PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 leek monsters
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: leek monsters  (Read 7439 times)

Jenga

Re: leek monsters
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 12:18:10 PM »

I would like to give my take on this as I was there for all of the events that happened.

In the bar before kick off me and another were sat having a pint next to some lads who had heard from a reliable source that Alty fans were here to "kick off". They also heard that Alty fans started on Chester fans. I can categorically say that these rumours were denied by myself and the person with me. In fact I would go as far as to say I was trying to reasure them in case they were worried. (little did I know it as these idiots at the end of the game).

During the game people could see what was happening with the conga and people coming into our end for a sing song.

After the game there was no trouble outside and our group (about 14 of us) walked to the pub next to the ground and ordered our drinks. Some of the group went to sit away from the bar in a corner minding their own business. Some were at the bar ordering drinks and chatting.

The group of fans I was talking to at the start of the game decided to argue and instrigate trouble in the pub, particularly the small guy in the purple shirt. Even his mates said to me he cant control himself. At this point i moved to our group in the corner to warn them of the trouble brewing and we even checked doors to ensure we had a quick exit in case we got rushed. There was ultimately no trouble in the pub.

Someone received a text message or a phone call to say two of our group were in trouble outside and being circled by Leeks fans ( possibly Leek, Stoke or Port Vale - who knows). At that point we all got up and went outside (safety in numbers). We approached the group and they seemed to disperse as we approached them, probably as we out numbered them. No fighting occurred.

As we starting walking back to the pub we saw about 10-20 of their fans running towards us. Probably in retaliation to us all rushing out of the pub leaving our beer.

At this point a fight did occur with maybe 3 or 4 per side. Punches were thrown.

We all moved away up the hill including away from the Leek, Stoke, Vale fans just as a Police car came down the hill - Luckily.

The Leek, Stoke, Vale fans moved away back to the pub and I went over to the Police to ask them to stay with us, which they did.

I called the Taxi to arrive quicker than order and it came on time to pick us just as the Leek, Stoke, Vale fans started to approach us again. I informed the Police of these fans so that they were aware of who they were.

As the taxi arrived we were missing two people and we received a text message to say one of them had been hit as both were jumped on. Luckily as the taxi turned up and we pulled away we saw them, we opened the back and side door and they both jumped in and off we went to hand jestures from the Leek,Stoke, Vale fans.

For the record I heard they were Vale fans, but who knows.

All in all a ruined day.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 12:25:15 PM »

What I don't understand is if you want to fight, fair enough, but why start with people who clearly don't want any trouble?  Go and fight with someone who wants it.

Bullies don't like fighting with people if there is a chance they'll lose....
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 12:26:58 PM »

I would be interested to see if any one is registered on the Leek forum to see what they say as my account of the events is exactly what happened.

Altrincham were in NO WAY to blame at all.

joe

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 01:34:19 PM »

I would like to give my take on this as I was there for all of the events that happened.

In the bar before kick off me and another were sat having a pint next to some lads who had heard from a reliable source that Alty fans were here to "kick off". They also heard that Alty fans started on Chester fans. I can categorically say that these rumours were denied by myself and the person with me. In fact I would go as far as to say I was trying to reasure them in case they were worried. (little did I know it as these idiots at the end of the game).

During the game people could see what was happening with the conga and people coming into our end for a sing song.

After the game there was no trouble outside and our group (about 14 of us) walked to the pub next to the ground and ordered our drinks. Some of the group went to sit away from the bar in a corner minding their own business. Some were at the bar ordering drinks and chatting.

The group of fans I was talking to at the start of the game decided to argue and instrigate trouble in the pub, particularly the small guy in the purple shirt. Even his mates said to me he cant control himself. At this point i moved to our group in the corner to warn them of the trouble brewing and we even checked doors to ensure we had a quick exit in case we got rushed. There was ultimately no trouble in the pub.

Someone received a text message or a phone call to say two of our group were in trouble outside and being circled by Leeks fans ( possibly Leek, Stoke or Port Vale - who knows). At that point we all got up and went outside (safety in numbers). We approached the group and they seemed to disperse as we approached them, probably as we out numbered them. No fighting occurred.

As we starting walking back to the pub we saw about 10-20 of their fans running towards us. Probably in retaliation to us all rushing out of the pub leaving our beer.

At this point a fight did occur with maybe 3 or 4 per side. Punches were thrown.

We all moved away up the hill including away from the Leek, Stoke, Vale fans just as a Police car came down the hill - Luckily.

The Leek, Stoke, Vale fans moved away back to the pub and I went over to the Police to ask them to stay with us, which they did.

I called the Taxi to arrive quicker than order and it came on time to pick uqs just as the Leek, Stoke, Vale fans started to approach us again. I informed the Police of these fans so that they were aware of who they were.
O
As the taxi arrived we were missing two people and we received a text message to say one of them had been hit as both were jumped on. Luckily as the taxi turned up and we pulled away we saw them, we opened the back and side door and they both jumped in and off we went to hand jestures from the Leek,Stoke, Vale fans.

For the record I heard they were Vale fans, but who knows.

All in all a ruined day.

A perfect summary Teaser. Ruined a good day out although the Macc picture cheered us up a bit on the way home:-)

York Alty

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012, 03:43:51 PM »

I would be interested to see if any one is registered on the Leek forum to see what they say as my account of the events is exactly what happened.

Altrincham were in NO WAY to blame at all.

Nobody ever got reg'd on their forum.  They like to keep things in-house up there y'know.  They like to keep things 'in the family'.

Seriously though this game should have been segregated.  As soon as somebody says "Vale" then for me it's segregated. End of debate.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 04:06:53 PM »

By the sounds of it these lads wanted some contact with our supporters.  If it was segregated would that have really stopped people intent on causing trouble, wouldnt they just come into our end at the start of the game?

From what I remember for the Port Vale FA cup game, their lot were in our end even with their local plod.  That game was segregated but the game became a bit of a farce with all the trouble in our end.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:11:05 PM by Knutty Alty »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 leek monsters