PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's results
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Today's results  (Read 13715 times)

brian1925

Re: Today's results
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 10:31:21 PM »

Jimmy, the 27 from 26 thing is becoming pretty irrelevant I'm afraid. We are on a downward spiral with very few players. While I'm obviously delighted we've brought in the young lad from Burnley, it's just not enough. As others have said, at the very least we need a proper right back and probably one or two more to be honest. Also, I don't pretend to be a expert on ground maintenance, but it's been bucketing down here in Chorley for bloody weeks now and yet they managed to get their game on today.
It won't get much credence on here I know, but vod's point about the managerial changes at Halifax and Southport is pretty much spot on...

eightiesrobin

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 10:41:45 PM »

I agree, 27 from 26 is now irrelevant.

Do you know we have won ONE league point since 21st November, and furthermore, there won't be another one available until, at the very earliest, 23rd January. Even then, who could possibly hope to gain a point at a rampant Grimsby? That game is followed by home games against bogey sides Woking and Dover. We could still have 27 points on 6th February.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:43:36 PM by eightiesrobin »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 10:44:15 PM »

I see the usual doom mongers are having a field day.

Being positive,.... we have at least 2, nearly 3 home games in hand on those above us and hopefully this new winger will replace Clee's creativity and we havent been playing too badly of late, just not been scoring enough goals.
We just need a win or two to give us fans a lift, we do usually do better against the top sides dont we. Plus, if we can beat Leamington and Bognor and it will look a lot different then.

Cheers up you lot ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:46:51 PM by PukkaPieman »

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 10:48:19 PM »

Jimmy, the 27 from 26 thing is becoming pretty irrelevant I'm afraid. We are on a downward spiral with very few players. While I'm obviously delighted we've brought in the young lad from Burnley, it's just not enough. As others have said, at the very least we need a proper right back and probably one or two more to be honest. Also, I don't pretend to be a expert on ground maintenance, but it's been bucketing down here in Chorley for bloody weeks now and yet they managed to get their game on today.
It won't get much credence on here I know, but vod's point about the managerial changes at Halifax and Southport is pretty much spot on...
Excellent post

Jimmy like many others need to wake up and realise we are in one hell of a battle to stay up now

I don't know whats wrong with the pitch, but its unacceptable

Also the squad issue lack of players will cost us, welcome news this new lad but to little to late, we needed to act in the autumn.

I leave it to others to discuss the merits of the management, most know my views on it. But your reference to Southport and Halifax highlights what could have been if we had been brave enough, alas not and we are where we are

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 11:01:26 PM »

I see the usual doom mongers are having a field day.

Being positive,.... we have at least 2, nearly 3 home games in hand on those above us and hopefully this new winger will replace Clee's creativity and we havent been playing too badly of late, just not been scoring enough goals.
We just need a win or two to give us fans a lift, we do usually do better against the top sides dont we. Plus, if we can beat Leamington and Bognor and it will look a lot different then.

Cheers up you lot ;)

Games in hand don't mean to much at the bottom of the league Pukka, particular for a side that can't score for toffee

Keep your chin up and stay positive though

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 07:37:29 AM »

Excellent post

Jimmy like many others need to wake up and realise we are in one hell of a battle to stay up now

I don't know whats wrong with the pitch, but its unacceptable

Also the squad issue lack of players will cost us, welcome news this new lad but to little to late, we needed to act in the autumn.

I leave it to others to discuss the merits of the management, most know my views on it. But your reference to Southport and Halifax highlights what could have been if we had been brave enough, alas not and we are where we are
your missing my point

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 07:38:04 AM »

I agree, 27 from 26 is now irrelevant.

Do you know we have won ONE league point since 21st November, and furthermore, there won't be another one available until, at the very earliest, 23rd January. Even then, who could possibly hope to gain a point at a rampant Grimsby? That game is followed by home games against bogey sides Woking and Dover. We could still have 27 points on 6th February.
missing my point someone said he was surprised it's took this long to be in bottom 4 I said with our points I'm not I never said anything about not being in trouble
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:51:15 AM by Jimmy »

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 11:06:48 AM »

Even then, who could possibly hope to gain a point at a rampant Grimsby?

Would that be the same Grimsby who would have been expected to turn us over in every one of the 6 previous encounters, but have yet to beat us ?

andrewflynn

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 12:12:18 PM »

There's a few unfair points made about our pitch here.

We all know the water table is very high in the Trafford area, something we can only hope to maintain after it raining pretty much every day since mid-December.

We have a carpet under good conditions, dirt bikes wouldn't seem out of place on some teams' surfaces at the best of times but at least we have that. We're not Manchester United with a name-your-price drainage system, we're a non league club and we're just going to have to accept that heavy rain brings about that nasty puddle by the corner flag.

Postponements happen. At the very least, we go about them in a professional manner and give the opposition a fair head's up.

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 12:16:13 PM »

We all know the water table is very high in the Trafford area, something we can only hope to maintain after it raining pretty much every day since mid-December.

We have a carpet under good conditions, dirt bikes wouldn't seem out of place on some teams' surfaces at the best of times but at least we have that. We're not Manchester United with a name-your-price drainage system, we're a non league club and we're just going to have to accept that heavy rain brings about that nasty puddle by the corner flag.

Postponements happen. At the very least, we go about them in a professional manner and give the opposition a fair head's up.
we call games of early because we don't want to pay for the opponents traveling fee,I'd say sometimes to early

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2016, 12:22:45 PM »

As pointed out elsewhere, we haven't been playing badly, but we haven't been taking chances and winning games, that's the key. I'd still like to see another forward and another player with pace coming in. Circumstances have dictated that we may find ourselves in a bit of a fix come the last week in January. But we can only play when we can play. First job is to hopefully get through against Leamington. They will be bang up for it, they have a manager under pressure and he'll be filling their heads with "fancy dans" "don't fancy it" "big time Charlie" which we all know is frankly nonsense. We need to play to our potential and get ourselves in to the next round. Same applies to the Bognor fixture. Neither will be easy games, but both are games we can win. Giving us a place in the last 16. We can't do anything about the league at the moment, with cup commitments and postponements except hope for a draw between Torquay & welling on Tuesday.

Alty Razor Squad

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2016, 12:32:15 PM »

If it's just the bit in the corner that's causing all the postponements would some sort of cover for that small area not be idea?

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2016, 03:12:32 PM »

I'm a glass half full kind of person and always look on the positive side of things as life is too short to be negative but even I'm starting to get a small case of the jitters with the current situation. I know we have 3 games in hand on a lot of the other teams in the league, but a bottom 4 position now is going to make the rest of the season a bit interesting to say the least.

The new loan this week looks a really good one but I, along with lots here, were expecting more than just one announcement. I'm assuming more plans are in progress and more announcements are imminent but I'm not so sure they will be as the club seems to do the bare minimum to get by in these kind of situations (perhaps I'm being unfair here, but that's the way it looks without any inside details). Nothing wrong with financial prudence but sometimes you have to speculate a bit more to accumulate, if at least to halt the possibility of dropping down at the end of the season and the obvious financial negatives that would bring with it.

Just my thoughts...

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2016, 03:13:53 PM »

At the risk of being accused of speaking the bleeding obvious, on has to look at the table here. And when I refer to 'the table' I mean the table on the main website which I find really helpful, and I would draw the attention of the reader to the final 2 columns of the table...

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/leaguetable.htm

So, its true that we have a diminished squad, and my analysis take no account of that. However, on the positive...look at the top 11 sides - we have played 9 of them away already. Arguably 9 of our 11 toughest games are done by Jan. This is good

Also, look at the top 2 - we won't be meeting either of these sides again this season. Also good.

Look at the ratio of home:away games to play for the rest of the season :- 12:8. And of those 8 away games, 6 are lower half of the league. Also good.

And although we are 21st in the league, you have to look to position 18 before you find anyone else able to get > 1 point per game average. OK...we have a bit of a backlog of game which is not good, but based on the previous statistical analysis, even a TV weather girl would realise that we have managed > 1 point/game despite playing an undue amount of tricky games early in the season.

Sinin/Sinout/Sinwhogivesaf**kitsatoughjobinatoughleaguewithnotahugeaountofcashtosplashsowhoamitojudge

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2016, 03:20:15 PM »

At the risk of being accused of speaking the bleeding obvious, on has to look at the table here. And when I refer to 'the table' I mean the table on the main website which I find really helpful, and I would draw the attention of the reader to the final 2 columns of the table...

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/leaguetable.htm

So, its true that we have a diminished squad, and my analysis take no account of that. However, on the positive...look at the top 11 sides - we have played 9 of them away already. Arguably 9 of our 11 toughest games are done by Jan. This is good

Also, look at the top 2 - we won't be meeting either of these sides again this season. Also good.

Look at the ratio of home:away games to play for the rest of the season :- 12:8. And of those 8 away games, 6 are lower half of the league. Also good.

And although we are 21st in the league, you have to look to position 18 before you find anyone else able to get > 1 point per game average. OK...we have a bit of a backlog of game which is not good, but based on the previous statistical analysis, even a TV weather girl would realise that we have managed > 1 point/game despite playing an undue amount of tricky games early in the season.

Sinin/Sinout/Sinwhogivesaf**kitsatoughjobinatoughleaguewithnotahugeaountofcashtosplashsowhoamitojudge

I generally agree with your analysis except that we tend to draw or lose against the worse teams in the league
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's results