News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well said Lee

Author Topic: Well said Lee  (Read 2308 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Well said Lee
« on: December 07, 2015, 05:57:37 PM »

From the main site:

just want to place on record huge thanks from myself, all the staff and, of course, all the players for the support we had today, the number of people who travelled, the effort and input from them, the noise levels, everything. Given the distance involved, the time they had to set off for a 2pm kick-off and the expense, it was quite exceptional, and every single one of them is a credit to Altrincham Football Club.

'It involved travelling a good 200-plus miles, yet you would have thought we were the home team, the way they got behind the players and stuck by them to the very end. That level of vocal backing most certainly played a part in lifting the players and driving them on to a performance that so nearly took us over the line.

'I said afterwards we could take a lot of pride from the performance, even if the result didn't go our way, and I can tell you the club take a lot of pride from the way our supporters rose to the occasion as well. For me, they deserve as much praise as the players for showing Altrincham in such a good light.

'Straight after the final whistle, when the papers, radio and TV are after quotes, you get caught up in all the dramatic moments they're asking you about. It slipped my mind to mention our supporters, and I'm sorry about that. I wasn't asked, but perhaps it should have occurred to me, so I would like to apologise now and set the record straight by saying they were brilliant. Thanks so much for all you did, all your sterling efforts, and that's from the whole team as well as me.'

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well said Lee
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 06:25:10 PM »

I admit that it has taken me a very long time to fully accept Lee Sinnott as Alty manager but him and Neil deserve recognition. At times I forget we are part time when I look at the fitness of players like Rickman and Moult, we pass the ball, our tempo is improving and Lee seems to go for games more often now. I would like to see a bigger squad but there is a tight budget that he does well to stick too. The lads are professional, even though at times I'd like us to play a bit more aggressive I can't fault how they get on with a demanding league whilst continuing with employment. Massive well done to all in involve. Huge appreciation to our Chairman Graham too. Heads up boys we go again.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 11:02:55 PM »

The only thing which surprises me about this  (other than not having seen a banal comment from Jamie) is that he forgot to mention the support in the first place.

That he made a specific point of ringing John Edwards to do so is both typical of the man and of no surprise to me whatsoever

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:06:12 AM »

The only thing which surprises me about this  (other than not having seen a banal comment from Jamie) is that he forgot to mention the support in the first place.

That he made a specific point of ringing John Edwards to do so is both typical of the man and of no surprise to me whatsoever

I didn't even notice he'd not mentioned us actually. Wouldn't have held it against him either to be honest.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well said Lee