PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley Town deducted six points?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Crawley Town deducted six points?  (Read 7134 times)

Altyant

Re: Crawley Town deducted six points?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 10:48:29 PM »

However as this says 'eligible' you'd be led to think that the signings have gone through but the elague is putting its foot down (finally) and not letting them play even though they have been signed. Either way...
As "Foz" says, I think the word eligible tells us that they werent allowed to sign players due to their ongoing CVA and financial problems, however crawley found a loophole in the rules ad signed players on pre contracts, which technically didnt breeak any rules, despite being farcical, but now the FA have obviously decided, now its time to prevent teams using loop holes and dodging sanctions etc, so they have said, these players you signed on pre contract are now ineligible: basically due to the fa clamping down and re looking at the situation

IN SUMMARY I THINK THEY WILL HAVE PROBLEMS ON SATURDAY,
 Do you play ineligible players risking further sanctions or what??!?!?!?!?????????!

Are they not able to use youth/ressie team players?

altyf

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 10:50:20 PM »

yeh i assume you can, but crawley being the cheating scoundrels that they are, i just cant see it, and im sure, with stevenage being a big game and theyll be a load of stevenage fans and like a half-derby, they will try and find a way to cheat the system

Altysmiffy

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 11:29:24 PM »

For the sake of justice I hope the book is thrown at Crawley.

God knows what their fans are going through, however. I hope they can get a legitimate  team again to support again soon.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 11:34:44 PM »

Right, a pre contract, it's an agreement you sign. It's not actually signign for anyone, i.e. registering with them.

Basically it is a piece of paper which says 'When we (Crawley) have our transfer embargo lifted we will give you a contract and a wage/sum of money' -

otherwise these players wouldn't turn up and train with them "so when this cva thing gets paid youre going to sign me and give me some money right?"

"Yeh sure"

"Er, can I have that in writing?"

The last bit is the important one.

Now the embargo has been in place since halfway through last season. Therefore Crawley are only allowed to play players who were registered with them last season i.e. they can play Scully but not Madjo. They only have 5 players left from last seasons squad. I think they're going to have to find the remaining £18k for the cva pretty sharpish.

The £100k bond is the interesting bit, they want it as a guarantee they'll complete the season. WHat happens if this ain't forthcoming?

Altysmiffy

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 11:39:50 PM »

Who would they have played in friendlies? Would they have been able to play these pre contract players?

One way or another I am  sure thay will get a team together - but a losing one I am sure.

Bath Alty

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 12:08:56 AM »

If you play an ineligible player you loose the points won in that match  - say 3 points

Presumabley the punishment for an ineligible player doesn't depend on anything - rules is rules and all that.

If you play an ineligible player 3 point penalty, even if you've already been done for three points for the other ineligible player in the same game.

Crawley seem to need 6 such players and so will either a) throw the game or b) get hit with massive penalties for every point they earn.

Clearly a farcical situation but what's new there?

Butty

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 11:14:22 AM »

Crawley seem to need 6 such players and so will either a) throw the game or b) get hit with massive penalties for every point they earn.

i hope its b so we can have a laugh (as if it isnt funny enough already) at the huge minus figure of points they end up on

teasybeaver

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 12:06:42 PM »

I'd love to see the bemused setanta coverage of 5 crawley players getting mauled by Stevenage in a cricket score encounter!!

These are the darkest days for the fans, but i get the impression most of them turned their backs last season!

Alty365

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »

We are now seeing first hand evidence of why this should have been resolved conclusively at the AGM. By that time, Crawley's owners had already demonstrated their total lack of integrity on numerous occasions and for this to still be going on as we approach the kick off of the new season is an absolute disgrace! How many false promises do they have to make before the league decides enough is enough?

Crawley's supporters deserve better, as do the rest of the clubs in this league who are trying to run their affairs properly.

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 12:32:01 PM »

Crawley supporters do deserve better, but I cant help thinking that for two games at least we wont be bottom of the league.

I always like to look on the brightside.

Come on Alty - 3 points on Saturday PLEASE  ;D

DarrenH

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 01:29:03 PM »

Its an interesting point about the 100k bond.
If they haven't come up with it so far what are the chances of them coming up with it before saturday.
Also its taken them months to make the final CVA payments.
Reckon the Crawley board should pool all their resources and by a rook of lottery tickets for tonights draw.
Maybe the only chance they will have.
But then again which one of the reliable characters would you trust to keep hold of the tickets !!

cakeburner

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 01:37:50 PM »

Firstly we can't use what we haven't got, ie we haven't got a reserve team nor youth team, they were shelved before last season to er save money ...............

Re the bond, obviously i stand to be corrected, but i'd read somewhere that it doesn't have to be paid until Xmas.

Lastly, who have you lot got on Saturday, i might be looking for a new team shortly ! If i don't take up the option of going to see Marine .............

teasybeaver

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 02:38:12 PM »

Your f**ked mate.

bighairedmike

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 03:07:33 PM »

Firstly we can't use what we haven't got, ie we haven't got a reserve team nor youth team, they were shelved before last season to er save money ...............

Re the bond, obviously i stand to be corrected, but i'd read somewhere that it doesn't have to be paid until Xmas.

Lastly, who have you lot got on Saturday, i might be looking for a new team shortly ! If i don't take up the option of going to see Marine .............

Exeter. Don't go to marine, the stewards are evil!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 03:55:49 PM »

no no the stewards are perfectly nice people but when you scream scouse bastard at the top of your voice people do tend to get arsey,
i fink having your brain that near to your arse  is turning it to sh*t mate
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley Town deducted six points?