PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Alfreton - Match Thread  (Read 25530 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alfreton - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2016, 08:07:35 PM »

salute all those that continue to spend thier hard money going away to  watch alty
Completely agree Wayne. Even home games are a struggle for motivation these days.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:09:24 PM by MadFrankie »
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »

salute all those that continue to spend thier hard money going away to  watch alty
Completely agree Wayne. Even home games are a struggle these days.
I really want to go to flyde away to go on the lash in Blackpool.  The only reason I will go is to see the lads. No other reason . How sad
ParkINson's red and white army

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2016, 08:11:33 PM »

They beat Boston 9-2 today. We'll probably win there.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2016, 08:14:39 PM »

They beat Boston 9-2 today. We'll probably win there.

The only guarantee I can give you is we will drink there 😆

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2016, 08:21:52 PM »

As one of the travelling fans today I can tell those who missed it that there was real anger at the end. It was undoubtedly the best performance of an abysmal season ...yet we walk away with feck all. Undone by schoolboy defending on 2 x long throws into the box, even Stevie Wonder could see the goals coming from the normal scramble in the box when they simply wanted it more.

The support are losing it big time with JH ....quite why he meddled with the formation and personnel towards the end when we had genuinely outplayed a poor side beggars belief. McWilliams had a sound game, no need for him to be subbed for No Legs Goodall. Reevesy had just missed an absolute sitter, so his reward was the hook in favour of Marsh...but at least this was a straight swap.

Lots of angry people and scenes at the end, a groundswell of ill feeling towards Mr Harvey. There had been some really good performances by Moult ( best game of the season by miles), Hannigan, Miller, McWilliams, Richman, Patterson. An absolute travesty of a result, we had more than enough chances to win this game. Willko through on keeper first half, sitter missed by Reevesy, Miller smacked the post, loads of shots blocked etc etc.

This was a much better formation until he changed it and messed about over complicating it...really gutting loss.

If you didn't go to today's game, this post sums it up 100% perfectly.

York Alty is back

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »

Went today. First up they were bobbins and we had the beating of them. The starting lineup was a s good as we can put out, we were better in most departments and looked fully committed to the cause.

We were solid in defence, not inspiring, but more than enough to manage their limited attacking threat.  For me there were two changes that gave them the game.  Obeng came on and looked lightweight, he gave them space, but putting Goodall on in place of, in my view, our Man of the Match, McWilliams, achieved jack all bar unsettling the defensive unit. A needless swap.

Three points on the hip, now we're really in the poo.

Frosty

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2016, 09:23:39 PM »

Resign rowley

roytonmike

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2016, 09:39:09 PM »

Got home half an hour ago and am angry. For the first time I am angry specifically with this management. We were winning the game - not as convincingly as might have been the case, but we were winning with seven minutes of normal time remaining - and the manager took off the left-back, who didn't look injured & hadn't played at all badly, replaced him with a player who hasn't featured since 3.10 p.m. on October 29th, isn't match fit, is slow even when he is fit, & is not a left-back. The system appeared to change to three at the back; the opposition no. 2, who had been a threat to a degree all afternoon, was allowed free rein, they got a couple more of the long throws that had been a menace all day, and we conceded two goals in 184 seconds, throwing away three points which were ours for the taking. The current team cannot switch systems at the drop of a hat - not many teams at this level can - and is not capable of sitting back and defending a lead at the best of times. All the hard work, energy, endeavour, commitment & show of pride in the shirt that had been forthcoming in the first 83 minutes was sacrificed by an indefensible tactical decision.
Reeves should have scored with his header - he was immediately substituted & his replacement provided no threat whatever to Alfreton, by the way - but that's as much the rub of the green as Miller hitting the post & Wilkinson scoring with a shot which took a big deflection. Obeng for Lawrie was in my view not an unreasonable substitution. I cannot, however, understand or justify the final change & I repeat that in my view it cost us the game. I feel like asking Mr. Harvey for a contribution towards my expenses since his decision screwed up my day, but that would be a pretty pointless exercise - as, sadly, going to Derbyshire has been today.

Frosty

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2016, 09:47:00 PM »

The man who brought him in needs to go, rowley out

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2016, 09:53:33 PM »

Got home half an hour ago and am angry. For the first time I am angry specifically with this management. We were winning the game - not as convincingly as might have been the case, but we were winning with seven minutes of normal time remaining - and the manager took off the left-back, who didn't look injured & hadn't played at all badly, replaced him with a player who hasn't featured since 3.10 p.m. on October 29th, isn't match fit, is slow even when he is fit, & is not a left-back. The system appeared to change to three at the back; the opposition no. 2, who had been a threat to a degree all afternoon, was allowed free rein, they got a couple more of the long throws that had been a menace all day, and we conceded two goals in 184 seconds, throwing away three points which were ours for the taking. The current team cannot switch systems at the drop of a hat - not many teams at this level can - and is not capable of sitting back and defending a lead at the best of times. All the hard work, energy, endeavour, commitment & show of pride in the shirt that had been forthcoming in the first 83 minutes was sacrificed by an indefensible tactical decision.
Reeves should have scored with his header - he was immediately substituted & his replacement provided no threat whatever to Alfreton, by the way - but that's as much the rub of the green as Miller hitting the post & Wilkinson scoring with a shot which took a big deflection. Obeng for Lawrie was in my view not an unreasonable substitution. I cannot, however, understand or justify the final change & I repeat that in my view it cost us the game. I feel like asking Mr. Harvey for a contribution towards my expenses since his decision screwed up my day, but that would be a pretty pointless exercise - as, sadly, going to Derbyshire has been today.

What a fantastic post!!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2016, 10:14:51 PM »

Great posts but come on. How can you blame Graham  Rowley.. He appointed some one who almost rescued Halifax AND won the FA Trophy. YOU would have thought him a credible candidate.

I think we are about to make a break through. I don't expect it to be against Tamworth because they are flying too high but things are definitely on the change. It can't come soon enough. A couple of wins by Christmas will be a start.

York Alty is back

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2016, 10:17:10 PM »

Great posts but come on. How can you blame Graham  Rowley.. He appointed some one who almost rescued Halifax AND won the FA Trophy. YOU would have thought him a credible candidate.

I think we are about to make a break through. I don't expect it to be against Tamworth because they are flying too high but things are definitely on the change. It can't come soon enough. A couple of wins by Christmas will be a start.

If we can see beyond the final score there positives to take from today. Far more than V Salford.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »

Only a couple of wins by Christmas will see us relegated by March, things need to change either at managerial or board level or both. Either Jim hasn't got enough money or he has and he is unable to spend it wisely.

I like Jim Harvey but he hasnt become a bad manger overnight, if we get relegated as is highly likely, the Board must take responsibility.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2016, 10:33:03 PM »

I try to avoid all the finger pointing as largely it's pointless

However let's be really clear on a few points

Jim was the forums first choice (and mine)

However I will remind us all again. He was handed a pile of sh*te most managers would not have even had the balls to try and sort

Do I blame the chairman for the loss today .. no

Do I think Jim's appointment was correct .. yes

However this Club was placed at a significant disadvantage by bringing in a manager who 6 months prior left football to never return after nearly destroying stockport . He should never have been hired

Also the decision to not bring in someone to save us from the drop last season was unforgiveable .

So I don't blame the people who appointed Jim . But I do hold them fully accountable for sending us down then putting us right up against it before a ball was kicked this season

And I'm sorry but if you disagree you are wearing some amazing rose tinted glasses and I would like to borrow them please

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2016, 10:35:13 PM »

Well said Wayno
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton - Match Thread