News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why I love this club : Chapter 97

Author Topic: Why I love this club : Chapter 97  (Read 3954 times)

taxi Phil

« on: December 10, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »

We'll never erect a statue to Kenny Palin, but he's undoubtedly a legend. I've just dropped him off at the dentist. He was proudly wearing a bench coat personalised with his name, which he tells me Lee Sinnott personally presented to him for his 70th birthday at the end of October.

Imagine that happening at a big club.....but then we ARE a big club when we look at gestures like this. I'm proud to be a member of the family that is Alty FC. Long may we flourish !

brian1925

Re: Why I love this club : Chapter 97
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »

Well said Romeo 48. It's been a VERY tough week and people like Kenny should cheer everyone up - a proper lifelong Alty legend.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 02:40:25 PM »

I bet he hasn't took it off since Lee presented him with it....
Zigger Zagger Zigger Zagger

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 03:41:08 PM »

Wonderful stuff. Well done Alty FC!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 04:10:57 PM »

We'll never erect a statue to Kenny Palin, but he's undoubtedly a legend. I've just dropped him off at the dentist. He was proudly wearing a bench coat personalised with his name, which he tells me Lee Sinnott personally presented to him for his 70th birthday at the end of October.

Imagine that happening at a big club.....but then we ARE a big club when we look at gestures like this. I'm proud to be a member of the family that is Alty FC. Long may we flourish !

I agree with your sentiment, but this kind of thing does happen at big clubs too (and probably lots in between). For example: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson-1552542

Alty is great club, but we're not unique.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 04:20:11 PM »

Taggerts a lovely bloke in real life. Very highly regarded by all the staff paid or volunteer at Carrington. Some of the compassion he's shown and things he's done for people with no public attention or recognition, and off his own back shows the measure of the man. Even if he was cast as a pantomime villain in football, and a terribly sore loser.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 05:05:02 PM »

I love people who are sore losers, because they are basically winners.
Fergy, AP McCoy sore losers but my god they were winners.

One of the biggest problems with the premiership is that half of the players don't give a sh*t if they win lose or draw. They still get thousands per week.

First is first . Second is nowhere.

Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 05:18:05 PM »

Taggerts a lovely bloke in real life. Very highly regarded by all the staff paid or volunteer at Carrington. Some of the compassion he's shown and things he's done for people with no public attention or recognition, and off his own back shows the measure of the man. Even if he was cast as a pantomime villain in football, and a terribly sore loser.

It was Man City journalist and fan Paul Hince for the MEN who christened him Taggart.
After the news came out Sir Alex was to be knighted Hince met Ferguson at an event and asked him what he should call him now he was to be knighted.
"Sir Taggart" came the reply!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:17:06 PM by Hamilton »

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 07:07:03 PM »

I love people who are sore losers, because they are basically winners.
Fergy, AP McCoy sore losers but my god they were winners.

One of the biggest problems with the premiership is that half of the players don't give a sh*t if they win lose or draw. They still get thousands per week.

First is first . Second is nowhere.

Disagree on that.  So long as there's fun to be had I'm relaxed about most things ('cept losing to Colchester!)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 07:45:23 PM »

I don't know Kenny Palin, perhaps I should or would recognise him if I saw him but I do know Neil Baldwin. This kind of stuff does happen at other clubs, perhaps only where they wear red and white stripes though.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 07:48:07 PM »

My missus gets to meet him several times a year at work and always says he is one of the politest and most respectful people she meets all year...........completely different to his media persona..........."books and covers"
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team