PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northern Premier League
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Northern Premier League  (Read 12803 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Northern Premier League
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 09:57:55 PM »

I'd definitely keep

Densmore (with a full pre season)
Cyrus
Richman
Taylor
Miller
Clee
Reeves - don't believe he's become a bad player over night.perfect opportunity next season to reignite himself

Jury is out on Brownhill,Deasy, Owens, Hannigan Moult, Evans, Lawrie, Lynch, McWilliams and Gary Jones although I'd be tempted to put Moult in the Reeves category.

Heathcote is a strange one as he's still developing. I think it's probably worth keeping him to see how he adapts to the evostik personally

would you keep Jones as well ? I think he could do a job

Reeves would not stay at present.  He is not starting now in a team in a sh*t leauge that we are bottom of
ParkINson's red and white army

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 10:08:24 PM »

I'd definitely keep

Densmore (with a full pre season)
Cyrus
Richman
Taylor
Miller
Clee
Reeves - don't believe he's become a bad player over night.perfect opportunity next season to reignite himself

Jury is out on Brownhill,Deasy, Owens, Hannigan Moult, Evans, Lawrie, Lynch, McWilliams and Gary Jones although I'd be tempted to put Moult in the Reeves category.

Heathcote is a strange one as he's still developing. I think it's probably worth keeping him to see how he adapts to the evostik personally

Arent Deasey and Hannigan on contract for next season? agree with most but not sure on Cyrus and think Reeves will go

You might be right there. I think Cyrus has put in some good performances recently, he's got enough in there to be effective especially in the league below but seems like he might be one of those that needs a calmer head alongside him.

I like Gary Jones and would probably try to retain him as well even though he's 39 but it depends on southport for that one with them looking likely for the drop. I'd be the same with Newby but doubt Barrow would let him go to an evo stik club

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 10:15:59 PM »

Actually thinking about it I'd keep Owens but tell him he's playing at left back, where he played when he was on loan to us a few years back. We need to have a team of giants next season so put him there and also find out when Tom Marshall is free and get him back.

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 10:16:06 PM »

Jones is technically not ours to keep. If Southport get relegated  (which looks increasingly likely) they may well want him back.

When we first got him on loan I said on here I'd love him as a player coach next season. I still think there's merit in that if he's available.

I'd have no hesitation in releasing Reeves. We were privileged to have the best years of his career. It doesn't mean we have to suffer with him in his decline.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 10:21:08 PM »

Jones is technically not ours to keep. If Southport get relegated  (which looks increasingly likely) they may well want him back.

When we first got him on loan I said on here I'd love him as a player coach next season. I still think there's merit in that if he's available.

I'd have no hesitation in releasing Reeves. We were privileged to have the best years of his career. It doesn't mean we have to suffer with him in his decline.
I forgot he was on loan

Reeves is only 31 and in my opinion will play at a higher level than we will be at next season and bag at least 15 with proper service

There is no doubt he has not been himself this season

But let's be honest the whole team has been a joke we are bottom and deservedly so

Imagine being in the dressing room week in week out and players coming in who can't even communicate lasting 15 minutes on the pitch

Destroy any ones confidence that

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 10:46:00 PM »

There was a North East newspaper interview with Alun Armstrong (Blyth manager and ex-Stockport player) linked on the County forum a couple of weeks ago and he was saying how hard a league it is. He even went as far as to say it was too tough a league for the Under 23's from Middlesbrough (where he was/is involved with) to play in. From what he said, if we've still got any semblance of this squad and management team in place next season, I fear we will be following in Droylsden and Hyde's footsteps and dropping right through.

We beat Champions-elect Blyth (with a squad even weaker than our usual weekly trash), and we looked relatively comfortable despite an early scare (and don't tell me otherwise) against promotion-chasing Matlock.

If we clear the decks and use another 50 players, we'll drop straight through as you say.

FFS HAS NOBODY LEARNED A THING FROM THIS SEASON?!

Depends which players stay and go. Either way we're going to need to get rid of half of this lot either this summer or the next unless something drastic changes.

It wasnt because we have used 50 players we've been crap this season its because 40 of them are dog sh1t signed by dog sh1t management.

Out of interest which ten are not sh1t?

This could be the alternative Player of the Year - the least sh*te.

Well, a couple aren't dog sh1t and a few were with us already :)

The young lad Taylor seems to be a great hope for next season.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 10:54:51 PM »

There was a North East newspaper interview with Alun Armstrong (Blyth manager and ex-Stockport player) linked on the County forum a couple of weeks ago and he was saying how hard a league it is. He even went as far as to say it was too tough a league for the Under 23's from Middlesbrough (where he was/is involved with) to play in. From what he said, if we've still got any semblance of this squad and management team in place next season, I fear we will be following in Droylsden and Hyde's footsteps and dropping right through.

We beat Champions-elect Blyth (with a squad even weaker than our usual weekly trash), and we looked relatively comfortable despite an early scare (and don't tell me otherwise) against promotion-chasing Matlock.

If we clear the decks and use another 50 players, we'll drop straight through as you say.

Depends which players stay and go. Either way we're going to need to get rid of half of this lot either this summer or the next unless something drastic changes.

It wasnt because we have used 50 players we've been crap this season its because 40 of them are dog sh1t signed by dog sh1t management.

Bernard taylor?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 11:35:53 PM »

Bernard taylor?

Yes, he'll be getting his subs on in better fashion than the current encumbrance
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:37:48 PM by L'Homme du Sport »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 06:42:59 AM »

For a number of reasons Gary Jones will not return to Southport. Whether he stays with us or not will depend on what sort of coaching roles he is offered between now and the start of next season.

I reckon Reeves will probably end up back at Farsley (either in our league or the one below). I wish the man well, especially after all he's done for us.

As much as I'd love Densmore to stay, the fella hasn't played properly for ages and ages and I doubt we can afford to carry him any longer unfortunately.

The current management don't seem to value either Patterson or McWilliams, so I can't see either of them staying. Goodall will obviously go.

It's difficult to say given the amount of injuries we've had and I don't know the situation with players like Hobson and Richman (who I'd like to stay) but I think most of the rest will be offered something to stay, if they want to.

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 08:49:32 AM »

I'd keep Richman but I'm afraid he'll get better offers from elsewhere. Hobson, once he's fit, could be an asset at the lower level.....I'd certainly prefer him to Owens.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 09:43:29 AM »

I think both Hobson and Owens would do well in the league below. But, what's the state of play regarding Hobson's injury? How many injury-prone players can we take into the Evostik?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 10:44:14 AM »

I've never known two consecutive seasons where we have suffered so much from injuries. It can only go down to poor recruitment. These players surely dont become crocked as soon as they arrive at Alty, if they do have we looked at our playing/training surfaces?

Unfortunately even if we had been able to play every player on the books at the time in every game this season we'd probably still be in the bottom three. Last season though, who knows.

Hopefully this is being reviewed and our new stats approach should be looking at it closely.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 12:31:09 PM »

A goalkeeper and two strikers are the top priority for the summer. If we stick with Deasey in goal and Owens, Hobson and Evans then I would say we have more chance of being relegated than promoted. We don't carry any threat up front at all, and dropping down a league wont change that.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 12:55:34 PM »

Hopefully an on-form Simon Richman will stay..........he lives local and I believe he has commenced 'real work' after obtaining his engineering degree 
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 04:06:24 PM »

If he's a "proper" engineer I would be surprised if his employer allowed him to have random days off to travel.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northern Premier League