News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Footy for a fiver v Oxford Saturday 8th September

Author Topic: Footy for a fiver v Oxford Saturday 8th September  (Read 3133 times)

Ideas 4 Alty

« on: August 22, 2007, 11:27:02 PM »

On Saturday 8th September Altrincham host Oxford United in what should be one of our biggest gates of the season. As this fixture also falls on an international weekend this means neither United or City playing at home and with England's game kicking off at 5pm this gives us a massive opportunity to attract a lot of floating support. As a one-off the club is offering the following:

Any Manchester United or Manchester City season ticket holders can come to the Oxford game for just £5. A similar idea was tried with England ticket holders last season and it worked a treat. Like last season, anybody wishing to take up the offer must either send their details to the club by email or ring the club in advance. Contact details are shown below:

footyforafiver@hotmail.co.uk

Tel. 0161 928 1045

In addition to this, the England game will be shown live in the Noel White Suite at 5pm with all fans welcome to stay and enjoy a few drinks in our bar. We hope to see as many faces at Moss Lane as possible to get behind the lads and enjoy what should be a great occasion. Please spread the word about this offer and I would ask those of you who are registered on Man United and Man City web forums to copy and paste this message onto them.

Spread the word and let's pack the terraces for this one!

Ideas 4 Alty

Re: Footy for a fiver v Oxford Saturday 8th September
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:41:50 PM »

I have tried to register on the Red Issue forum to publicise this but I still haven't received my confirmation email. If anyone is able to post on there could you put it on there for me please?

Many thanks in advance!

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 01:17:33 AM »

BUMP

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 10:38:46 AM »

How about a season ticket reward scheme , where season ticket holders get to bring a friend free to one or two selected games a season?

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 11:20:16 AM »

Sounds like an interesting idea. Will definitely look into this!

baldrick

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 08:39:15 PM »

Putting fans of two clubs who hate each other on an unsegregated terrace could be dangerous. Oxford also have a hooligan element who have been looking for a chance to have a good fight.

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »

Putting fans of two clubs who hate each other on an unsegregated terrace could be dangerous. Oxford also have a hooligan element who have been looking for a chance to have a good fight.

Forgive me for trying to use my initiative and come up with ways of promoting the club to a wider audience. Part of the idea behind getting people to "pre-register" is to filter out idiots and trouble-makers. Your comments about Oxford "hooligans" are rather laughable given that the only trouble encountered with them was a handful of local yobs at their own ground. They were not intent on any sort of trouble at Moss Lane last year as far as I can remember. Seeing as how I ran the idea past Grahame Rowley before it was given the go-ahead I'm pretty sure it would have been stopped if there was any real potential for trouble at the game.

If you've got any good ideas that can help promote the club Baldrick please email them to me on the usual address: ideas4alty@hotmail.co.uk. I suspect you probably won't though, you'll more than likely just look to pick holes in perfectly good ideas again like you've done here.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 07:37:02 AM »

Great Idea Rosie. There are 120,000 regular football match goers on our door step, the more that we can get to come down to Moss Lane the better. Hopefully the team will step up from their current performances and put a show on.

baldrick

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 10:32:22 PM »

OK How about nominating a few games where season ticket holders can bring a friend free. The friend will probably spend money on beer/food/programme etc and there is a chance they might return as a paying customer. Also, how about guided tours of the stadium for local schools, possibly even let them play on the pitch.

Ideas 4 Alty

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 12:58:17 AM »

OK How about nominating a few games where season ticket holders can bring a friend free. The friend will probably spend money on beer/food/programme etc and there is a chance they might return as a paying customer. Also, how about guided tours of the stadium for local schools, possibly even let them play on the pitch.

Many thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it! I think it's fantastic that you've come up with the above ideas and they seem like good ones to me. If you have a plan in mind drop me an email and we'll try and find a way to make them work for the club. You can never have too many good ideas and with your help I think we can really make some progress.

Thanks Baldrick, I look forward to hearing from you!  :)

Anyone else who has good ideas or can help the club in any way? Get in touch today - ideas4alty@hotmail.co.uk

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 08:37:44 AM »

. Also, how about guided tours of the stadium for local schools, possibly even let them play on the pitch.

Baldrick, school parties tour moss lane on regular occasions during the week as school trips.It always proves very popular with all the local schools.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 02:13:28 PM »

It is inevitable that most football fans in the Alty area, even those of us whose first love is the Robins, would probabably favour either United or City. I dont recall these feelings leading to any violence on the Moss Lane terraces during an Alty League match. As for Oxford, there was a problem at the Kassam stadium when we played them last season, caused by their local yobs seeing an opportunity to start a fight in a situation where they were unlikely to come off second best. It reminded me of England fans in Dublin in 1995 who started a riot from the protected area of the top tear of the stand, where the local yobs could not possibly attack or retaliate. That incident resulted in the match being abandoned and saved England from another defeat. Pure cowardice. I hope Oxford have security measures to avoid a repeat this season and in the future - if we stay up.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team