News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We did really wel today

Author Topic: We did really wel today  (Read 3272 times)

markecky

We did really wel today
« on: March 22, 2008, 05:53:38 PM »

Writing from the coach, today was a great perfomance.  We were always supposed to lose but in the end we were undone be a wonder free kick and an amazing Bull save.

Today was a million miles from Grays.

yes no points, but confidence for Mondays crucial game

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: We did really wel today
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »

Yes agreed. Just back , a bit disappointed but as Ecky says, a million miles from Grays. Why oh why can't we do that every week, we'd be upper mid table. Carry it on though and we will get results against lesser teams than the Shots.

Come on Alty we CAN do this.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 06:03:34 PM »

Writing from the coach, today was a great perfomance.  We were always supposed to lose but in the end we were undone be a wonder free kick and an amazing Bull save.

Today was a million miles from Grays.

yes no points, but confidence for Mondays crucial game
In fact Ecky, you won't have heard this as you were there but their own commentators said Bull's save was the save of the season for Aldershot!!  Typical that it was against us!

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:13:33 PM »

Just got back and I totally agree with the above. It was everything that the Grays performance wasn't - creative, gutsy and at times executed quite brilliantly. If only we had played half as well as this last week we would have won at a canter. Special mention for Joe O'Neill who I thought was outstanding today as were Colin Little and Chris Senior. They gave their defence a torrid time for long periods. Chris Lane was awesome as well.

Well done to all the lads for today it really showed what our players are truly capable of. Another 7 performances like that and I think we can do it!

3 points on Monday please!

Come on Alty!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 08:26:07 PM »

Agree with the above. A great effort today against the best team in this League. We deserved something today. A repeat of todays performance should see off the likes of Stafford, Weymouth. Salisbury and Kiddy.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »

Just got back and I totally agree with the above. It was everything that the Grays performance wasn't - creative, gutsy and at times executed quite brilliantly. If only we had played half as well as this last week we would have won at a canter. Special mention for Joe O'Neill who I thought was outstanding today as were Colin Little and Chris Senior. They gave their defence a torrid time for long periods. Chris Lane was awesome as well.

That's the bit that really hurts, to be honest.
A wasted opportunity, surely?

I just hope that the negative shackles haven't been removed too late.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

joe

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 04:18:43 AM »

That's the bit that really hurts, to be honest.
A wasted opportunity, surely?

I just hope that the negative shackles haven't been removed too late.

This is what really grinds at me too. Great,we played well today,but if we'd attacked earlier in the season like we did today we wouldn't be in this position now,we'd be in mid table comfort. Seven games left,get behind the boys and COME ON ALTY!!!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 09:09:11 AM »

We proved that if we attack teams we give ourselves a chance, and against the runaway leaders it was a close gamethat we sould have easily have got something out of. Their fans were making whistle noises as soon as we were in added time, and that tells its own story.

0pts but a lot of hope. The players deserved the support and appreciation at the end. VERY proud of everyone of them. Now lets take that into Monday and get 3pts. WE CAN DO IT.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 10:40:44 AM »

Yes, it was like watching 2 different teams, the contrast from Grays incredible. In bizarre weather conditions and against the noisy home support as ever it was a really passionate top notch effort. Why we go to places like Stevenage, Cambridge and Aldershot and give them all a real go then go to Rushden and Grays and play awful in winnable games I have no idea. I can't be there on Monday but I am confident we will do Stafford now, it's back on.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »

Only my second game this season and I wasn't expecting too much given the relative positions and form going into the game but I thought Alty were excellent and probably deserved a point.
It was a good game despite the difficult conditions at times. I was glad to see Alty try to pass the ball around and not just hump it and I don't think Aldershot were ever comfortable.   

I have to say though that I though we had chances to clear before both goals.
On the free kick... it was well struck but I was right behind it and I'm sure it took a slight touch off one of our players. Not sure if Stuart could have got to it anyway.

Well done to all those who traveled down from Alty. Did well to make themselves heard from time to time over the noisy home supporter (with their feckin' drums).

As others have said it may be no points but we didn't expect any and the performance should be encouraging to the team and the supporters.

Come on Alty!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 11:57:36 AM »

Perhaps the weeks rest and desire made a difference.

Hope we can beat Stafford, need a positve lineup

altyf

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 02:19:22 PM »

The important thing now is that we simply have to play like that against Stafford, Salisbury, Weymouth, and Ebbsfleet...no matter what pressure is on us, whether we are home or away...yesterday, we didn't just pass the ball and attack, but it was also fun to watch and by allowing players like Lawton to push forward we proved that our defence is very capable and doesn't need King, Lawton, Peyton and Lane to sit in front of it. We played football in their half yesterday and looked dangerous every time we came forward. The movement of their strikers was fantastic and our defence coped with it well. If we can do that we can get 4 wins!

Bath Alty

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 12:58:25 PM »

we seem to have the unfortunate knack of changing our performance / ability to just below that of our opponents however good or bad they are!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We did really wel today