PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fan zone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Fan zone.  (Read 8095 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fan zone.
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2022, 06:10:06 PM »

Just for the record, on the stroke of half time, I have been positionig myself by the memorial wall on the stroke of half time and making a dash for the CSH the moment the half time whistle blows. Mostly, I have just about managed to get served and finish my drink for the start of the second half. I did a similar thing with the fan zone at the Oldham match on an admittedly busy night and missed a minute or two of the first half, with a shorter queue than I had been standing in all those times in the CSH. Still, hopefully things will improve. That has to be the aim - to get as many people as possible served at ht without missing game time. And indeed ultimately to help overturn this fatuous alcohol ban in view of the pitch at all NL games and preferably some FL games.  After all we don't have this requirement in other sports, or for that matter in NLN games such as Darlington vs. York, to the best of my knowledge. Alcohol watching sport for all, and if some spectators are a problem, punish them not the decent majority!

Lager shampoo, anyone?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/08/violence-and-lager-shampoos-could-follow-if-football-fans-drink-in-stands-mps-told

I can see the logic in drawing the line where it currently is; some teams at this level fill entire grandstands and it would be absolute carnage with all the young lads that follow these clubs around - it's just rubbish for those of us that know it would never be an issue at Moss Lane.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fan zone.