PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup v Matlock
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FA Cup v Matlock  (Read 13691 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FA Cup v Matlock
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 01:13:19 PM »

Altrincham 10/11
Draw 13/5
Matlock 11/5

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 03:34:32 PM »

If a replay is required it will on the Wednesday rather than the Tuesday

Baldrick

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »

I see they drew 0-0 at home tonight with Blyth in the league-though Matlock missed a pen and hit the bar late on so perhaps should have won it. One defeat in eleven since late August so they are clearly no mugs. I note their home gates hover around 300 in the league but they pull a few more in the cup. I'd guesstimate then maybe 100-150 max away fans on Saturday for their big day out.

It seems unlikely that they would take 50% of their home attendance to an away game.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 10:55:40 PM »

Altrincham 10/11
Draw 13/5
Matlock 11/5

No thank you, for any of the above.....anyway NEVER bet on Alty (or against).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 08:08:47 AM »

I see they drew 0-0 at home tonight with Blyth in the league-though Matlock missed a pen and hit the bar late on so perhaps should have won it. One defeat in eleven since late August so they are clearly no mugs. I note their home gates hover around 300 in the league but they pull a few more in the cup. I'd guesstimate then maybe 100-150 max away fans on Saturday for their big day out.

It seems unlikely that they would take 50% of their home attendance to an away game.

We'll see. Don't underestimate how big Saturday is for them. They haven't reached the first round since the 80s. They'll bring a few I'm sure.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 09:42:45 AM »

I appreciate this is distracting from important issues but we have an FA Cup tie tomorrow. Let's make sure we are in good voice as we were against Chester last season. We will need to be bang on our game as they will be full of confidence after a recent good run. Hopefully we will be at pretty much full strength, any thoughts on what team we will see?

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2016, 03:01:16 PM »

Since Matlock are known as the Gladiators let's hope it's a case for them of "morituri te salutant"

And I'M Spartacus !

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2016, 09:55:47 AM »

So 119 in the away end plus whoever was sat in the stands. So ballpark 140 maybe. Seems like I was right.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2016, 09:58:48 AM »

So 119 in the away end plus whoever was sat in the stands. So ballpark 140 maybe. Seems like I was right.
It was a great turnout for them well done
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 10:50:52 AM »

Yes very good turn out from them and not too bad from us.

Game wise it was poor. Aside from last 5 min of 1st and and 1st 10 mins of 2nd we were poor. They should have been 3 up before Reeves class finish. Thank you Tim Deasey. The midfiield just can't control game. I hope Moult finds his form ASAP because if not I really fear for our league status.

What Hannagan was doing making that challenge on the half way line at 3-1 up I've no idea. His Altrincham career hasn't been quite what I'd hoped.

Hopefully the lowest ranked team at home or Bolton away in next round.

2 massive league games coming up with 4 points needed.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 11:16:14 AM »

Game wise it was poor. Aside from last 5 min of 1st and and 1st 10 mins of 2nd we were poor. They should have been 3 up before Reeves class finish. Thank you Tim Deasey. The midfiield just can't control game. I hope Moult finds his form ASAP because if not I really fear for our league status.

What Hannagan was doing making that challenge on the half way line at 3-1 up I've no idea. His Altrincham career hasn't been quite what I'd hoped.

totally agree with all this post . We have to bring new players in . Despite the amazing work by Jim we won't survive this league with this team
ParkINson's red and white army

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2016, 12:10:20 PM »

Hope not that lowest rank team is the only unbeaten team in 9 leagues of english football
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2016, 12:37:52 PM »

Hope not that lowest rank team is the only unbeaten team in 9 leagues of english football

Tottenham,Carlisle,Fylde,Leiston(who are 2 leagues above Westfields but lost to them yesterday),Hereford and Tiverton are also unbeaten in the league. Westfields do however boast the only 100% league record in the top 9 tiers of English football having won all 10 league games.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:54:00 PM by Blind Bat »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 12:49:46 PM »

totally agree with all this post . We have to bring new players in . Despite the amazing work by Jim we won't survive this league with this team

we arent that bad ,maybe carrying three players which is too many though

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »

We weren't great yesterday and Wilkinson wasn't quite as influential as previous games. Whilst the middle of the park is a concern (Moult is playing far too deep) its the left centre back and left back that are the major problems for me. A good team would have murdered us down that flank yesterday. Alan Goodall has done a reasonable job filling in at the back but he certainly isnt a long term option and Doherty is quite up to it positionally wise at the moment. Jim has done a really good job so far, but we need one or two really good players. Losing Hannigan is a massive blow. He is the best defender at the club by a mile and we look so much better with him in the team. Thankfully he'll be back for the next round of the cup.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup v Matlock