.

Full time on crowds on 695, with no revenue streams, is a natural step.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 08:45:02 PM »

I know we tried to discuss this before but if I were a Vics fan I'd be cr*pping myself. Nine months ago they were on the verge of going pop and now its full time football funded by seemingly well intentioned benefactors with no previous ties to the Vics. *gulp*

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 09:16:54 PM »

I know we tried to discuss this before but if I were a Vics fan I'd be cr*pping myself. Nine months One month ago they were on the verge of going pop and now its full time football funded by seemingly well intentioned benefactors with no previous ties to the Vics. *gulp*

There JTH, I've corrected your post for you.  :)

Vics Chick

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 10:03:31 PM »

You seem to make the sweeping assumption there that a player on a full-time contract gets paid more than one on a part-time contract. I rather suspect that some of your part-timers will get paid more by Alty than some of our full-timers.

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 11:38:09 PM »

You seem to make the sweeping assumption there that a player on a full-time contract gets paid more than one on a part-time contract. I rather suspect that some of your part-timers will get paid more by Alty than some of our full-timers.

If your players are on less than £200 a week full time (ie. less than our part time players probably get paid) they must be living in caravans or something because I fail to see how they can pay bills or support families on that wage. Also, it's not just players wages that you have to consider as a full time club. There are other staff and training facilities to pay for. Presumably the players will have lunch provided for them every day and there will be extra laundry costs for training kit. All these things add up over a period of time and are certainly far greater costs than we would pay as a part time club. In the long term there is no way you can possibly sustain such a setup with crowds of under 700 and no means of generating income in and around your half built stadium.

I think any Vics fan who says they are not even a tiny bit worried by the current goings on at their club is only kidding themself, irrespective of the level of bravado shown on this, or any other forum.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 03:38:14 PM »

Plus footballers have a limited playing career so doubt would be playing full time on anything less than £400p\w, thats only about £20,000 a year.
and when Full time the contracts will run for a whole year so you'll be paying your wages for the 2months of close season when there is no revenue .. ahh wait .. you haven't got any of that now ... Those shirts best sell well .. ha ha

Stockportalty

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 11:07:38 AM »

The hourly rate might not be that much different, but full time means at least 35 hours per week, ours are part time, a max. of 10 hours per week I would think, unless thee's a long trip involved when I presume we have got to have some agreement with their other employers. If Vics player are not earning more on full time pay than ours on part time pay per week then there would be all sorts of questions about whether they are earning the minimum wage!!

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »

The hourly rate might not be that much different, but full time means at least 35 hours per week, ours are part time, a max. of 10 hours per week I would think, unless thee's a long trip involved when I presume we have got to have some agreement with their other employers. If Vics player are not earning more on full time pay than ours on part time pay per week then there would be all sorts of questions about whether they are earning the minimum wage!!

I think you will struggle to find a premiership player that works 35 hours a week let alone a BSP player and as for minimum wage, I think even our meagre resources will be above that!

Sorry SA, but I have to say that yours is the daftest reply I've read on here for a while.

Alty365

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 01:55:46 PM »

I think you will struggle to find a premiership player that works 35 hours a week let alone a BSP player and as for minimum wage, I think even our meagre resources will be above that!

Sorry SA, but I have to say that yours is the daftest reply I've read on here for a while.

Just putting aside rivalry etc. for one minute, I'd like to ask a sensible question. Bearing in mind your recent scrapes with financial trouble, are you confident that this move towards full time status is sustainable, especially given your low average crowds and lack of income streams? I don't see how you can do it without the money men who are currently throwing their weight behind you and if they were to leave (not unheard of) you would be completely up the creak.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 02:02:43 PM by Alty365 »

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 02:34:44 PM »

I agree that currently our attendances aren't upto much but season ticket sales are double last years sales already and there is a feeling of optmism about the place that I personally have not experienced at Vics for a long time. As for the money men pulling out, yes, you are quite right that we would be up the creek, as we would have been had Jim Rushe not bought the club from the Walrus. The fact remains however that there is very little, other than moaning on a forum we could do. As has been stated before, IF they pull out and we go the way of Halifax then we will start again as a trust run club in the NWC.
 BUT, they seem to have the clubs interest at heart which to be fair to them they have always stated. They WANT the club to succeed unlike the Walrus who was interested only in making a fast buck.
 Time will tell, if it goes tits up then we will be there to pick up the pieces, if not then we may have some fine times ahead.

Could I ask what you would do if Alty were in the same situation?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team