News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half Time Today

Author Topic: Half Time Today  (Read 2312 times)

Daycare Dan

Half Time Today
« on: September 15, 2007, 09:58:32 PM »

With the team 1-0 down at half time and in need of some direction as we were doing nothing why was Heathcote stood on the pitch watching the subs warm up? Should he not have been in the changing rooms give the side engorgement and hopefully some direction. I presume this task was left to Dalton? Heathcote then spent most of the second half leaning against the pitch side fence not looking too interested.

Motivation of the side should be a high priority for us, but this needs to be shown from the manager downwards and this was not visible today.

I am beginning to wonder if Heathcote will fall on his own sword if things don't improve in the next two games.

altyf

Re: Half Time Today
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »

All I can say us Graham was an ebarrasment to the fans and club today, didnt say a word, no encouragement, no tactics...nothing...he walked around the centre circle at half time...just stood there!!!!

I dont know what else to say!  ??? ??? ???

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:57:36 AM »

I think that's a bit unfair - possibly GH was letting Dalton run things for one game, to see if a different approach would make a difference. It didn't.

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:06:42 AM »

It wasn't really a different approach though was it?

Daycare Dan

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 12:06:06 PM »

I think that's a bit unfair - possibly GH was letting Dalton run things for one game, to see if a different approach would make a difference. It didn't.

No disrespect to Dalton, but why would GH do that. GH is the manager he should be sorting the players out at half time, not Dalton.

I personally think GH was sulking at the performance, that  or he did not know what to do. Either worries me.

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 12:12:36 PM »

When your backs are to the wall you look to your leader for some inspiration. If your leader is nowhere to be seen what effect must that have on the team?

I've got nothing against GH as a person, but yesterday made me very angry indeed. Woking were shocking and we made them look better than they were. The players we've got are capable of performing far better than they did and I think it was down to team selection and poor tactics that we came away from there with nothing. Their keeper hardly had a thing to do all afternoon and that is scary. A good side would have scored 7 or 8 past us and that's no exaggeration.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 02:59:26 PM »

I started reading this thread as though it was a joke.

Clearly is not a joke though.

Well if something like this happens we are in real trouble.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half Time Today