News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FTAO Ecky and Gaz

Author Topic: FTAO Ecky and Gaz  (Read 2759 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
FTAO Ecky and Gaz
« on: April 29, 2007, 10:36:11 PM »

Sorry to be an old fuddy duddy and wanting censorship, but can we create another forum page for our under 15 friends...........their posts are becoming rather tedius and are preventing serious debate and discussion

They can then talk about Stu's heart attack and international footballing bus drivers at lenth with each other
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Daycare Dan

Re: FTAO Ecky and Gaz
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 10:53:42 PM »

It's a tough one this, the kids chatter is frustrating for some, but their use of this forum I think it a byproduct of how well the club has done in encouraging younger fans to support the club. If we ban them, or limit their ability to use the boards, we might be shooting ourselves in the foot in the long run?

Perhaps a hafway house would be a list of board rules ie no post saying "yea I agree" and no "text" speak? We want to make sure we involve as many people as possible.

There's my 2p.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 11:06:05 PM »

some of them ie big haired mike seem pretty mature for 16 year olds or whatever he is .some constructive intelligent comments from him.how many under 14s do we reckon made up the crod on sat? any ideas ?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 08:40:39 AM »

Agree that we should have a 'no text speak' rule (don't just limit it to the kids I might add). I've noticed a few regulars not posting recently - maybe down to the kids (over)posting?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 08:52:57 AM »

TBH i have 2 agree wit this no txt spk its very annoying imo i cant understand a word ov it maself. I lmao with some ov these posts which tbf make no sense  ;)

PS Well never die well never die well never die well never die well keep the red flag flying high cos altrincham well never die.
Come on you red and white........

teasybeaver

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 09:27:05 AM »

Perhaps we could also make another forum for the over 35's who come on here moaning about youngsters. And whilst we're at it, lets create another one for women cos theyre opinions count for nothing anyway. Further to this I think that we should introduce a thorough spellcheck system, and every post should be approved before being 'posted'. This way we can also filter out any comments which may offend anyone or oppose the clubs ideals!

Or maybe we should just wake up to 2007 and just not read the posts by said 'kids' if we dont want to!

Perfect time to drive the kids away from the club, great idea!

Anyone for a pint of 'dictators' bitter?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 12:03:11 PM »

If we start one for over 55's who are absolutetly gutted to be going to Vauxhall and Leigh again but will be going there nevertheless - and furthermore believe that we can't see too many youngsters on here getting the Alty bug early, then put me down for it.

As a matter of fact, I felt about 14 myself when the final whistle went at Stoke  :o
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 12:09:28 PM »

To be honest, the biggest sickener for me is the fact that I wanted to see Alty get in the League in my lifetime.
That seemed possible in the 60's and the late 70's/eatly 80's; then again in the 90's.
This third relegation in the last 10 years or so has brought it home to me that footbal has changed fundamentally over the years and it's never going to happen.
A bitter pill to swallow at my age!

Cheers up somewhat:  I'll just have to will the Lottery I suppose  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 12:11:36 PM »

I really cant believe this thread.

Shut up and let the kids speak however they wish.

They are the new blood to the club.

Sometimes I despair I really do  ::)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 12:16:03 PM »

I really cant believe this thread. Shut up and let the kids speak however they wish. They are the new blood to the club

Jenga, I agree with you - infact I already have done on this thread;

... and furthermore believe that we can't see too many youngsters on here getting the Alty bug early ...

PS: Don't know why you've got negative Karma when you usually seem to make sense to me!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 12:17:45 PM by Saughall Robin »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FTAO Ecky and Gaz