PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How old are you on this forum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: How old are you on this forum  (Read 10388 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: How old are you on this forum
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 11:44:25 AM »

57 a week on tuesday - in my 42nd year of following the "Supers"
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 12:10:59 PM »

16, first game when i was 3/4 and been going regularly to home games and to a few away games for about 4 years. On and off before that.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 12:41:31 PM »

57 a week on tuesday - in my 42nd year of following the "Supers"

saughall i know youve told the story before but can you remind me of where the supers name came from ?

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 02:26:48 PM »

50 and my first game was a 3-3 home draw with Mossley in 1963 on a pitch covered with sand.
First away game was a 4-1 drubbing of Northwich in I think 1965
These days I am limited to Alty matches in the South East.
I once travelled from Johannesburg to see the Robins knock Blackpool out of the FA Cup in 1984.
Fondest memories Everton, Spurs, Hartlepool, Birmingham, Sheffield United, Blackburn, Blackpool (twice) Orient, Crewe (3-0) all in the FA Cup.
Then when we beat Mossley in the NPL Cup 5-4 after being down 4-1 with only 11 minutes to go in the late 70's.
Biggest disappointment was a 1-0 defeat to Notts county in The FA Cup in 1973. Then the 6-1 defeat at Burnley the day before I went to live in South Africa for 23 years. I was also at the Barrow (then a third division side) game when Bert Lister R.I.P. scored.
I still think Jackie Swindells was our greatest ever player but we had other great characters - Les Campbell, Mike Halliwell, John Hughes, Gerry Casey, Joe Pritchard, John Rogers, Peter Eales, Barry Howard and of course Kingy.
Yip, those were the days.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 02:42:38 PM »

42 and been following now since the mid seventies.....just wish I was a little closer (like the same country would help). Feels bad not being there, especially first day of the season.....

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 02:52:26 PM »

54,Supported Alty since the mid 60s first game was the FA Cup against Wrexham,i used to sell programs for the club also
Harold

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 02:54:20 PM »

42.....In the early/ mid 70s Mum and Dad would only let me go to United with my Dad but approved Alty for going on my own!  Hence growing up an Alty and United fan.   Think there were a fair few of us like that during the 70s.   First game in 1973 Alty beat Horwich RMI in an FA Cup qualifying round.   Best memory-Lenny Dickinson having verbals with the moaners on the Popular Side.   Not much changes eh?  Now live in the States but still get to a couple of games a year.   Last year one of the was the win over Vics so I chose well.  Not sure which games I'll be back for this year.   Notice we have a  lot of exiles on here.  Come on today Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 05:38:47 PM »

saughall i know youve told the story before but can you remind me of where the supers name came from ?

Basically, from the chant of "Super,super Robins, Super Reds, super Reds" which quite a few of us 'young uns' (then!) used to sing. It just stuck with me from then.
On starting work and bringing mates with me to matches when I could persuade or coerce them into it, they got to hearme referring to the team like that and my nickname at work became 'super' (nothing to do with any inate ability of mine!!!!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Dianne

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »

54 first started going early seventies

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 10:40:41 PM »

No one mentions Jonnie Worth,Jack Swindells partner up front,if Jonnie was sober then we could expect goals from him,if he was drunk then fun and games on the pitch anything could happen.Remember turning up for a game at Drill Fields,Jonnie had been in the bar for hours,Alty fans on hearing this shrugged and would say fun today then.i think he might have scored in that game.
Harold

PartyTownRobin

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 10:44:45 PM »

32 been going to the matches regularly for the last 4/5 season.

but very sporadically attending for the last 20 years

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 10:49:20 PM »

32 been going to the matches regularly for the last 4/5 season.

but very sporadically attending for the last 20 years

am i reight in thinking partytown is partington and is named as all the pubs are chut so people have parties instead ?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »

Another exile - from Bucks (Beaconsfield SYCOB: - now home to Slough Town, nearest ground to my home).  Agred 45, started watching in the last season of the Cheshire League 1967/8 aged 5.  40th anniversary this year therefore.

Now between 7 and 15 matches per season each season for the last five years. Nearly ever present in 78/9 (missed Barrow away) and  in 79/80 (Bath away, Yeovil at home).  Saw 44 matches in 82/3 despite living in London.

Frosty

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 01:01:42 PM »

27 first game 1988/89 first round FA cup Alty 3 Lincoln City 2 - crushed at the front during pitch invasion!

AltySi

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 01:02:05 PM »

29, 1st game was October 1994.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 How old are you on this forum