News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 business model

Author Topic: business model  (Read 2421 times)

dino

business model
« on: January 11, 2008, 07:59:47 PM »

having been on vacation in the western cape since the northwich debacle on boxing day,i noticed several clubs in the south african league which train part time 3 times per week starting at 5.30am finishing at 7.30am. we should look at this ..

it is unnecessary to have a full time manager at a part time club.... what can one do on their own?

overnite stops for away games should be stopped,except torquay/crawley as it makes no differnce to results. this would save £1500/game

appointing a high profile second in command is a drain on scarce financial resources... the manager should be capable of motivating and organising 16/17 players

in the absence of further outside investment,admission prices should increase by at least £2/game next season to support larger squad....... in business there are only 3 things that you can do to increase profitability.......  cut costs,increase your selling prices or increase your volumes -which one do you think would be most dynamic at ML???

as for attendances,it is possible for us to hit 2k/game. barnet in early 90's was a good example of local support for a successful,attractive non league side.perhaps the video of the game should be forwarded to the chairman along with 4 other matches that season which attracted 2k gates, and colchester away

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: business model
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »

lot of hole's in that....

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:44:12 PM »

having been on vacation in the western cape since the northwich debacle on boxing day,i noticed several clubs in the south african league which train part time 3 times per week starting at 5.30am finishing at 7.30am. we should look at this ..

it is unnecessary to have a full time manager at a part time club.... what can one do on their own?

overnite stops for away games should be stopped,except torquay/crawley as it makes no differnce to results. this would save £1500/game

appointing a high profile second in command is a drain on scarce financial resources... the manager should be capable of motivating and organising 16/17 players

in the absence of further outside investment,admission prices should increase by at least £2/game next season to support larger squad....... in business there are only 3 things that you can do to increase profitability.......  cut costs,increase your selling prices or increase your volumes -which one do you think would be most dynamic at ML???

as for attendances,it is possible for us to hit 2k/game. barnet in early 90's was a good example of local support for a successful,attractive non league side.perhaps the video of the game should be forwarded to the chairman along with 4 other matches that season which attracted 2k gates, and colchester away

Do you think a part time manager on much less money will be capable of managing at this level? 
Do you know how much Graham Barrow is being paid?  Do you have any rough idea?

The attendance is only relative to the club's financial position.  You cite Barnet in the early 90s but remember that they turned out to be a house of cards and they ended up in financial chaos.  In any case, there is no way we would average 2000 at this level.  It won't happen.   To do that, we'd need to get into the league, difficult with a part time manager and less overnight stops...

Short of there being an outside benefactor pumping in a few hundred grand a year, we are at as high a level as is realistic.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 09:45:37 PM »

First of all, is this a wind up or a serious post. I'll swallow my incredulousness and assume the latter.

Christ Almighty, that's a belter. I'm not even going to go on that on

I understand your way of thinking but that's not strictly true. It does make a difference. Moreover, the one thing we can offer players is complete professionalism and the opportunity to prepare in the very best way possible

Er, I think that every football club in the world has an assistant manger so I'll go with the majority on that one

Dino, I seriously think you should consider taking a business studies course or an economics one. Or at the very least change the title of this post before putting stuff like this up. I'll leave you with 2 words. Price Elasticity.

as for attendances,it is possible for us to hit 2k/game. barnet in early 90's was a good example of local support for a successful,attractive non league side.perhaps the video of the game should be forwarded to the chairman along with 4 other matches that season which attracted 2k gates, and colchester away.

I'm not sure that the highest profile game for possibly our best ever side is a realistic model to base attendance and income predictions on. I think maybe more business lessons are needed mate. p.s. I think if we went on a 28 game unbeaten run we would get good crowds yes, don't think it's a regular occurence though

Sorry Dino, back to the drawing board I think mate.

Hold on...wait,... you're not THAT Dino are you?............

Butty

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 10:01:40 PM »

Hold on...wait,... you're not THAT Dino are you?............

haha now you mention it i thought the name looked familiar somehow. Aah yes, the tactical genius cannot do business either.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »

Dino, did you spend three weeks engaging in the South African pastime of smoking Dagga (Marawana) ?

I lived in South Africa for 23 years and clubs training at 5.30am in the morning is a new one on me. I played at Rustenburg and we trained twice a week Tueday and Thursday evenings 7pm to 9pm and the highlight was the after training drinking sessions. South African Soccer is part-time and the last example to follow by anyone.

When SA played England at Old Trafford in 1997 the SA team threatened a boycott over pay. This prompted England Captain Alan Shearer to rant that he would play for England for nothing. At the time Alan Shearer was earning £28,000 a week salary from his club - his opposite number for SA, Gerry Siskosana was on less than £200 per month which supported his family of 11 members. The SAFA entourage for that game was huge (all paid from SAFA funds) with less than half being players and backroom staff. This included the three females expensively brought over to sing their National Anthem - a total embarrasment - a sorry sight, awful sound and they could only manage to recite part of the Anthem.

As for the rest of present day South African society - extremely violent crime, poverty, corruption, road carnage and the AIDS epidemic - some example to follow ?
Anything positive ? - Yes, SA are the World's top nation - at Rugby (ask any Englishman) !!!!

Narcissist

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »

Thank f*ck you aren't Geoff Goodwin

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 01:23:55 PM »

Dino, did you spend three weeks engaging in the South African pastime of smoking Dagga (Marawana) ?

Alty drug squad would like to point out, whilst not condoning the use of any psychoactives, that Dagga is a South African slang term for cannabis sativa. Not to be confused with Wild Dagga (also known as Lion's Tail; Leonitis leonurus) which is very mildy psychoactive and sometimes used as a substitute for the real deal.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 business model