PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup v Matlock
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FA Cup v Matlock  (Read 13693 times)

Frosty

FA Cup v Matlock
« on: October 10, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »

I see it will be normal prices, shame that

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FA Cup v Matlock
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 01:09:59 PM »

I see it will be normal prices, shame that

Not quite true, as it will be £1.00 cheaper to sit in the main stand than it is for league fixtures.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »

Looking at the gate from the last round I doubt we gained many additional floaters at all and probably lost revenue. Never been convinced that reducing prices adds many to the gate.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 06:26:20 PM »

I've no issue in paying full price for the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup. Hopefully we have a big turn out on saturday as Matlock I'm sure will travel in better numbers than we've seen so far. The manager mentioned how valuable Saturdays vocal
Backing was to the team. Let's see more of the same on Saturdays and try and get ourselves into the first round draw.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 07:00:34 PM »

Ageeed that discounts in earlier rounds are fair enough but we're nearly at the main event now so full whack is fair enough for me. This is a huge game for Matlock and their recent history so assume they'll manage 150-200 which should ensure we are pushing 1k.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 07:21:41 PM »

Stockport v Bishops Auckland is reduced to £ 7.
Full time and proud of it

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 09:16:30 PM »

Bishop Auckland are from the same league as Morpeth, so will have a similar pricing structure. That probably explains why they & County will have come to an arrangement.
Matlock's basic price appears to be £10 - that at least is what they would charge for admission to any replay. To split the difference & make it £12 probably creates more work than it's worth.
When we played Morpeth the gate was 658, just over 25% higher than for the previous round v Gainsborough, so the gate receipts will have been comparable. The main thing is to try and get as many of our 'core' 700 or so down as possible; inevitably some will be put off by having to pay (don't season ticket holders understand that their ticket is for league games only, plus possibly some early booking rights for any all-ticket away or Cup games?) but I'm pretty sure most home fans won't quibble too much about the pricing - particularly if they're sitting in the cut-price stand!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 09:59:59 PM »

Looking at the gate from the last round I doubt we gained many additional floaters at all and probably lost revenue. Never been convinced that reducing prices adds many to the gate.
I thought that there was quite a sizeable increase game on game?

516 vs 658 a 27.5% improvement

Any extra fans is crucial for getting behind the team as well

Personally I would do it and social media it all over again

It's a must win for the prize money and the potential of a league club and TV in the 1st round

« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:05:53 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 10:18:06 PM »

Bishop Auckland are from the same league as Morpeth, so will have a similar pricing structure. That probably explains why they & County will have come to an arrangement.
Matlock's basic price appears to be £10 - that at least is what they would charge for admission to any replay. To split the difference & make it £12 probably creates more work than it's worth.
When we played Morpeth the gate was 658, just over 25% higher than for the previous round v Gainsborough, so the gate receipts will have been comparable. The main thing is to try and get as many of our 'core' 700 or so down as possible; inevitably some will be put off by having to pay (don't season ticket holders understand that their ticket is for league games only, plus possibly some early booking rights for any all-ticket away or Cup games?) but I'm pretty sure most home fans won't quibble too much about the pricing - particularly if they're sitting in the cut-price stand!
sorry didn't see your post .. must pay more attention
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 08:51:45 AM »

I thought that there was quite a sizeable increase game on game?

516 vs 658 a 27.5% improvement

Any extra fans is crucial for getting behind the team as well

Personally I would do it and social media it all over again

It's a must win for the prize money and the potential of a league club and TV in the 1st round

You'd have to check the breakdown because if everyone was an adult paying in 10 v 14 - we'd have been 100 down

However this could have lead to increased bar and snack takings, not to mention that there's no guarantee at 14 we'd have got all them in

Personally I'd rather have 700 at 10, than 560 at 14

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 09:15:07 AM »

I think people should give their heads a wobble for what's basically the price of a premium pint of lager. Prices weren't increased against now championship Barnsley last year so it's swings and roundabouts.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 02:46:39 PM »

I don't think any Alty fans are moaning about paying 14quid Oi Polloi,I think they're just saying that we'd be more likely to get more neutrals in for a tenner.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 03:42:59 PM »

25 neutrals/occasionals at most I'd say on the back of that, don't forget the gate is split being a cup game. A badly thought out loss leader. Also doing the oppos out of money which they could quite rightly get uppity about.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 05:47:50 PM »

I've just noticed City are at home on Saturday at 3pm so you're probably right SW,there wouldn't be too many neutrals tempted.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 10:26:52 PM »

I see they drew 0-0 at home tonight with Blyth in the league-though Matlock missed a pen and hit the bar late on so perhaps should have won it. One defeat in eleven since late August so they are clearly no mugs. I note their home gates hover around 300 in the league but they pull a few more in the cup. I'd guesstimate then maybe 100-150 max away fans on Saturday for their big day out.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Cup v Matlock