News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My football club

Author Topic: My football club  (Read 2884 times)

chrisrufc

My football club
« on: June 04, 2007, 02:29:42 PM »

http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

How good would it be, if Alty was the club chosen!

teasybeaver

Re: My football club
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 02:38:04 PM »

In a word 'awful'!

The idea for this is to save a football club being run badly by idiots in its current state. It would be amazing for Crawley or Boston, not Alty. If you think 50,000 random football fans could run the club better than the current board of directors then you need help.

Imagine the club being run by people who support our rivals, making internet decisions when they come home from the pub?

I've signed up for this but it'll never happen and i'd only do it at the expense of someone elses club, its a great idea with too many flaws!

chrisrufc

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 03:18:38 PM »

I think you are wrong on this one.  If it gets going then it'll be good for whatever club gets chosen, I can't believe that the majority of 50,000 people will make stupid decisions on a regular basis.

I would feel sorry for the current manager and I would prefer him to be choosing my side rather than 50,000 randoms but the extra income would far outweigh the negatives for anyone from League One level down.

teasybeaver

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 03:47:08 PM »

I still think your average football fan won't be able to make the right decisions in comparison to the people we have in charge. And how long will the interest last? Can see the bubble bursting somewhere down the line here.

You'd be suprised how little an effect 1.3 million will have, look at Boston, they owe over 3 million as it is! What happens when people run out of ideas to change things, the commitment will flounder.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I for one would be gutted if they took over Alty, thankfully it is not a possibility!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 08:32:44 PM »

I can't believe that the majority of 50,000 people will make stupid decisions on a regular basis.

I can!

To be honest, how many of these people are really going to care about the club they are running? We are lucky to have a board that do.

Maybe they could buy Leeds, they can't make it any worse than it is now!!  ;D

mikeford2005

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 09:34:49 PM »

I dont understand why Leeds is at the top there, Would 1.3million actually do alot of difference there, seen as how messed up they seem to be at the moment. Now a conf/conf(n/s) or possibly league 2 team, this would make a big difference, as long as the 'investors' were serious.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 08:05:31 AM »

It may sound like a good idea, but then, so did installing democracy in Iraq.....except no-one asked the Iraqis what they thought about it  So, politically correct imperialism rears its ugly head in football....

The idea that you can be a supporter of a football club by owning shares in a quasi-democratic entity running it is a complete nonsense. Being a supporter is a lifelong enterprise....not a transaction on the internet.

If this  comes anywhere near Alty, or for that matter, any other decent non league football club with its own history, traditions and band of diehard supporters, then I'll be joining those supporters in the insurgency.

Vive la Revolution!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 08:39:53 AM »

I dont understand why Leeds is at the top there, Would 1.3million actually do alot of difference there, seen as how messed up they seem to be at the moment. Now a conf/conf(n/s) or possibly league 2 team, this would make a big difference, as long as the 'investors' were serious.

Ken Bates is working on the 1p in the £ model. It would be like donating £130,000,000 to them. :P

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »

If this  comes anywhere near Alty, or for that matter, any other decent non league football club with its own history, traditions and band of diehard supporters, then I'll be joining those supporters in the insurgency.

However if it's Accrington...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My football club