PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SINNOTT MUST CHANGE THINGS NOW !!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: SINNOTT MUST CHANGE THINGS NOW !!  (Read 14602 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: SINNOTT MUST CHANGE THINGS NOW !!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 04:14:56 PM »

I've been impressed by Richman in the last 2 games.

Summerskill, on the other hand, seems a bit lightweight and doesn't seem to know how to tackle.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 04:23:44 PM »

I never fail to be entertained by folk posting that things have to change.

Do they think that the players and management are content?

Do they maybe think that the loss of two two goal leads is a deliberate act by those self same players and management?

I would respectfully point out the following.

The BSBN is absolutely nothing like the League we left in 2005 (incidentally having barely crept into the play-offs) For example there are at least two full time clubs in this league now

The Club as a whole I feel certain knows that things have to change so why not give people the chance to effect the changes necessary

We have played six games so far, all against teams who, whether we rate them or not, harbour what they consider realistic hopes of promotion or at least the playoffs

We have a squad of sixteen players plus three youth teamers and the assistant manager.

Players at whatever level (and I feel sure Ballers will concur) react much better to support and encouragement than they do to snide comments and negative comments.

Over the past few years in the BSBP we have got behind the team more times than not...what is so different now?, other than some people's unrealistic (IMHO)  views

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »

I never fail to be entertained by folk posting that things have to change.

Do they think that the players and management are content?

Do they maybe think that the loss of two two goal leads is a deliberate act by those self same players and management?

I would respectfully point out the following.

The BSBN is absolutely nothing like the League we left in 2005 (incidentally having barely crept into the play-offs) For example there are at least two full time clubs in this league now

The Club as a whole I feel certain knows that things have to change so why not give people the chance to effect the changes necessary

We have played six games so far, all against teams who, whether we rate them or not, harbour what they consider realistic hopes of promotion or at least the playoffs

We have a squad of sixteen players plus three youth teamers and the assistant manager.

Players at whatever level (and I feel sure Ballers will concur) react much better to support and encouragement than they do to snide comments and negative comments.

Over the past few years in the BSBP we have got behind the team more times than not...what is so different now?, other than some people's unrealistic (IMHO)  views

I think this is fair comment. The league has clearly improved and we are not at present good enough to be in the top 5. Many of us thought this might happen and it might take 2 seasons to find our feet and go back. Lets give Lee and the players time to bed in and improve. There are some good signs as well.

Patience needed now ;D ;D

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »

First task is to get the defence working properly. It's obvious but sadly I don't have the answers.  I do believe that a defence that functions correctly will give us more confidence to hold the ball in midfield.  Up front Astley is worth a start.

In Lee I trust.

joe

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 06:11:15 PM »

Can I just remind everyone that there is an obvious bias here as this is Brian Summerskill's dad (seriously)

If that is true then he needs to put his time to better use like fitting young Brian with an intravenus drip pumping pork fat into his waif like body!

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 06:30:50 PM »

I think we might see a change or two after Wednesday.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 06:52:46 PM »

I think we might see a change or two after Wednesday.

I fancy you could well be right Bryan.. Once the transfer merry go round finally pulls up tomorrow night (thank god). The dust will settle and there will be plenty of players at all levels who will be looking for teams.  Hopefully Lee will then be able to have a good look and hopefully get someone in on loan, on a free etc and we could see a couple of new faces in the next week or so.

Until that happens it is a case of pushing on with what we have just now.  This league is a lot better than I personally thought and not having any experience of watching much at the second tier of non league football it certainly looks like this is going to be a bit more difficult than we thought.  We are playing  better than the results say, the trouble is we seem to lack concentration for the full 90 minutes and let teams back into games.. Once we can close games out then I think we will start to progress

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »

Totally agree about patience being key.  I don't like it when we don't win, and I want us to get to as high a level as possible.  But things take time; we have a new manager who has taken over a relegated team, he has a track record of success at this level, his own ideas and he needs time to implement them.  Players will come and go and I back Sinnott to get the formula right.  The worrying thing would be if he was making excuses and he's not done that.

There are positives so far and I think the minuses can generally be addressed.  Both of our defeats were by one goal, we're scoring goals too.  I don't believe for a second that Sinnott or anyone in the boardroom is happy with the start, but then if things were great to begin with he'd never have got the job.

Cloughie's first season at Derby?  About 17th in Division Two.  Revie at Leeds?  Worse.  Give it time. 

whopper

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 07:13:29 PM »

In the bsp it was 'let's be realistic' and 'were not where we belong etc' from heathcoate, now its the bsn and its also 'let's be realistic' but this time from most of the fans that hated that very attitude, bizaare

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 08:13:23 PM »

In the bsp it was 'let's be realistic' and 'were not where we belong etc' from heathcoate, now its the bsn and its also 'let's be realistic' but this time from most of the fans that hated that very attitude, bizaare

Oh dear, it's the invasion of the bodysnatchers. I didn't think there'd be any flesh left on the bones of this particular corpse, but that doesn't stop some from attempting a miraculous resurrection.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

whopper

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 08:38:55 PM »

Oh dear, it's the invasion of the bodysnatchers. I didn't think there'd be any flesh left on the bones of this particular corpse, but that doesn't stop some from attempting a miraculous resurrection.
get out of it gobnasty!!!! your opinions are 7 foot under!!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 08:43:32 PM »

Your post is, as you say Jacko, "bizaare".

whopper

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 09:27:42 PM »

haha go on get out of it captain spellcheck!!! Where's your swasticka Grammer nazi!!!! LOL

bighairedmike

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 01:14:21 AM »

haha go on get out of it captain spellcheck!!! Where's your swasticka Grammer nazi!!!! LOL

However, your posts are just as coherent as the ramblings of a mad man.

markecky

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 08:27:23 AM »

It's like groundhog day.

1) Post controversial opinion to stir people up.
2) Get called a nob
3) Post "no you're all nobs and I'm not, I'm a freedom fighter in the internet world, you can't stop me!"
4) Get called a nob again and criticised for not allowing people to breath when reading your posts/spelling/apostrophe use
4) Say everyone one is a sheep and you're the only with any form of real opinion.
5) Get called a nob again.
6) Tell everyone you don't care what they think because they are sheep/blind/forum police/also nobs and you're the only one who is sane.

Wait 2 days..

1) Post controversial opinion..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SINNOTT MUST CHANGE THINGS NOW !!