PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hattersley playing centre half ??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hattersley playing centre half ??  (Read 13754 times)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hattersley playing centre half ??
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2016, 05:46:48 PM »

Can anyone think of our lower moment in our entire history? I can't.

Playing fortunes wise, this, Bernard's last league game, just before the 2-1 FA Cup exit at Guiseley?

http://www.lusaweb.co.uk/021008vs.htm

Graham Heathcote's appointment followed and a meeting held with supporters at Moss Lane:-

http://www.lusaweb.co.uk/alt0203f.htm

However, given that this time last year we had just beaten Cheltenham and are not currently facing £700k debts it certainly feels a whole lot worse.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2016, 05:55:34 PM »

If there is a "rainy day fund" then the club need to be under no illusion that it's absolutely pissing down. We face the prospect of going to nunny with no first choice keeper and three injured CBs. We Will be five points a drift If they beat us Tuesday. I Understand budget constraints etc, but if players, as mentioned by the new manager have expressed an interest to come, get them here by Tuesday.Make no mistake this is DEFCON 1. A new low today.

If their isn't a disaster fund then maybe the club should consider a loan on the strength of potential funds being generated by the CSH
Something needs to happen and fkn fast before damage inflicted by NY becomes iretreviable
he would still be here if he hadn't resigned. The board had total confidence in him as they did Neil Tolson

What does that tell you?
It tells me that the boards judgement is somewhat of kilter with the views of most of us on here. However, We have to give Harvey a fair chance to sort it with funds if necessary. I do believe he has the ability to sort it out and whatever anyone thinks of the board, we as fans most certainly have to get behind Jim Harvey and his team both current and future players.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2016, 05:58:51 PM »

We're the only nonleague club to sell a player in to the premier league and get worse inside 24 months of it happening.. Maybe now is the time for a very public local ask for help. Isn't there a load of shares from The previous chairman that could be sold to a willing investor should he wish to part with them? We've got a manager with a plan, time to try and fund it.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2016, 06:01:45 PM »

The board have got us in this mess so they really need to back Jim Harvey with the funds to get us out of it! The way things are currently we have a squad full of absolute dog sh*t and we're on a one way trip to Mickleover Sports and Rushall Olympic!!

GB Alty

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2016, 06:12:55 PM »

We're the only nonleague club to sell a player in to the premier league and get worse inside 24 months of it happening.. Maybe now is the time for a very public local ask for help. Isn't there a load of shares from The previous chairman that could be sold to a willing investor should he wish to part with them? We've got a manager with a plan, time to try and fund it.
yes there is, its those shares that are propping up the current board

ripleym

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2016, 06:33:03 PM »

Didn't the board put up a load of shares for purchase, in order to raise some funds?

Perhaps all those who want change could snap up those shares and make a real difference?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2016, 06:55:09 PM »

Its about Evolution not revolution.

GB Alty

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2016, 08:08:31 PM »

Didn't the board put up a load of shares for purchase, in order to raise some funds?

Perhaps all those who want change could snap up those shares and make a real difference?
why don't they put them all up to attract external investment

You can't expect the supporters to get them out of this mess

ripleym

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2016, 08:10:29 PM »

Yes, god forbid we become a supporter owned club.

GB Alty

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »

what does that actually mean?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2016, 10:05:47 PM »

what does that actually mean?

I understood it to mean that the club should evolve into a more progressive improved club with investment,  rather than removing the current officialdom in a revolutionary get rid of the board manner.

That is how I interpreted it ( I may be wrong)... Pete is the best person to reply to your question.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2016, 12:12:44 AM »

Yes, god forbid we become a supporter owned club.

I'm not being funny but watch the highlights and look at the last three goals we conceded. Is that really the Alty first team?

Anyone who went today I really feel like I should buy you a drink. Watching tHat must have broken your hearts. I've never seen us defend so pathetically.

You can berate Jamie all you like but find me another club in the world at this level that has allowed itself (and that is a very important point) to erode itself from good to bad in such quick time and I'll moderate their f**king forum.

What an absurd disgrace of a performance that was. I'd rather go to away games to ensure I'm not lining the pockets of a board who thinks that is ok for Altrincham FC. I may have only watched that on YouTube but I assure you if I see more of the same at Nunny I'll walk you out myself, patronising us fans to believe we were a bit harsh on the last manager?????

Some job Jim Harvey has now. After watching those highlights I'm genuinely worried about where we will play next season

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2016, 01:31:17 AM »

Can anyone think of our lower moment in our entire history? I can't.

Playing fortunes wise, this, Bernard's last league game, just before the 2-1 FA Cup exit at Guiseley?

http://www.lusaweb.co.uk/021008vs.htm

Graham Heathcote's appointment followed and a meeting held with supporters at Moss Lane:-

http://www.lusaweb.co.uk/alt0203f.htm

However, given that this time last year we had just beaten Cheltenham and are not currently facing £700k debts it certainly feels a whole lot worse.

Well, I confess that I actually feel more depressed about our current situation on the pitch than I did during those admittedly dark days of 2002, as back then at least we simply had to accept that the club had been saddled with significant historic debts.

By contrast, in recent times we have sold a player to a Premier League club and keep being assured that the CSH is/will be a cash cow for the club.

It appears to me that the long-suffering supporters are presently being insulted by the team's continuing abject performances on the pitch and also off the pitch courtesy of the chairman's recent ill-judged statements.

As for that meeting back in 2002, it remains my favourite Alty fans forum of all time.

That well-informed "mystery businessman" tied Berman up in knots and induced a priceless flounce from our former chairman.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 01:33:52 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2016, 06:39:31 PM »

Unless there was another occasion recently and I am confusing the two (quite likely pal and apologies if I am) I thought the shares that were put up for sale by the board were to raise funds for the Community Project? A couple of thousand shares, put out at five times their actual value. While I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with the initiative (I bought some myself), it would be wrong to insinuate that it was a missed opportunity to drive significant investment into the football club itself, or that it offered the opportunity for actual change.

GB Alty

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2016, 06:42:17 PM »

Unless there was another occasion recently and I am confusing the two (quite likely pal and apologies if I am) I thought the shares that were put up for sale by the board were to raise funds for the Community Project? A couple of thousand shares, put out at five times their actual value. While I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with the initiative (I bought some myself), it would be wrong to insinuate that it was a missed opportunity to drive significant investment into the football club itself, or that it offered the opportunity for actual change.
Matt does that mean your a shareholder of the community club or the football club?

Might explain why your not listed with companies house as a shareholder of the football club?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hattersley playing centre half ??