PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blog post, pics and footage from Trafford
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blog post, pics and footage from Trafford  (Read 3124 times)

Kirky2004

« on: September 30, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »

I guess that you guys may not want to read much more about the match but, if you do, here's my blogger's view of the occasion. Always had a soft spot for Alty since being a UMIST student living in Chorlton in the eighties. Better luck for the rest of the season.

http://bit.ly/18kfGBX

Paul.

markecky

Re: Blog post, pics and footage from Trafford
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »

That's a good article and pictures.  Thanks for sharing it.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:42:45 PM »

Good piece and can't argue with your summary of the game!Also thanks for the comments on our support and Densmore's chat with the fans at Ft. Always good to get a non partisan view and one who will publish at that!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »

Isn't that Leon's father pictured sitting on those green seats?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 05:35:16 PM »

Perhaps ATS and his policeman 'friend' should read that blog.

"I usually side with the underdog but, equally, have had a soft spot for the visitors ever since I watched them in my student days, a feeling that had been rekindled by the warmth of their support. In the end, I joined the away fans to watch the last quarter"

Also regarding the Densmore 'incident' at the end:

"at the end, the Alty skipper came over to the visiting fans to respond to claims about lack of passion. No need for post-match interviews here. You can ask the questions immediately, face to face."

No mention of the abuse of Densmore and his family alleged by PC-PC. Also, the accompanying photo of said event shows quite clearly some of the people from the now disappeared thread who disputed his version of events as being very close to the event.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »

Nice article....glad you enjoyed the day, hopefully you will come again and this time nail your colours firmly to alty's mast!

although the controversial picture of ugly scenes involving shaun densmore receving verbal abuse about his family from clearly violent alty fans was unnecessarily provocative;

ripleym

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 06:22:20 PM »

I don't know, looks like Jolly is using his Random Vitriol app again...

Robins Retweet

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 06:38:55 PM »

Nice article....glad you enjoyed the day, hopefully you will come again and this time nail your colours firmly to alty's mast!

although the controversial picture of ugly scenes involving shaun densmore receving verbal abuse about his family from clearly violent alty fans was unnecessarily provocative;

thats quite an upsetting picture :-[

mossleysmiffy

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »

Err ...why ??

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »

Err ...why ??

Look at the supporters faces. The fact that Densmore had to come over and attempt to justify that woeful display is bad enough in itself. The looks of disappointment, disbelief and downright upset from people that have been following the team home and away for years and years says it all.

I've still not got over it. I felt worse on Saturday than I did after Eastbourne.  The players owe it to us now. Big time. A lot of time, money and effort goes into travelling to games home and away. The fact that the players couldn't be arsed to get themselves  up for a local derby where their own fans outnumber the home team 3 to 1 and then the captain has to apologise for it at the end is a diabolical state of affairs. Absolutely attrocious.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 08:59:49 PM »

Didn't he cone over and have a word after we lost at FC Utd?

Which lead to me thinking apart from last season have we fallen at the first hurdle in 3 of the last 4 years?
Full time and proud of it

JDN

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 09:04:54 PM »

looks like he more interested in taking photos, to show to his friends in the fun bus back to Alty

bumble

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 09:13:10 PM »

looks like he more interested in taking photos, to show to his friends in the fun bus back to Alty

I expected a Rob Scott style rant.

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 09:32:52 PM »

Cheers Kirky2004.  The photo of Mr. Bilston is the best thing I've seen for a long long time.

Mickleover S / Corby Town away for Trafford next, good luck to them.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 09:36:34 PM »

goose green reds at it again
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team