PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solution
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Solution  (Read 7301 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Solution
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 05:57:07 PM »

How about asking the Two CEO's of two of manchesters most successful business (one who is the global leading company in their field) if they want to join us?

Both are playing at Mods Lane this afternoon

A golden opportunity. SURELY the board must be alive to the possibilities here.

Guests will be given sponsorship packages information

It's an interesting post Jack and a good example. I mean, it's probably a bit annoying for them to be propositioned but you don't ask you don't get. I'd like to think we'll do more than just give them a sponsorship leaflet.

We'd need to talk to them and really ask them on board, offer up a place on the board in fact, or make some shares available for them.

In short, go the extra mike and take a course of action we've been reluctant to do.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 06:18:26 PM »

"It's an interesting post Jack and a good example. I mean, it's probably a bit annoying for them to be propositioned but you don't ask you don't get. I'd like to think we'll do more than just give them a sponsorship leaflet.

We'd need to talk to them and really ask them on board, offer up a place on the board in fact, or make some shares available for them.

In short, go the extra mike and take a course of action we've been reluctant to do."

Good points, Ballers,  However,  I disagree about "asking" people to join the board, whoever the are, they need to demonstrate that they would have the skills which we are short of and due diligence needs to be carried out.  the Club's governance is very important, we do not want any mistakes as happened in the historic past.  Perhaps more of an invitation to get involved in a more consultancy capacity and see how that develops?  Ideas from people who "can do" and "will do" not just empty promises is what we need, people to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.

And while I am on it, there ae some blinking good ideas on here  ;D

bumble

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 06:53:39 PM »

How about asking the Two CEO's of two of manchesters most successful business (one who is the global leading company in their field) if they want to join us?

Both are playing at Mods Lane this afternoon

A golden opportunity. SURELY the board must be alive to the possibilities here.

Guests will be given sponsorship packages information

It's an interesting post Jack and a good example. I mean, it's probably a bit annoying for them to be propositioned but you don't ask you don't get. I'd like to think we'll do more than just give them a sponsorship leaflet.

In short, go the extra mike and take a course of action we've been reluctant to do.

I don't think it's the way to go either. I was just noting the club have made some effort there.

My company (the one I work for) just secured a 2nd round investment of 50 mil for 75% share in the business

What created this? A portfolio showcasing just what we do, how we do, our ethos and philosophy. It sold the journey were undergoing as a brand and the investors have bought in to what we are trying to do. In fact, I joined just prior to the investment and was sold into the same journey.

Social Chain Ceo who played today was sleeping on a fellow employees sofa 2 years ago, now has 3 offices across the globe and turns over 50 mil.

We need to approach individuals like him and give the opportunity to mold us and grow us in similar fashion. Sell him out vision

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2016, 09:36:03 PM »

"It's an interesting post Jack and a good example. I mean, it's probably a bit annoying for them to be propositioned but you don't ask you don't get. I'd like to think we'll do more than just give them a sponsorship leaflet.

In short, go the extra mike and take a course of action we've been reluctant to do."

Good points, Ballers,  However,  I disagree about "asking" people to join the board, whoever the are, they need to demonstrate that they would have the skills which we are short of and due diligence needs to be carried out.  the Club's governance is very important, we do not want any mistakes as happened in the historic past.  Perhaps more of an invitation to get involved in a more consultancy capacity and see how that develops?  Ideas from people who "can do" and "will do" not just empty promises is what we need, people to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.

And while I am on it, there ae some blinking good ideas on here  ;D

Yeh, I didn't necessarily mean just like that. I meant that like Jack has said, show them a bit of vision and ambition and how they can help us. The millionaires aren't going to come just by chance.

I'm probably not giving the board credit in that they don't meet these people just that they need to be able to offer something. I think there's 100,000 shares or so, you could give them 10,000 in return for investment in the club and still be in control.

Maybe in the past our ethos hasn't leant itself to courting individuals. Eg we don't think going full time is the way to go = well, ok, you don't need my money or time to stay part time then.

But saying we want to become manchesters football league club, building on our giant killing brand, having the south manchester catchment area, being a real community club as well. All these things would get people interested.

Something would have to give though...
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solution