PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon to be full time in 5 years
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Curzon to be full time in 5 years  (Read 12663 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon to be full time in 5 years
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 07:09:55 AM »

Sale Holmfield is spot on, particularly with the phrase ,of the will is there' despite Pukka's pathetic bleatings the Will hasn't been there. It manifests itself in the difference between us and FGR a couple of seasons ago when we mumbled a few half arsed paragraphs in the messenger while they clubbed together for a full page advert in the finanacial times,

There have been no end of obstacles to the CSH but the will has been there. I'm pretty sure we could open up use of gym equipment to certain groups to satisfy the criteria.

Back to the main point though is that the ambition and plan for where we want to be in 5 or 6 years has to shape our thinking. I don't think we should do it at this minute (full time) but you decide whether to head towards that route with cheap young rejects or whether you pull in any loans from the CSH (or stop loaning it money) in order to fund an imperative promotion campaign to avoid further loss of support, income etc.

What is quite simply not an option is bumbling along as if this is an unfortunate accident - it doesn't happen to well run, financially stable ambitious clubs - and patronising anyone who thinks otherwise.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2017, 09:26:39 AM »

Some very good points and observations from the previous posters.I think now we are going to be playing at such a pathetic level is the time to do it. You blend the part time players with the full time lads and never lose the flexibility. Your Tuesday and Thursday training sessions remain evening sessions for as long as you think it's helpful. There's the development squad in the ground every day without any problems so I see little problem with a full time playing squad being around also. Your main extra expense would be on laundry bills and shower usage. People will say you've got to feed them. And yes, much like at carrington where I spend a bit of time. Porridge, wholemeal Toast and fruit available for breakfasts. Proteins, Pulses and Pastas available for lunches. You want something else bring your own. Hell there's a clean eating bar opposite the ground now. Get him knocking the lunches up for advertising exposure if needs be. This as someone else has mentioned has long been the problem here. No clear ambition or intent beyond treading water and telling the rest of nonleague football how we pay our bills on time whilst they all fly past us into the football league. And once you tread water for too long, you get tired, you get cramp and then you drown.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:28:44 AM by Tommy Dickfingers »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2017, 11:23:52 AM »

Next season we will be playing Evo Stick football in front of crowds of 200. To suggest that we go full time is madness. Who on earth worth their salt is going to agree to being a full time player in the Evo Stick league? Our best bet at that level is to try and get hold of decent part time players. They are out there, its just we have now had a couple of years of really poor recruitment. It started with Lee replacing Peter Cavanagh with Josh O'Keefe and then Neil Young bringing in 25 garbage footballers. I would still love to know what happened around this time last year to make Lee decide to call it day...

Full time in the National league is a possibility, but definitely not for the Evo Stick League.

bumble

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 11:30:38 AM »

Some very good points and observations from the previous posters.I think now we are going to be playing at such a pathetic level is the time to do it. You blend the part time players with the full time lads and never lose the flexibility. Your Tuesday and Thursday training sessions remain evening sessions for as long as you think it's helpful. There's the development squad in the ground every day without any problems so I see little problem with a full time playing squad being around also. Your main extra expense would be on laundry bills and shower usage. People will say you've got to feed them. And yes, much like at carrington where I spend a bit of time. Porridge, wholemeal Toast and fruit available for breakfasts. Proteins, Pulses and Pastas available for lunches. You want something else bring your own. Hell there's a clean eating bar opposite the ground now. Get him knocking the lunches up for advertising exposure if needs be. This as someone else has mentioned has long been the problem here. No clear ambition or intent beyond treading water and telling the rest of nonleague football how we pay our bills on time whilst they all fly past us into the football league. And once you tread water for too long, you get tired, you get cramp and then you drown.

Between the eat clean guys, Trafford college and pure gym or bells gym, we could quite easily take care a huge amount of pressure of club finances.

Tranmere have local university students make up the support network.

We regularly have companies approaching via social media wanting endorsement in exchange for discounts/deals.

The plan should be to put in background work now to be full time in 3 years by which time I expect us to have won the Evo Stik and be challenging the conference north

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 11:35:35 AM »

Lots of sensible, considered opinions on here from people who probably have more of a business-sense than myself. Some seem to be strongly in favour of implementing a quick change while others are trying to consider a bigger picture from their own perspective. At the end of the day we all want to see the Football Club progress into a stronger, more efficient entity than it already is.

Before any on-the-pitch change I think its essential that we get the infrastructure sorted behind the scenes.

Kidderminster and Fylde have full-time, dedicated departments that work on facets like media, marketing, advertisement and fundraising. You can't expect the Club to go full-time without things like that in place. We can't place the strain of finding more sponsorship deals on the people who already have enough on their plate. Sorting out a deal with a gym for the squad is a forward-thinking idea, but we can't expect the Club to be able to actively seek out things like that in its current state. Simply, who's there to do it?

If you're going to run the Football Club on a full-time basis, you bring in extra office staff to mirror that. People who can dedicate their time towards revitalising attendances through marketing, experienced events staff to co-ordinate more frequent and more efficient fundraisers. My worry is that going full-time without getting that sorted would result in a half-arsed attempt at progression. Next season is the perfect opportunity to start implementing this change, so by the time we hit the National League North again we have it ready. Then we can look at making the transition to full-time football.

In our current state we will attract a better squad by staying part-time. Any decent full-time player will demand good money, money that we can't afford to give them next season. If we go full-time and bulk the squad with academy drop outs we risk twenty possible Andrew Dawber scenarios.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2017, 11:48:15 AM »

We can't compete for part time players with clubs I've never heard at the moment and that's after selling a player into the premier league, and having a great cup run. How's that going to change next year with less funding both central and through the door unless we stop running on the model of a family business and get some serious f**king hard nosed clout on the BOD?

Matt Taylor

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2017, 06:51:40 PM »

I would love us to be full time, so would the people who run the club,... its how you pay for it without making us bankrupt that's the hard part without a benefactor,... who by the way has never materialised.
If anyone with serious credentials who has remotely shown interest in the club has/would be welcomed with open arms. Just never happened to my knowledge.

Hi Ian.

If the current board/chairman wish to continue with this narrative then may I suggest that they, plus the major shareholders (and the next tier down of shareholders such as yourself for that matter), get together ASAP and announce how much of the club is potentially available for purchase, if any, and at what cost.

If the custodians of the club would be as welcoming to outside investment as you claim, but aren't prepared to be proactive in appealing for any such people to come forward, then I am sure there are plenty of fans who would be happy to assist in spreading the word.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 06:13:21 PM »

Sale Holmfield is spot on, particularly with the phrase ,of the will is there' despite Pukka's pathetic bleatings the Will hasn't been there. It manifests itself in the difference between us and FGR a couple of seasons ago when we mumbled a few half arsed paragraphs in the messenger while they clubbed together for a full page advert in the finanacial times,

There have been no end of obstacles to the CSH but the will has been there. I'm pretty sure we could open up use of gym equipment to certain groups to satisfy the criteria.

Back to the main point though is that the ambition and plan for where we want to be in 5 or 6 years has to shape our thinking. I don't think we should do it at this minute (full time) but you decide whether to head towards that route with cheap young rejects or whether you pull in any loans from the CSH (or stop loaning it money) in order to fund an imperative promotion campaign to avoid further loss of support, income etc.

What is quite simply not an option is bumbling along as if this is an unfortunate accident - it doesn't happen to well run, financially stable ambitious clubs - and patronising anyone who thinks otherwise.

There must be some serious money sloshing around at FGR. I've just looked it up. One full page advert in the FT is yours for £58K.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2017, 06:38:36 PM »

Well quite! It's aimed at rich people so won't be cheap. It's a bit of an extreme example as I think they were just about to go under so it was quite literally sh*t or bust at the time.

But it does illustrate levels of seriousness.

But if you're going to pay for our advert CC then it's all good anyway!

bumble

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 09:55:04 PM »

There must be some serious money sloshing around at FGR. I've just looked it up. One full page advert in the FT is yours for £58K.

That's the official rate. It's not always the paid rate.

there are alternate options such as advetorial etc.. which are more cost effective.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2017, 10:01:11 PM »

It wasn't a full page advert but pedantry aside it was an idea that's taken them far beyond where anyone could have dreamed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/forest_green_rovers/8682728.stm
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon to be full time in 5 years