PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 team and no denham
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: team and no denham  (Read 12336 times)

Alty365

Re: team and no denham
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2008, 05:00:16 PM »

If the gestures and statements are true however something needs to be addressed, by either GG or GR. Emotions can run high but dignity must prevail.

They won't do anything, they'll just pat him on the back and tell him he was right.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2008, 05:08:59 PM »

I was surprised at the level of feeling at Stevenage last week and defended Heathcote and the club as a whole as in my view Stevenage was a tough place to go to and I thought they were just so much better than us on the day and probably over the season. However from what I've read on here today plus our seeming difficulty in getting results against the very minor sides in this league I feel something needs to be done. I'm not 100% sure what but things are clearly not right just now. Where was Denham? Looking at the selection today I wonder how the team is picked.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Alty365

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2008, 05:11:04 PM »

I wonder how the team is picked.

If you're one of Heathcote's favourites you're in the team, simple as that!

He likes people who run round like headless chickens but have little or no skill.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2008, 05:30:38 PM »

Trying to be objective...if i went to work and got myself as wound up as graham i would hope that i would say that maybe a change is a good as anything and this isnt doing me any good from a stress point of view so i should step back and look elsewhere...i cant understand what he would get out of the job if he has to react they way he does when he's criticised ?(surely after 30 years he should know that football players / managers will cop some s**t from the crowd).....
There is normally a very vocal support for Graham on this board and after last week it was very noticeable with their abscense ....i think he has run out of support on the terraces whether that will be the same at board level .....who knows ...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2008, 05:32:11 PM »

Trying to be objective...if i went to work and got myself as wound up as graham i would hope that i would say that maybe a change is a good as anything and this isnt doing me any good from a stress point of view so i should step back and look elsewhere...i cant understand what he would get out of the job if he has to react they way he does when he's criticised ?(surely after 30 years he should know that football players / managers will cop some s**t from the crowd).....
There is normally a very vocal support for Graham on this board and after last week it was very noticeable with their abscense ....i think he has run out of support on the terraces whether that will be the same at board level .....who knows ...

the thing is more and more people will stop going even if the results pick up a bit

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »

Good post Aussie Bob, spot on.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

matty

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »

is denham going to be released ?

brian1925

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2008, 08:53:13 PM »

I imagine it depends on whether Heathcote goes first.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 team and no denham