PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Alfreton - Match Thread  (Read 25524 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alfreton - Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2016, 05:20:28 PM »

Would have made such a difference even getting a point ,bpa should  get out of this , I think Nuneaton ,Gainsborough and Boston could end up in trouble

Pwill

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2016, 05:23:27 PM »

It's irrelevant who else gets out of it. We are putting in unacceptable performances on a weekly basis. I, for one, have better things to do than watch this dross every other week.  Starting from now.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2016, 05:30:39 PM »

That's not entirely fair. We were by far the better team today. Defeat was purely down to our manager's tactical naivety. Goodall for McWilliams ffs. I'm traditionally not a fan of Lawrie, but he did ok today and he's 10x the player of Obeng. I've not seen Marsh have a shot yet. Really angry tonight, because that was daylight robbery.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2016, 05:40:52 PM »

The torment just goes on and on......

Jim Harvey's record as Alty manager in his opening nine league fixtures:

Won: 1.

Drawn: 0.

Lost: 8.

Goals scored: 7.

Goals conceded: 23.

Points gained: 3 out of a possible total of 27.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

arnald

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2016, 06:56:50 PM »

Rowley out

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2016, 06:58:36 PM »

Oh dear....

View From The Dugout: "To get out of this hole we must learn to defend properly"

http://altrincham.today/2016/11/19/view-dugout-get-hole-must-learn-defend-properly/
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2016, 07:18:41 PM »

McWilliams wasn't injured.

I hope the question is asked in post match interview why he subbed for the biggest millstone signing young made.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2016, 07:28:16 PM »

I hope the question is asked in post match interview why he subbed for the biggest millstone signing young made.
Maybe he was saving the better players legs for the trophy ....
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2016, 07:31:38 PM »

The torment just goes on and on......

Jim Harvey's record as Alty manager in his opening nine league fixtures:

Won: 1.

Drawn: 0.

Lost: 8.

Goals scored: 7.

Goals conceded: 23.

Points gained: 3 out of a possible total of 27.

I'm not sure what we have done as fans to deserve this but the tragedy goes on

Questions must be asked about making substitutions.  We were on top by the sounds of it . Just see it out . Leave it be. We needed the win and the confidence . Truly awful and amatuer

taxi Phil

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2016, 07:49:25 PM »

What better players ?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2016, 07:50:40 PM »

What better players ?
good question.  The marginally better ones than the worse ones ... 😢😢😢😢

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2016, 07:52:48 PM »

As one of the travelling fans today I can tell those who missed it that there was real anger at the end. It was undoubtedly the best performance of an abysmal season ...yet we walk away with feck all. Undone by schoolboy defending on 2 x long throws into the box, even Stevie Wonder could see the goals coming from the normal scramble in the box when they simply wanted it more.

The support are losing it big time with JH ....quite why he meddled with the formation and personnel towards the end when we had genuinely outplayed a poor side beggars belief. McWilliams had a sound game, no need for him to be subbed for No Legs Goodall. Reevesy had just missed an absolute sitter, so his reward was the hook in favour of Marsh...but at least this was a straight swap.

Lots of angry people and scenes at the end, a groundswell of ill feeling towards Mr Harvey. There had been some really good performances by Moult ( best game of the season by miles), Hannigan, Miller, McWilliams, Richman, Patterson. An absolute travesty of a result, we had more than enough chances to win this game. Willko through on keeper first half, sitter missed by Reevesy, Miller smacked the post, loads of shots blocked etc etc.

This was a much better formation until he changed it and messed about over complicating it...really gutting loss.

taxi Phil

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2016, 07:53:01 PM »

We are now 9 points short of safety.....and we don't even HAVE 9 sodding points.

Someone once said on here that it wasn't the despair that was killing them, it was the hope.

It's just despair for me - I abandoned hope a month ago.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2016, 07:55:45 PM »

We are now 9 points short of safety.....and we don't even HAVE 9 sodding points.

Someone once said on here that it wasn't the despair that was killing them, it was the hope.

It's just despair for me - I abandoned hope a month ago.
it's 10 points when you factor goal difference in

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2016, 07:57:28 PM »

As one of the travelling fans today I can tell those who missed it that there was real anger at the end. It was undoubtedly the best performance of an abysmal season ...yet we walk away with feck all. Undone by schoolboy defending on 2 x long throws into the box, even Stevie Wonder could see the goals coming from the normal scramble in the box when they simply wanted it more.

The support are losing it big time with JH ....quite why he meddled with the formation and personnel towards the end when we had genuinely outplayed a poor side beggars belief. McWilliams had a sound game, no need for him to be subbed for No Legs Goodall. Reevesy had just missed an absolute sitter, so his reward was the hook in favour of Marsh...but at least this was a straight swap.

Lots of angry people and scenes at the end, a groundswell of ill feeling towards Mr Harvey. There had been some really good performances by Moult ( best game of the season by miles), Hannigan, Miller, McWilliams, Richman, Patterson. An absolute travesty of a result, we had more than enough chances to win this game. Willko through on keeper first half, sitter missed by Reevesy, Miller smacked the post, loads of shots blocked etc etc.

This was a much better formation until he changed it and messed about over complicating it...really gutting loss.
I salute all those that continue to spend thier hard money going away to  watch alty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alfreton - Match Thread