News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We need a sizeable gate tomorrow

Author Topic: We need a sizeable gate tomorrow  (Read 1558 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 14, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »

As george mentions in the other,the loss of of so many key games must have put a strain on cashflow etc.Tomorrow is a massive game and a game in similar circumstances against farsley 2 years ago attracted a crowd of over 1100.If they are on half term,then bring the kids,and also tweet,facebook,and whatever else the importance of tomorrows game to people you know.Pursuade the floaters and supporters of other teams at a loose end to come along and shout for the lads.apathy will see us relegated

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: We need a sizeable gate tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »

Random question but I am in Redditch on a training course and the train annoyingly takes around 3hrs as I have to change (despite Redditch being nearer to Alty than Rugby and that takes half the time!!). Is there anyone going from in or around that area, or from somewhere I can meet them ?. I finish my training at 5.00 and am next to Redditch \ bus Train station

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »

The game I was thinking of was on the 20th Feb and we were fourth bottom in the table and got a gate of 1154 against fellow strugglers Farsley.So pretty muxh indentical circumstances Why is it that we can only expect half that figure tomorrow? Farsley bought no one either. If you can get there, even from distance,then do all you can to get down. Games like tomorrow night are where our future will be decided, the apathy this season is very disappointing.We had a dreadful start and shouldnt even be in a position to be able to haul ourselves to safety,but we have every chance. If we want to see our sqaud strengthened, then funds must come from somewhere, and gates of 550 people arent going to do that.We have just over 24 hours to get as many people as possible down to tomorrow nights fixture.Spread the news, make your travel plans, get hold of a babysitter, and ALL double our eforts to get people along tomorrow night.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »

We may get a few more tomorrow with kids who may be allowed to come due to no school the next day.

So get the £2 for u12's in your messages.

I'll update the club twitter as soon as I get home.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:34:17 PM »

Well said Hughesy, unfortunately apathy and relegation go hand in hand. Every penny is needed to give Kenny and Bimmo the best possible chance - it can be done, but not if people stay at home.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team