News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport bidding for voluntary demotion

Author Topic: Southport bidding for voluntary demotion  (Read 3040 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 17, 2011, 10:45:35 AM »

Aside from signing "le sulk" , sam hewson and ben wilkinson played for them yesterday  :D :D

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Southport bidding for voluntary demotion
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 10:48:16 AM »

They appear to have at least six or seven centre backs let's face it that's smiths preferred position not right back also owens who was at alty briefly has joined them

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 10:53:33 AM »

It will be interesting to see what happens when they realise smith refuses to play at right back. Ive enjoyed seeing us play 4-4-2 in the last couple of games,whilst the 3 or 5 at the back system is useful to employ in certain situations, I cant help but think the previous couple of years weve bought pressure on ourself by not using 4-4-2.And it got to a stage that we couldnt actually play 4-4-2 as we didnt have the staff capable of playing it

joe

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:48:53 AM »

Aside from signing "le sulk" , sam hewson and ben wilkinson played for them yesterday  :D :D

Sam Hewson would be a decent player if he sorts his fitness/attitude out. Ben Wilkinson on the other hand is just dog sh*t!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »

Sam Hewson would be a decent player if he had Ben Wilkinson's attitude and fitness.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 09:27:42 PM »

If Ben Wilkinson had Sam Hewson's attitude and fitness he'd struggle to make the bench at Wythenshawe Town.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »

Its a bold move for southport to take hewson,i thought we would see him at droylsden or fcum this term,they arent in a position to be carrying players

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 09:40:42 AM »

Its a bold move for southport to take hewson,i thought we would see him at droylsden or fcum this term,they arent in a position to be carrying players
We may yet see him at FCUM or Vics - I'm assuming he's only trialling at Southport, and he now has quite a bit to prove.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 09:52:30 AM »

I think we all know that these players for one reason or another are not BSP quality (fitness, ability (in Wilkinson's case) etc).

However, I do empathise with Southport a bit as they've found themselves in the same position as we did when we got reprieved a couple of seasons ago. They wouldn't know whether to plan for BSN or BSP until after the AGM, by which point, good potential targets have found themselves other clubs.

I suspect they'll have a tough challenge to stay up this year, but I don't think the league is as strong as it was last year... I think they'll be battling with Braintree, Eastbourne, Barrow, Ebsfleet, Forest Green, Hayes and Telford to stay up.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 10:41:03 AM »

I think we all know that these players for one reason or another are not BSP quality (fitness, ability (in Wilkinson's case) etc).

However, I do empathise with Southport a bit as they've found themselves in the same position as we did when we got reprieved a couple of seasons ago. They wouldn't know whether to plan for BSN or BSP until after the AGM, by which point, good potential targets have found themselves other clubs.

I suspect they'll have a tough challenge to stay up this year, but I don't think the league is as strong as it was last year... I think they'll be battling with Braintree, Eastbourne, Barrow, Ebsfleet, Forest Green, Hayes and Telford to stay up.

When did they get re-instated  ;)

altyshop

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »

Noticed along with Smith,hewson,wilkinson and owens that adam carden also played for southport on saturday against rochdale

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »

Ha! Good shout, think i've been living in a dreamworld since the end of last season!

I of course meant to omit Eastbourne from my previous list!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team