PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New shirt for next season
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New shirt for next season  (Read 5384 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 07, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »

At the ground today there was some sought of juniour football tournament going on one of the teams must be one of the formley named Hale Barns united teams were wearing the new Alty home strip for next season i must admit having seen the shirt on a coat hanger it looked even better being worn am sure GW will agree with me.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 12:31:23 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New shirt for next season
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:41:18 PM »

The new shirts indeed looked good, and with a plethera of boys/girls teams wearing them next year it increases the awareness of the club.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 05:54:03 PM »

Thanks for the compliments Alty Dave and Darren. Anybody wanting one for the summer, contact Jenny, they are available to order, long and short sleeve version's.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 07:50:35 PM »

Must agree the the new kit looked excellent. Wasn't sure if it was a kids tournament or close season trials though  ;D

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 08:03:20 PM »

Must agree the the new kit looked excellent. Wasn't sure if it was a kids tournament or close season trials though  ;D
It was a tournament  Hale barns under tens won there league
@AltyDaz

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 11:46:32 PM »

Should that not be Altrincham FC Juniors!!!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 05:34:27 PM »

Should that not be Altrincham FC Juniors!!!
Yes it should sorry little mistake there, There is only the under 15 team still as Hale barns utd as they have a couple of fixtures still to play
@AltyDaz

radcliffe alty

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 09:07:59 PM »

One question actually about shirts. Who decides the style/colour of shirt for each season? Obviously the home kit is fairly easy to sort out - and I very much like next season's shirt. But who decides on the away kit for each season? Do the club ask for a specific design/colour or is something just offered and the club say yes or no?

Maybe an idea could be to have a ballot each season where fans pay a pound each (for example) to enter and then get to vote on a set number of shirt designs/colours home and away, with the most voted for being aired that season. Or is it not that simple? Perhaps something for the ideas4alty page.

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 09:43:47 PM »

when i was aboot 9 there was a thing on the tannoy at some of the later home games of the season asking what colour the away shirt for the following season should be. i dont remember entirely though. vote system would be good, or get people to design their own and then give them to the club who pick say their favourite 5 and then people vote?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »

well said, i for one arent happy about us playing in blue away from home, why would we wont to play in are main rivals colours?

Alex

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 09:46:49 PM »

good plan would be a good way to make money and would be good to see what kind of designs get made.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 09:54:56 PM »

I have suggested it on ideas4alty. Perhaps Ex GK can clarify how the arrangements for the kits work with the club?

Pesonally I wouldn't mind the black and gold stripes again!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 11:48:29 PM »

cue ballers, i remember him telling of a time when this happened...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 12:14:14 AM »

Huh :)

I think I remember something where there was a choice of 3 away strips and non playing members of the squad (no not Justin) modelled them before kick off and Mark Harris or Rafo or Ecky(??) waffled away on the mike. Anyway, people were in the bar and not paying attention or were numbed after anotherseason of Unibond nonsense. It may even have resulted in that orange farce.

Anyway, a better idea given our community based focus would be to open it up as a competition to local primary school pupils to design the kits, we (I would offer my time) could go into school with a video, pics of Wembley 78 and a bit of Alty bible bashing to get them into the swing of things, i.e point out the red and white stripe heritage. Kids love this sort of thing, the winner gets a free season ticket and his school get a  hundred free tickets to some home game or soemthing or get selected as featured school etc. I know FC United did this very successfully (whatever you may think about them they do use their pull and fan base brilliantly to do a lot of things that in all honesty it would be nice for us to emulate - Bhopal appeal, raising money for the lads wheelchair, big coats for the homeless day, kick racism out etc). Good idea I think.

That said, when I did my GSCE Technology in 95, my project was on football merchanide for a sports club (us). Now, I like to think I'm a solid Alty fan but by Goi if ever the Robins had turned out in the monstrosity that I created I think the club would've been shut down (thick wavy diagonal red and black stripes  :o)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 07:42:55 AM »

Without going into to much detail, shirts are changed on a 2 year rota, so season 2008/09 should see a change in the away shirt. With reference to design's, it is a lot easier to supply a "stock" shirt, as is the case with Prostar's range, than a specifically designed shirt when you, the supporters, want a replica at short notice. I can get a current shirt within a week generallly, a specifically designed shirt would probably need minimum orders of upto 25 pieces at a time to be viable, and take upto 6 weeks to deliver.  Hope that helps with any queries.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team