PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rule Changes up for discussion.......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Rule Changes up for discussion.......  (Read 12904 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Rule Changes up for discussion.......
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »

Bring back John Barnes stylee tights ..

Had to love Plastic pitches for seeing Preston players in their leggings :)

Dougals Dad

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 07:24:51 PM »

I think they should discuss the shape of footballs. The spherical ones give a far too predictable bounce and this makes it far too easy for skillful players. If, for instance, the balls were oval the players would then be encouraged to hoof the ball upfield willy nilly!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 08:54:19 PM »

I think they should discuss the shape of footballs. The spherical ones give a far too predictable bounce and this makes it far too easy for skillful players. If, for instance, the balls were oval the players would then be encouraged to hoof the ball upfield willy nilly!

Next thing you know they'll be picking it up and running with it ?

I can see it's going to be a long week on the forum up to the Gateshead match at the weekend !

robins1978

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 09:26:32 PM »

I think the rule about getting booked for removing your shirt in celebration after scoring is a totally pointless one and should be quashed!

bumble

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 09:28:16 PM »

Next thing you know they'll be picking it up and running with it ?

I can see it's going to be a long week on the forum up to the Gateshead match at the weekend !

games not till next month either ;)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 09:34:52 PM »

I think we should keep the rule which says that we will finish, at worst, fourth bottom of the league every year (and the codicil that if we DO finish fourth bottom, the financially worst-fixed higher placed club in the league must accept relegation in our place.)   :)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »

With regard to the 'safety' thing I suspect that if it hasn't already happened somewhere it wont be long before someone gets pulled back by their snood. This would obviously be inherently dangerous articularly given the fact that a snood is around the neck area, an area which must be given the utmost level of protection.

Have to disagree with you on this one ATS. Players already have a shirt collar around the throat, fashions change and sometimes that collar is higher up the neck than at other times.  Secondly it is quite feasible for a snood to be adjusted so it has a thin velcro strip keeping it in place but also to tear open when pulled back, as will happen at some point.

Whilst I take your point Mr York I have to disagree with you.

A Players shirt is one of the items which said player is required by the Laws of the game to wear and although it would be possible to haul someone back by the shirt collar it would be far more difficult than it would to do the same with a snood which, incidentally, is not one of the required elements of kit.

Point taken to a degree.  It may be in breach of the current rules but as this thread is about discussing possible rule changes the 'required kit' reference doesn't apply.  Hauling players back happens snood or not, long hair makes it easier / short haird harder to haul a player back.

They look bloody silly, but they won't be banned for the reason I mentioned earlier...money.

Butty

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 10:22:09 PM »

With regard to the 'safety' thing I suspect that if it hasn't already happened somewhere it wont be long before someone gets pulled back by their snood. This would obviously be inherently dangerous articularly given the fact that a snood is around the neck area, an area which must be given the utmost level of protection.

Have to disagree with you on this one ATS. Players already have a shirt collar around the throat, fashions change and sometimes that collar is higher up the neck than at other times.  Secondly it is quite feasible for a snood to be adjusted so it has a thin velcro strip keeping it in place but also to tear open when pulled back, as will happen at some point.

Whilst I take your point Mr York I have to disagree with you.

A Players shirt is one of the items which said player is required by the Laws of the game to wear and although it would be possible to haul someone back by the shirt collar it would be far more difficult than it would to do the same with a snood which, incidentally, is not one of the required elements of kit.

Point taken to a degree.  It may be in breach of the current rules but as this thread is about discussing possible rule changes the 'required kit' reference doesn't apply.  Hauling players back happens snood or not, long hair makes it easier / short haird harder to haul a player back.

They look bloody silly, but they won't be banned for the reason I mentioned earlier...money.
I completely agree, ban shirt collars.

timbo13

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 11:49:23 PM »

There are specified dimensions for goalposts and crossbars set down in Law

But not the cross-sectional shape?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 11:58:34 PM »

Round, Square, Rectangular or Elliptical according to law

I suspect the proposed change may be an attempt to standardise down to one or maybe two of these options

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 12:01:27 AM »

Wayne Rooney to be sent off when he elbows someone or when he tells the ref to go forth and multiply.
They really should be beating teams like us

York Alty

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 07:48:53 AM »

revolving triangular cross bars. 

timbo13

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 08:53:23 AM »

And then the can of worms opens as to whether they should revolve towards the goal line or into the air..

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 09:39:24 AM »

And then the can of worms opens as to whether they should revolve towards the goal line or into the air..

Nah, have them revolve like propellers.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 10:58:47 AM »

I think we should go back to using jackets for goalposts.......................
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rule Changes up for discussion.......