News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Welcome FA Cup news !

Author Topic: Welcome FA Cup news !  (Read 2479 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Welcome FA Cup news !
« on: September 29, 2010, 12:19:39 PM »

Vics lost their FAC QR2 replay at home last night to Sheffield FC. So no big TV game for them this season.

The only reason I mention it was I was throughly p***ed off last season (and jealous). They were able to get big TV coverage when they should not have even been allowed to enter the competition following their disgraceful behaviour when they refused to pay the share of the gate to another club. I believe they withheld payment for almost 6 months and in the end the fans paid it.

I think the FA have yet to release the TV money to Vics so far.......

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome FA Cup news !
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 12:32:24 PM »

Mick,

Couldn't agree with you more.

Vics should have been suspended from the FA Cup for at least two seasons as a result of their disgraceful 'delayed' payment of Telford United's share of the gate receipts from a tie played at The Drill Field a couple of years ago.

Incidentally, has anyone heard if Jim Rushe has bought the ground yet or is he still 83% certain that the deal will go through any day now?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 12:56:31 PM »

Vics lost their FAC QR2 replay at home last night to Sheffield FC. So no big TV game for them this season.

The only reason I mention it was I was throughly p***ed off last season (and jealous). They were able to get big TV coverage when they should not have even been allowed to enter the competition following their disgraceful behaviour when they refused to pay the share of the gate to another club. I believe they withheld payment for almost 6 months and in the end the fans paid it.

I think the FA have yet to release the TV money to Vics so far.......

Says a lot about the fans & the owners of the club - the fans seem to be the redeeming feature!

vic

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »

We were crap last night, Pretty much dominated the game with our new big ball to Mcalisky tactics but created little.
Ground still not bought and won't be for a while as don't think we can afford the repayments.
Meeting at the VS with the fa today about the fa cup money so the outcome is anybodys guess.
Thought we might be meeting pretty soon but if we reproduce last night very often we are going nowhere.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 02:20:33 AM »

How long can you hold back payment of fa cup money ..?? is it linked to CVA or footballing debts ?

Graham

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 09:32:43 AM »

How long can you hold back payment of fa cup money ..?? is it linked to CVA or footballing debts ?

depends whether you are Premiership (Portsmouth) or Non-league.

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 07:50:40 PM »

depends whether you are Premiership (Portsmouth) or Non-league.

...and how brazenly bent you are !
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Welcome FA Cup news !