PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blyth MATCH OFF
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blyth MATCH OFF  (Read 5395 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Blyth MATCH OFF
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 03:58:05 PM »

Toebar ???
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 04:32:10 PM »

And so the farce of non league football begins, when will they learn? The game and its environment has evolved so much there should be a winter break at least in non league where resources are limited, daja vu

As you said,the game has evolved, and so has ways to keep pitches in shape.You look at the pitch at Moss Lane,and nowadays it would take a storm of epic proportions to see the game postponed to a waterlogged pitch.

I do agree on a winter break though, just doesn't have to be December like people say. Get the traditional festive fixtures and FA Cup 3rd Round day, then have maybe 2 weeks off.

Suppose the weather is bad over Xmas and 3rd round weekend, and it then improves for when the break is scheduled to take place?  What's the historic difference between an English climate in late December and mid January?

The biggest problem with a winter break at this level in this country is that you cannot guarantee when pitches will be unplayable.  And if resources are limited at this level why  axe games where gates are often their highest?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:39:12 PM by Bob »

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 04:54:22 PM »

And so the farce of non league football begins, when will they learn? The game and its environment has evolved so much there should be a winter break at least in non league where resources are limited, daja vu

As you said,the game has evolved, and so has ways to keep pitches in shape.You look at the pitch at Moss Lane,and nowadays it would take a storm of epic proportions to see the game postponed to a waterlogged pitch.

I do agree on a winter break though, just doesn't have to be December like people say. Get the traditional festive fixtures and FA Cup 3rd Round day, then have maybe 2 weeks off.

Suppose the weather is bad over Xmas and 3rd round weekend, and it then improves for when the break is scheduled to take place?  What's the historic difference between an English climate in late December and mid January?

The biggest problem with a winter break at this level in this country is that you cannot guarantee when pitches will be unplayable.  And if resources are limited at this level why  axe games where gates are often their highest?

Exactly, debate over in my book. We'll end up in a worse situation more often than not.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »

no winter break.  NO WINTER BREAK.
a winter break would solve nothing but add to the poncification of our winter game.

NO WINTER BREAK

arnald

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 05:48:44 PM »

no winter break.  NO WINTER BREAK.
a winter break would solve nothing but add to the poncification of our winter game.

NO WINTER BREAK
                           i agree
                         with health and safety covering out side the ground and beyond ,thare will be many games postponed ,but why change the callender

whopper

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 06:39:55 PM »

Id rather watch alty in June than nothing in December personally

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 06:47:58 PM »

Id rather watch alty in June than nothing in December personally

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 07:15:43 PM »

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth
In which league?

Regarding a winter break - it's an idea floated by the big clubs so that they can squeeze in a winter trip to china or the USA to play some lucrative friendlies. It holds no merit at this level.

Anyway, must go and get my toebra to get me out of the muck.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Blyth MATCH OFF