PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 KNOBSOCK OF THE SEASON AWARD 2010/1

Poll

Can Deano keep his title, or are there more qualified contenders ?

Dean Saunders
- 6 (14%)
Forest Green Rovers
- 6 (14%)
Tonyb
- 19 (44.2%)
Sam Hewson
- 0 (0%)
Other (please specify)
- 12 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: KNOBSOCK OF THE SEASON AWARD 2010/1  (Read 9153 times)

taxi Phil

« on: May 01, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »

Deano left it late to make his mark in defence of the award he so richly deserved last year. In the end, it was his rant about not having the funds to strengthen the squad just after the transfer window closed that got him in.

I considered Peake, Hockaday, and the four-eyed slaphead who passes as a trainer, then decided the whole shooting match is so classless it would be unfair to differentiate.

Tonyb (who can't even manage to use a capital letter to identify his surname) has to be the most puerile, witless, offensive tw*t to besmirch this forum for a long time.

Sam Hewson is included with great sadness. Those of us who went to "Meet the Manager" will remember Kenny's comment that he could see all the things that got him to where he was at United, but also all the things that resulted in his being released. We saw more of the latter than the former. It's not too late for him in theory, but he''ll need to buckle down this summer if he wants to rescue his career.

If anyone wants to nominate other candidates, a brief line of reason would be welcome !

Jacko

Re: KNOBSOCK OF THE SEASON AWARD 2010/1
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »

Tony b all the way!!!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 10:56:39 PM »

How in hell have you missed Steve Evans?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 11:39:36 PM »

My vote has to go to David Birch... Spoilt a few games for the folks on the popular side for too many seasons

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 11:42:17 PM »

Unfortunately I think Saunders and Evans have been very 'poor' this season and hence cannot be considered for the annual award.

My own favourites must be the Cod-head at Fleetwood and the usual suspects that are Ross Joyce & Fred West. Special mention must also go to the Conference Finance Unit who once again have allowed clubs to default on HMRC payments yet compete at the highest level  
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:43:39 PM »

How in hell have you missed Steve Evans?
I did consider him, and he's a perennial candidate, but in the end I decided this was one of his less odious seasons !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:44:03 PM »

Unfortunately I think Saunders and Evans have been very 'poor' this season and hence cannot be considered for the annual award.

My own favourites must be the Cod-head at Fleetwood and the usual suspects that are Ross Joyce & Fred West. Special mention must also go to the Conference Finance Unit who once again have allowed clubs to default on HMRC payments yet compete at the highest level  

Good post

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:48:25 PM »

My vote went to other....being certain Altrincham Football Club players who have let hundreds of people down big style (yes,I'm still hurting!!)
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 12:34:59 AM »

My vote went to other....being certain Altrincham Football Club players who have let hundreds of people down big style (yes,I'm still hurting!!)

I also elected to vote for Other.

However, I would narrow my nomination down to the combination of Michael Twiss and the individual who awarded him a two year contract.

That single act did more damage to this club than all the other nominees combined.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 12:35:41 AM »

Gunners 11? Or was he last season? Oh here we go someone's mentioned Gh I wonder how long it would take!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:40:54 AM by Jacko »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 12:45:21 AM »

Why wouldnt anyone mention him this post was invented for him. I cant believe he wasnt on the main list tbh.

Jacko

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 12:54:27 AM »

Yeah because it was his fault are best players did one to other clubs or retired, his signings, clee, reeves, joseph, densmore to name a few were all sh*t this season weren't they?  Every manager signs a duck egg and that was twiss, u should go in timperley cc where he drinks u 2 would get laughed out of there
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:58:04 AM by Jacko »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 12:57:14 AM »

and clubs have been rushing in to appoint him since September havent they? oh wait they havent

Jacko

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 12:59:49 AM »

and clubs have been rushing in to appoint him since September havent they? oh wait they havent
yeah because every teams goes looking for a new manager in Sept!! :)

The squad was too slow in pace to keep up with this league all over the pitch over the whole season and both Gh and km didn't have enough time or money to replace are main pace and threat senior there u go if u want the real reason why we went down there it is
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:09:18 AM by Jacko »

DJ

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 01:03:26 AM »

tonyb, he seems like he has made a bit of a name for himself on this forum!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team