PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SINNOTT MUST CHANGE THINGS NOW !!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: SINNOTT MUST CHANGE THINGS NOW !!  (Read 14496 times)

nipski123

« on: August 27, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »

5 Games 1 win and he's pretty much started with the same wot he thinks is is best starting line-up.
      I hope he learns from the premier and thats why the word squad comes to mind.

VofD

Re: SINNOTT MUST CHANGE THINGS NOW !!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »

After what I saw today, we do seem to be pretty CLUELESS  >:( >:( >:(

joe

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:53:27 PM »

Squad? We haven't got one!! We're mid table,deal with it!!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 11:52:22 PM »

Yes, I'm sure Joe Coombs, Matthew Fearon and Adam Reid will all be pushing for a place in the team on Monday. Tolson will also be starting up front.

::)
Come on Alty!

Toppers

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:54:21 AM »

what?? think of the bigger picture than looking at the stats

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »

"CLUELESS",what game was VofD watching,overall I thought we edged it as far as the better football that was played but not in the taking of chances created.Come on,lets give Hyde a bit of credit,they went into this game as league leaders and I thought that they played some good football in parts.We have to believe in ourselves a bit more,if we keep creating those chances sooner or later the tide will change but to say that we are embarrissing and clueless at this early stage is unbelievable.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 10:31:32 AM »

"CLUELESS",what game was VofD watching,overall I thought we edged it as far as the better football that was played but not in the taking of chances created.Come on,lets give Hyde a bit of credit,they went into this game as league leaders and I thought that they played some good football in parts.We have to believe in ourselves a bit more,if we keep creating those chances sooner or later the tide will change but to say that we are embarrissing and clueless at this early stage is unbelievable.

We need a bigger points return and it needs to start very soon but their was some good stuff played yesterday (from both teams).

It's far from doom and gloom for me, just frustrating that we aren't quite there yet in terms of converting decent play into goals.

Hyde are clearly playing on confidence as well, apart from 2 or 3 standout players the rest looked moderate.  Be interesting to see what happens when they lose one...

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »

I haven't been to any games but have listened in to Radio Robins and read what's written on the forum and my impression is that the team are playing an attacking style of football, mainly on the deck and it's not bad to watch. The frustration comes from not turning good play into goals and in conceding too many.
Yesterday's game seemed to be a case in point. Dominated the league leaders for much of the game on their patch but came away with nothing.

The season has hardly started. Mid-table and playing well is ok. It'll come.

mikealty

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »

I haven't been to any games but have listened in to Radio Robins and read what's written on the forum and my impression is that the team are playing an attacking style of football, mainly on the deck and it's not bad to watch. The frustration comes from not turning good play into goals and in conceding too many.
Yesterday's game seemed to be a case in point. Dominated the league leaders for much of the game on their patch but came away with nothing.

Exactly! All that is needed is a little patience.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 04:55:53 PM »

Exactly! All that is needed is a little patience.

Incredibly frustrating yesterday in that when we got it on the ground and passed it we looked more dangerous than them. However, as JL points out, our final cross / pass was very poor and we again squandered enough chances to have won the game. The fact that their keeper didn't have that many saves to make says more about our inability to convert good possession into attempts on goal than the overall performance.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 12:10:20 PM »

Can I just remind everyone that there is an obvious bias here as this is Brian Summerskill's dad (seriously)
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »

Can I just remind everyone that there is an obvious bias here as this is Brian Summerskill's dad (seriously)

:D

Why do players and those close to them sign-up and start doing it? I'm sure Peter Doran did it a while ago. Come on rnadomly and start talking about he was the best player at the club  ;D

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 02:53:09 PM »

I have to say that I think we're playing our best team from the start of each game (OK Lynch would be in my starting 11 and there's an argument for Mulholland to play more of a part), but to suggest that Richman (who we've seen very little of) and Summerskill (Who is not good enough - plain and simple) should be starting is ludicrous.

We've played some decent football this season (albeit in patches), but when you have nothing pushing you from the fringes, then it isn't long before players resort to type - i.e. Jones pre season - picking a pass etc, once he realises he's on the teamsheet every week he put's his foot through everything. I know i've only picked on one player there, but I could come up with more for the rest.

We need one win and I honestly think with a couple of shrewd loan deals we could be very strong in this league.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »

We aren't that far off but do need probably two more players. Which brings us back to another matter.. but anyway.

Eatmygoal

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 04:05:33 PM »

The start has been frustrating, and although I know it's still early days,  things do have to improve, especially as some people believe Alty are the favourites to win this league. So far though, there may be lead in the pencil, but no sharpener.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team