News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Troll or ill informed?

Author Topic: Troll or ill informed?  (Read 3198 times)

Jezza

Troll or ill informed?
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:45:05 PM »

I've seen a few digs at the board recently... about not signing players on contract....no ambition etc

Are these people trolling or just very ill informed?....coz i really can't believe people can possibly be that naiive???

I ask this question as a new topic as I did not want to feed the jack leaving thread as that should (I feel) be left to good wishes for jack rather than turning into an argument....

If these folk are true alty fans then they need to have a chat with the board they criticise so freely after a game, turn up to a fans forum and put their views there or just speak to other fans at the game who have a thin grasp on how tough it is running a club at this level....

62vintage

Re: Troll or ill informed?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:12:43 PM »

I've seen a few digs at the board recently... about not signing players on contract....no ambition etc

Are these people trolling or just very ill informed?....coz i really can't believe people can possibly be that naiive???

I ask this question as a new topic as I did not want to feed the jack leaving thread as that should (I feel) be left to good wishes for jack rather than turning into an argument....

If these folk are true alty fans then they need to have a chat with the board they criticise so freely after a game, turn up to a fans forum and put their views there or just speak to other fans at the game who have a thin grasp on how tough it is running a club at this level....

I think you will find that some of our fans are just knobs, plain and simple!

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »

very good shout. The board are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I still believe we are very lucky to have the high calibre of people we have on our board (as well as the very generous sponsorship, fund raising etc that supports them)

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »

so was he offered a contract or not, because in all fairness i don't remember the club releasing a statement saying "The club have offered Jack a contract until the end of the season, however Jack stated he would prefer to stay on a week by week basis" etc. etc.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 06:45:50 PM »

so was he offered a contract or not, because in all fairness i don't remember the club releasing a statement saying "The club have offered Jack a contract until the end of the season, however Jack stated he would prefer to stay on a week by week basis" etc. etc.

I don't think the club need to explain the ins and outs of every players contractual arrangements. If they did, imagine the meltdown on here everytime anyone joined or left.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 07:15:07 PM »

I think a lot of it is ignorance. Also, don't let the facts get in the way of a good gossip, or a moan.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 12:46:07 AM »

Whilst the bit about no ambition has been said in the past, I find this post a bit bizarre. I haven't really seen anything moaning about players not being on contracts recently or going on about no ambition.

I think people have commented that it woould've been nice to get Jack on contract but it wasn't to be.

markecky

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 02:15:20 AM »

Whilst the bit about no ambition has been said in the past, I find this post a bit bizarre. I haven't really seen anything moaning about players not being on contracts recently or going on about no ambition.

I think people have commented that it woould've been nice to get Jack on contract but it wasn't to be.

Its in response to SRT ignorance or trolling on this thread:

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=14311.15

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 02:21:26 AM »

Yes, seen it now actually.

It's one dig rather than a few digs really Jezza.

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »

Do we know for sure he wouldn't sign a contract? I'm not trying to troll, I just wonder if we offered him the right sort of contract.

1 year contract, with an option to leave to any league club for a fee of £10k. Could have been beneficial for all parties.

That said, I'm not 100% sure he was offered ANY contract because i don't remember the club, rightly or wrongly, stating this in a press release when we signed him.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »

Do we know for sure he wouldn't sign a contract? I'm not trying to troll, I just wonder if we offered him the right sort of contract.

1 year contract, with an option to leave to any league club for a fee of £10k. Could have been beneficial for all parties.

That said, I'm not 100% sure he was offered ANY contract because i don't remember the club, rightly or wrongly, stating this in a press release when we signed him.

Why would that have been of any benefit to Jack?   He knows he was good enough to play for us week in week out for probably as long as he wished.

Why would he limit his options by signing one?

I have it on very good authority that we did offer him a contract  and he did make it clear right from the start that his ambition was to keep working up the ladder to get back in the league.

I've always felt like he was on loan to us really and that was fair enough.

I'm pretty sure that if (and I hope this doesn't happen) something went wrong at Morecambe he'd consider coming back to us in the future.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Troll or ill informed?