PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northern Premier League
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Northern Premier League  (Read 12805 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Northern Premier League
« on: March 06, 2017, 10:41:35 AM »

Depressing as it is, I've cast an eye over next seasons opponents. Fascinating playoff race in the premier division. Blyth will be champions but 2nd to 12th are covered by just ten points with teams climbing and dropping several places with each round of games. Joining Blyth will be one of

Stourbridge
Nantwich
Buxton
Spennymoor
Grantham
Matlock
Warrington
Whitby
Workington
Hednesford
Rushall Olympic

At the bottom skelmersdale and Ilkeston look to be gone and also exiting will two of

Halesowen
Frickley
Marine
Corby
Sutton Coldfield

With Sutton Coldfield looking pretty likely to occupy one of those places.

Definite opponents seem unless a great turn around in form either way

Barwell
Ashton United
Stafford Rangers
Mickleover Sports
Coalville Town

Coming up from the north and southern leagues are as follows

Northern

Lancaster City are six points clear but second placed Farsley Celtic have 3 games in hand (and a very usuful squad full of ex guiseley and Harrogate players)

Trafford look odds on for a playoff place joined in the playoffs by two of

Osset Town
Colne
Glossop north end
Clitheroe
Brighouse

In the south shaw lane are top but being chased down by witton Albion, one or the other will win the league joined in the play offs by thee from

Spalding united
Newcastle Town
Leek Town
Rushden & Diamonds

The Others have played too many games now, witton travel to rushden on Tuesday

taxi Phil

Re: Northern Premier League
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:38:19 PM »

Cheers Pete....saved me a job I was going to tackle in the next week or so !

You realise, of course, that if Witton and Trafford make it, we won't be able to play them pre season.And I don't see many League clubs falling over themselves to send a squad either. We can always go to 1874 or entertain 1883 ( and hope neither number matches our goal difference for next season )

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »

Monday's are depressing enough without having to read this.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 02:56:55 PM »

A dose of reality sadly mate, we can't pretend it's not the case anymore. We were gone at Alfreton for me, it's a matter of sooner the better for me.This is the longest preseason in history. I'd have them back in at the end of May and have them fit for the start of the season. If they need to dip out for holiday for a week or too so be it, but get the ball rolling in May. The sooner the next season under way the better.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 04:50:23 PM »

A dose of reality sadly mate, we can't pretend it's not the case anymore. We were gone at Alfreton for me, it's a matter of sooner the better for me.This is the longest preseason in history. I'd have them back in at the end of May and have them fit for the start of the season. If they need to dip out for holiday for a week or too so be it, but get the ball rolling in May. The sooner the next season under way the better.

There's precious few of them I'd want back in at any stage in the proceedings !

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »

There was a North East newspaper interview with Alun Armstrong (Blyth manager and ex-Stockport player) linked on the County forum a couple of weeks ago and he was saying how hard a league it is. He even went as far as to say it was too tough a league for the Under 23's from Middlesbrough (where he was/is involved with) to play in. From what he said, if we've still got any semblance of this squad and management team in place next season, I fear we will be following in Droylsden and Hyde's footsteps and dropping right through.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 05:30:44 PM »

There was a North East newspaper interview with Alun Armstrong (Blyth manager and ex-Stockport player) linked on the County forum a couple of weeks ago and he was saying how hard a league it is. He even went as far as to say it was too tough a league for the Under 23's from Middlesbrough (where he was/is involved with) to play in. From what he said, if we've still got any semblance of this squad and management team in place next season, I fear we will be following in Droylsden and Hyde's footsteps and dropping right through.

We beat Champions-elect Blyth (with a squad even weaker than our usual weekly trash), and we looked relatively comfortable despite an early scare (and don't tell me otherwise) against promotion-chasing Matlock.

If we clear the decks and use another 50 players, we'll drop straight through as you say.

FFS HAS NOBODY LEARNED A THING FROM THIS SEASON?!

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 06:38:01 PM »

We beat Champions-elect Blyth (with a squad even weaker than our usual weekly trash), and we looked relatively comfortable despite an early scare (and don't tell me otherwise) against promotion-chasing Matlock.

If we clear the decks and use another 50 players, we'll drop straight through as you say.

Depends which players stay and go. Either way we're going to need to get rid of half of this lot either this summer or the next unless something drastic changes.

It wasnt because we have used 50 players we've been crap this season its because 40 of them are dog sh1t signed by dog sh1t management.

York Alty is back

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 08:30:06 PM »

Depends which players stay and go. Either way we're going to need to get rid of half of this lot either this summer or the next unless something drastic changes.

It wasnt because we have used 50 players we've been crap this season its because 40 of them are dog sh1t signed by dog sh1t management.

Out of interest which ten are not sh1t?

This could be the alternative Player of the Year - the least sh*te.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 08:39:22 PM »

It doesn't matter what division you are playing in some kind of consistency and stability is important.

We were better than Blythe and Buxton when we played them and we are better than then.

Only the support has got worse!

We could get worse if the backbone of the current squad aren't retained.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 09:00:28 PM »

I'd definitely keep

Densmore (with a full pre season)
Cyrus
Richman
Taylor
Miller
Clee
Reeves - don't believe he's become a bad player over night.perfect opportunity next season to reignite himself

Jury is out on Brownhill,Deasy, Owens, Hannigan Moult, Evans, Lawrie, Lynch, McWilliams and Gary Jones although I'd be tempted to put Moult in the Reeves category.

Heathcote is a strange one as he's still developing. I think it's probably worth keeping him to see how he adapts to the evostik personally

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 09:29:05 PM »

It doesn't matter what division you are playing in some kind of consistency and stability is important.

We were better than Blythe and Buxton when we played them and we are better than then.

Please tell me this isn't serious.
It's all my fault.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 09:37:11 PM »

I'd definitely keep

Densmore (with a full pre season)
Cyrus
Richman
Taylor
Miller
Clee
Reeves - don't believe he's become a bad player over night.perfect opportunity next season to reignite himself

Jury is out on Brownhill,Deasy, Owens, Hannigan Moult, Evans, Lawrie, Lynch, McWilliams and Gary Jones although I'd be tempted to put Moult in the Reeves category.

Heathcote is a strange one as he's still developing. I think it's probably worth keeping him to see how he adapts to the evostik personally

Arent Deasey and Hannigan on contract for next season? agree with most but not sure on Cyrus and think Reeves will go

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 09:54:50 PM »

Surely both Deasy and Hanigan should be encouraged to "mutually agree" to rip their contracts up. Unless there are major changes at the top (ie; the Board) then Heathcote will be signing his next two or three year contract anytime soon. Reeves has no chance of being here next season if the current management team remain in place.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 09:56:48 PM »

Please tell me this isn't serious.
of course it is . You can't blame the players can you . Shame on us supporters.  Shame
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northern Premier League