PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnotts thoughts on Saturday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Lee Sinnotts thoughts on Saturday  (Read 14577 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Sinnotts thoughts on Saturday
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 11:32:28 PM »

We are third in the league however it's likely every team we have play will finish in bottom half apart from north ferriby who beat us

Well, that's pretty much the same with Hednesford and Brackley who are both above us. Everyone's slipped up slightly in the top 5 and even though we haven't played that well in general we're still up there anyway.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 11:42:21 PM »

Who knows how many you delete, but I would suggest more than four

You deleted more than that of mine when I called you a happy clapper - is that swearing

The forum dosen't reflect reality so you must delete loads

You think the reality is we're doing so badly that the manager should be sacked?

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 11:46:04 PM »

We are third in the league however it's likely every team we have play will finish in bottom half apart from north ferriby who beat us

Well, that's pretty much the same with Hednesford and Brackley who are both above us. Everyone's slipped up slightly in the top 5 and even though we haven't played that well in general we're still up there anyway.
hednesford will not finish in the playoffs and brackley drew with ferriby and beat a Harrogate side who are probably better than anyone we've beat

markecky

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 11:51:34 PM »

Who knows how many you delete, but I would suggest more than four

You deleted more than that of mine when I called you a happy clapper - is that swearing

The forum dosen't reflect reality so you must delete loads

Didn't delete a single one of your posts when you had a go at me then, all still there. Why would I do that?

This forum doesn't reflect reality because only about 25 people from 500 internet savvy fans use it. It's read by many but people don't post.

The fun went out of this place years ago.

If you think I delete loads of posts and yet no one mentions it or moans then I can't work that out.

What a weird place it would be if someone's post was deleted because they thought something was wrong.

The rules are clear, make your point about whatever without telling people to F off, applies to everyone not just you.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 11:54:01 PM »

hednesford will not finish in the playoffs and brackley drew with ferriby and beat a Harrogate side who are probably better than anyone we've beat

I agree with you on Hednesford.  Harrogate though, are 12th at the moment. They might indeed be better than anyone we've won against in the long run but certainly were not in form when playing Brackley  and Brackley also drew with Worcester and Gloucester, both of whom we got 3 points against.

bumble

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2013, 11:54:16 PM »

I agree about Hednesford -

Brackley were lucky to get a point at Gloucester.Brackley fans don't think they're playing well - they were losing 1-0 to gresley ( 1-1 ft) so Its about putting a run together now.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:56:11 PM by Jack Jolly »

Jimmy

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 11:58:39 PM »

No one in this league is nothing special no chester or guiseley before bosh went this squad will not make playoffs unless we bring in 2 or 3 very good players

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 11:59:02 PM »

I agree with nasha to the extent that that starting 11 should have had enough to have won the game, however as we all know it didn't.

Lee's comments with regards to not picking reeves however have left me rather stunned. Listen, a manager lives and dies by his decisions, and while I was surprised to see Reeves on the bench against Gloucester, that's the managers decision. We won the game and we moved on with Damien well rested.

However last Tuesday hardly had anybody thinking we had the new Cole and Yorke playing upfront for us. Yet that is the reason given for not starting a forward who has scored the best part of 90 goals in 2 years in a big fa cup tie? Really? He notes elsewhere in the interview that in a cup tie there are no second chances so why not pick the best side available? Not saying it would have changed the result but picking reeves wouldn't have done any harm. It just doesn't make any sense.

Listen those who know me know that I'm not Sinnotts biggest fan,
 but at the end of the day I just want this football club to win football matches regardless of who is in charge, it's nonsense like this where he makes a rod for his own back though, and as Ballers said in a great post on here yesterday, he simply does not have enough credit in the bank to allow for it.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »

Ferriby were very good for about 50 minutes when they could maintain the high level of tempo they were playing at. They scored 2 decent goals on a small pitch that suited their play which is why they'll be very good in the first half of games and at home. When the pace settled down we came back into it quite a bit albeit whilst still not playing to our full potential, this may also explain why they've only won 1 game away from home this year too.

I don't think they will maintain this home form all year and I don't think they'll improve their away form enough to make the playoffs this season either.

Jimmy

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 12:11:21 AM »

Do you think we will go up?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:13:41 AM by Jimmy »

markecky

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 12:15:36 AM »

I agree with nasha to the extent that that starting 11 should have had enough to have won the game, however as we all know it didn't.

Lee's comments with regards to not picking reeves however have left me rather stunned. Listen, a manager lives and dies by his decisions, and while I was surprised to see Reeves on the bench against Gloucester, that's the managers decision. We won the game and we moved on with Damien well rested.

However last Tuesday hardly had anybody thinking we had the new Cole and Yorke playing upfront for us. Yet that is the reason given for not starting a forward who has scored the best part of 90 goals in 2 years in a big fa cup tie? Really? He notes elsewhere in the interview that in a cup tie there are no second chances so why not pick the best side available? Not saying it would have changed the result but picking reeves wouldn't have done any harm. It just doesn't make any sense.

Listen those who know me know that I'm not Sinnotts biggest fan,
 but at the end of the day I just want this football club to win football matches regardless of who is in charge, it's nonsense like this where he makes a rod for his own back though, and as Ballers said in a great post on here yesterday, he simply does not have enough credit in the bank to allow for it.

Agreed.  I too thought that taking Reeves out of the spotlight against Gloucester was no bad thing and the manager has the right to pick and rotate as he see's fit based on what he sees and knows.

I actually like Kyle Perry but from what I hear of Ferriby and what I saw against Gloucester, he did some good flicks, a couple of good moves but didn't threaten the goal.  That's should have been enough to rotate again.

If that wasn't then not threatening the goal against Trafford surely has to be.

Against Trafford the manager opted to stick with the winning team but that was a gamble and a gamble we lost.  Not playing Reeves played a part in that but I still maintain that too many players below par against a pumped up Trafford side was the downfall.

We can't afford to gamble again on Saturday, otherwise whatever the manager says, it's then a situation with Reeves.

And despite our good league standing that can change very quickly and it won't be acceptable to have the countries top non league striker on the bench for any length of time whilst losing games.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2013, 12:19:03 AM »

The thing about Reeves, as we all know, is he scores a lot of goals without looking much good in other areas. So if he doesn't score for a few games, people can look at him and think he's going off the boil, and I could sort of see the logic in him being dropped. But it's like when we got relegated from the conference and he was on the bench all those games. It's best to just persist with him and the goals will come.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2013, 12:19:28 AM »

Do you think we will go up?

Hmm, good question. I don't think there's anyone around us that's any better with the exception of possibly Brackley but until I see us play them in a couple of weeks I can't be sure of that either. What I do think is that we'll finish in the play-offs again this year and I do think we'll be in with a shout of the title with 10 games to go or at least much more so than last year. I'm not really basing this on anything concrete aside from what I've seen of our results and the table at this stage.

What do you think?

Robins Retweet

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2013, 12:20:01 AM »

This is shocking.

Can someone please copy and paste lee's words on here as my mobile doesnt agree with the main site?

Jimmy

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2013, 12:21:06 AM »

We should be pleased we got 3 goals out  of perry that's a bonus not good enough and his condition prove his heart isn't in it but Sinnott is obsessed with him just like heathcote with twiss
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnotts thoughts on Saturday