News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Denham and Dale Johnson

Author Topic: Chris Denham and Dale Johnson  (Read 2856 times)

stevio

« on: August 27, 2008, 08:45:36 PM »

Hi Alty Fans! Droylsden fan here! How's Chris Denham(The White Henry) and Dale Johnson settling in at your club?Chrissy D was a legend at The Butchers Arms.He was one of the few player's to come out with any real credit last season for us(the other's were Jody Banim and Paul Phillips,now at Burton and Stalybridge,respectively).Johnson was only with us for the last couple of months of the season(on loan from Hyde),and spent most of it on the treatment table.His best moment came when he scored at Gray's infront of the Setanta camera's.Anyway,good luck for this season.I will try and catch you next time you're on Setanta. ;)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Denham and Dale Johnson
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:57:15 PM »

Denham has performed well, and puts in 100% everytime I've seen him.

Johnson is a good target man, hopefully he will get better.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:23:29 PM »

Denham is a wuality player and gives us that something different up front or on the wings when he runs at the defenders and gives them something to worry about.

Dale was absolutely awesome against woking and has looked good when i've seen him since. Think he is brilliant but much better when people play into his feet when he can get the ball down and turn.

Think criticism against Dale is unfair and was by far and away the man of the match at woking and didnt stop runing even when he blatantly had a knock.

2 very good ignings in my opinion.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »

Denham is a wuality player and gives us that something different up front or on the wings when he runs at the defenders and gives them something to worry about.

Dale was absolutely awesome against woking and has looked good when i've seen him since. Think he is brilliant but much better when people play into his feet when he can get the ball down and turn.

Think criticism against Dale is unfair and was by far and away the man of the match at woking and didnt stop runing even when he blatantly had a knock.

2 very good ignings in my opinion.

You'll never get into Oxford with typing like that!  ;D

stevio

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 09:34:12 PM »

Pleased that they seem to be doing the biz.Maybe we can draw you in The FA Trophy and welcome them back to The Butcher's Arms.Why aren't you in The Manchester Premier Cup? Do you play in a Cheshire version of instead?We've been drawn at home to Irlam in our's,whoever they are,apparantly in North West Counties Division Two.We might have a chance of winning one of the cups this season,after all!!!

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »

We're in the Cheshire Senior Cup. The Premier Cup is for the League teams here.

stevio

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 09:51:49 PM »

I think that's the one Stalybridge also enter.For some reason,Hyde Utd play in both the Manchester and Cheshire one's!As for FC United of Manchester,they've given the Manchester Premier Cup a miss altogether this season.I don't think that'll have gone down well with the Manchester FA,though.Suppose it's a bit like Man Utd giving the FA Cup a miss for a season a few year's back,after they went to play The World Club Cup,after winning the Champions League in 1999.Big club mentality! ???

altyf

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 10:33:13 PM »

Chris Denham is the winger we've been missing for years, someone who can run at a man and has pace and skill. He's lived up to all expectation in my opinion.

Dale Johnson looks like a class striker and could prove to be a huge asset if we can get a game plan to suit him. Although he is good in the air and is the tall striker we've been looking for, we have to get it into his feet more often as we did against Woking. He looks like he could be a real handful if we can get the ball into him in the right areas.

Both quality signings but still more to come from both I feel.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 11:54:48 AM »

Pleased that they seem to be doing the biz.Maybe we can draw you in The FA Trophy and welcome them back to The Butcher's Arms.Why aren't you in The Manchester Premier Cup? Do you play in a Cheshire version of instead?

We are from Cheshire.

We are not from Manchester.

The qualification for entry to the Cheshire Cup is to have areas of leafy woodland somewhere in your area. Hence us in there and Droylsden in the Manchester concrete cup.  ;)

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 01:32:42 PM »

Pleased that they seem to be doing the biz.Maybe we can draw you in The FA Trophy and welcome them back to The Butcher's Arms.Why aren't you in The Manchester Premier Cup? Do you play in a Cheshire version of instead?

We are from Cheshire.

We are not from Manchester.

The qualification for entry to the Cheshire Cup is to have areas of leafy woodland somewhere in your area. Hence us in there and Droylsden in the Manchester concrete cup.  ;)

To be fair, Warrington and Crewe are in Cheshire. I'd sooner live in plenty of Mancunian suburbs than those two!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team