News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I can't believe we still debate this

Author Topic: I can't believe we still debate this  (Read 4081 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 21, 2016, 02:16:09 PM »

We need to keep as much of the nucleus of this squad together for next season as we possibly can, with minimal new faces.

Yes the rot has set in this season, but you've got to remember this team comfortably (in my opinion) saw off 6th-placed Matlock.

Clear the decks AGAIN and we're in trouble. For once, let's make our job as easy as possible. We all know these lads are good enough when given the correct instructions.

I can't believe we're having to discuss next season in November  :'(

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe we still debate this
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:43:10 PM »

We need to keep as much of the nucleus of this squad together for next season as we possibly can, with minimal new faces.

Yes the rot has set in this season, but you've got to remember this team comfortably (in my opinion) saw off 6th-placed Matlock.

Clear the decks AGAIN and we're in trouble. For once, let's make our job as easy as possible. We all know these lads are good enough when given the correct instructions.

Given our current run of results, they are either not being given the correct instructions (in which case, should we change the manager again?) or they're not as good as you think they are.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 03:06:42 PM »

The starting 11 on Saturday were very good. Look, I'd take relegation if we could get that starting 11 to sign up now. I just don't think many of them will opt to stay.

GB Alty

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 03:47:36 PM »

The starting 11 on Saturday were very good.Look, I'd take relegation if we could get that starting 11 to sign up now. I just don't think many of them will opt to stay.
Really?

GB Alty

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 03:49:41 PM »

Really?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 04:11:20 PM »

Really?

ARE YOU ACTUALLY BEING SERIOUS?

I take it you're aware of what we decided to do this Summer, and what has happened subsequently?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 04:32:59 PM »

I'd build around 5 or 6 of them but the rest just simply aren't good enough.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 04:33:42 PM »

The starting 11 on Saturday were very good.Look, I'd take relegation if we could get that starting 11 to sign up now. I just don't think many of them will opt to stay.
Really?

Agreed Tuna,really??

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 04:41:38 PM »

Have I missed something here, or did someone start a thread to say they cant believe we're still having threads on something?

The forums in meltdown.

I think we have 6 players to build around for the league below easy, will any of them stay though, i doubt it.

What I would rather is that we built around them to avoid relegation. Being written off before we've even had the shortest day of the year is making for a long depressing winter.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 07:20:50 PM »

Have I missed something here, or did someone start a thread to say they cant believe we're still having threads on something?

The forums in meltdown.

I think we have 6 players to build around for the league below easy, will any of them stay though, i doubt it.

What I would rather is that we built around them to avoid relegation. Being written off before we've even had the shortest day of the year is making for a long depressing winter.

The winter of MY discontent started in October. Which six players do you have in mind ?

Hannigan has to stay since he's on a two year contract. Moult would definitely be signed up by a higher rated club.

I'd keep Richman, Reeves (if he hasn't had enough by now), Miller, Wilkinson, and Densmore IF he's 100% fit by May (I sadly doubt this). I haven't seen McWilliams but he sounds worth keeping.

I still think Cyrus will turn into a decent player and a year in Evostik would probably be an investment.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 07:43:22 PM »

'Comfortably saw off 6th place Matlock'

What going behind deservedly before Reeves got us out of jail with a fine bit of individual skill crucially just before HT. Then after our two early goals we were largely outplayed for the rest of the game and if they hadn't missed that pen who knows what could have happened. It certainly was not comfortable on the day.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 07:58:19 PM »

Id be retaining Patterson
Full time and proud of it

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 08:43:02 PM »

I said 5 or 6 earlier but if they are all 100% fit and want to stay if/when we get relegated I'd build a squad around...

Deasy
Densmore
Patterson
McWilliams
Hannigan
Richman
Moult
Wilkinson
Miller
Reeves
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:44:51 PM by Spazzy Paddy »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 09:28:51 PM »

Deasy, Patterson, McWilliams, Hannigan, Cyrus, Moult, Richman, Lawrie, Miller, Wilkinson and Reeves - basically, Saturdays team minus the keeper. If you didn't go, we really DID play well, so MarpleAlty is correct to say avoid wholesale changes. If somehow, we could get the majority of that lot signing on for next season, we'd have half a chance irrespective of which league we are in. I just can't see Densmore ever returning.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team