PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Millwall result...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Millwall result...  (Read 7254 times)

Butty

Re: Millwall result...
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 01:04:17 PM »

i think that we may be building things up a little too much on here. Yes its the fa cup, and yes we do have a proud record against league teams, but i think its time we woke up. I'm not trying to be pessimistic here but we probably wont win, although we will give it our best shot. Personally, i would like an exciting draw and a televised replay which we also hold out (although i wouldent be dissapointed if we get battered) and then win a penalty shootout with stu bein a hero. Or maybe we should just all get down to moss lane and shout till our voices go

Dougals Dad

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 01:12:52 PM »

Daycare Dan

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 03:44:09 PM »

Dare I point out that Alty's 1979 team was rather better than the 2007 version?

Shall we even bother with the game then? We'll just let Millwall into the next round as we have no belief in our side shall we?!!? FFS!!!

I'm beginning to feel like Fox Mulder; I believe we can get something out of the game, and I really hope the players feel the same way, even if some of the fans don't.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 03:48:45 PM by Daycare Dan »

Hamilton

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 04:26:46 PM »

Shall we even bother with the game then? We'll just let Millwall into the next round as we have no belief in our side shall we?!!? FFS!!!

I'm beginning to feel like Fox Mulder; I believe we can get something out of the game, and I really hope the players feel the same way, even if some of the fans don't.

Well said Dan!

Consequently, congrats on your century of Goodwins!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 08:50:11 PM »

Not sure where I said that I didn't have any hope/belief that Alty could beat Millwall.

I was merely pointing out that back in 1979 we had a far better team and, in those halcyon days of the late 1970s and early 1980s, yes, we did genuinely believe that we could give any team a game, even Liverpool!

Yes, of course, it is possible that we could beat Millwall but our current home form of seven defeats in nine games is hardly confidence-building for a potential upset.

Whatever, I shall be there on Saturday.     

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

louise1925

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »

I love your optimism Daycare Dan. I genuinely think we all feel a little bit of it. However, it is highly unlikely that we will get a result from this one. The irony is, it will be the first time this season that I'll be able to watch the game without worrying and stressing too much about the result. I'll settle for a great team effort where we take the game to Millwall and make them work hard with lots of positive comments on Match of the Day. That will do Alty no harm whatsoever. And a draw, well that'd just be...

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 09:03:57 PM »

We have done it before and we can do it again! Every player needs to be on top of  their game and well up for it, the likes of Coburn, Lawton, Little, Own,Potts can all play massive roles if fit.......

Were on the march with Heathcotes army!  ;D

Alty_FC

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 11:24:36 AM »

i think we need to forget about them being a championship side ! cup games are always  different games !  i think we might just sneak a win !

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 11:29:18 AM »

i think we need to forget about them being a championship side ! cup games are always  different games !  i think we might just sneak a win !

got to be a wind up ! ;D

Millwall_Sam

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 12:16:14 PM »

Hi guys and girls

Looking forward to the trip up next week should be a decent game. We have Swansea at home tomorrow night and depending on that result and if we get a new manager in I really do feel we will lose next week.

We have a very thin squad with 5 players on loan which I guess most of their clubs wont allow them to play so that means we will have to play a reserve type of side.

Still it wont stop me making the trip and I know many other who will also be going.

See you there.

Alex

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 12:19:15 PM »

that makes us even then as we are down to a bare squad and of our loan players, one isn't allowed to play and the other took a nasty looking knock on saturday and i don't know if he will play

teasybeaver

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 01:03:11 PM »

Shouldnt we save being realistic for league games you miserable sods!

Come on lads its the FA cup, of course on paper we'll get beat, but who would buy a ticket to watch their local team get panned by Millwall, they aren't that big a draw! The excitement and the dreaming is that we have a chance and it only takes a chance to succeed! Thats why people come out of the woodwork because they think we have a chance, they want to part of something that will be great.

We're in a lottery, when you buy a ticket you think about the jackpot. If you just want to dampen everything by harping on about how bad we are then you're really missing the whole point of all this.

After Millwall its back to reality and then we can go back to miserable, for now it would be nice to dream for a week!

thegazelle

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »

I didnt get where i am today by going into a match thinking we would get beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is treason to consider we will get beaten by a league club, you all have to believe and it will happen.

you have to believe it.......you have to dream it......... you have to picture the scenes on the pitch and  in the golfroad when the final whistle goes and we have won..  you have to think about who we will get in the second and third rounds. but most of all you have think we can and that has to pass on to the players when they walk out on saturday they have to be be confident to the stage that they are almost cocky.

When we wlked out at anfield and white hart lane etc etc do you honstly think anyone of those players thought the oppsosition was better than they were

So come on now get behind the lads and BELIEVE

baldrick

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 02:57:34 PM »

Anything can happen in a cup game, thats what makes the F.A Cup such a great competition.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 02:57:57 PM »

A little omen for you:

Back in 1992 we were near the bottom of the Conference wthout a single home league victory and looking pretty woeful. Along came Chester from Division 2 (now League 1) who we outbattled and dumped out of the cup at Moss Lane.

It's the FA Cup and form is meaningless.
Plus Chester didn't have a manager until they appointed caretaker-manager Graham Barrow on the eve of the first cup tie. Chester went on to concede 102 goals in the league and got relegated, but they got promoted the season after. Could the same thing happen to Millwall? I hope so. Hopefully Alty will do the job in the first game. I want to go to Farsley on the 20th and get 3 points.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 03:06:30 PM by Cestrian Alty »
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Millwall result...