PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 keep chumbawumba!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: keep chumbawumba!!!  (Read 11037 times)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: keep chumbawumba!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 10:44:25 AM »

Running out to Chumbawumba was something different yesterday. I agree with Ecky, Fanfare still gets everyone going.

Have to query Mariah Carey's  - Hero (Don't ask how I know it was that  :)) at the end of the match. I like how it lasted for 3 or 4 seconds before common sense prevailed... Made me chuckle to myself... ;D

Jacko

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 11:30:18 AM »

I have a full set of Emerson Lake and Palmer, and saw them live three times back in the 70's. They may not be to the taste of you young whippersnappers, but they were a highly professional set of musicians who put many modern bands firmly in their place.

I had the pleasure of seeing Carl Palmer with Asia at Buxton Opera House last year. At 64 years of age, he's STILL one of the best drummers I've ever seen, and his energy would put a guy half his age to shame ! Perhaps we could try and get them to play live at Moss Lane (note for Mansfield fans - "Westlife my arse").
what exactly did the other two do? I agree the drummer wasnt bad, did anyone ever dare to sing over such music?!!!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 11:32:59 AM »

Running out to Chumbawumba was something different yesterday. I agree with Ecky, Fanfare still gets everyone going.

Have to query Mariah Carey's  - Hero (Don't ask how I know it was that  :)) at the end of the match. I like how it lasted for 3 or 4 seconds before common sense prevailed... Made me chuckle to myself... ;D
Wasn't it the awful cover version of Hero by the X-Factor lot which was released last year.
They really should be beating teams like us

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 06:02:08 PM »

I have a full set of Emerson Lake and Palmer, and saw them live three times back in the 70's. They may not be to the taste of you young whippersnappers, but they were a highly professional set of musicians who put many modern bands firmly in their place.

I had the pleasure of seeing Carl Palmer with Asia at Buxton Opera House last year. At 64 years of age, he's STILL one of the best drummers I've ever seen, and his energy would put a guy half his age to shame ! Perhaps we could try and get them to play live at Moss Lane (note for Mansfield fans - "Westlife my arse").
what exactly did the other two do? I agree the drummer wasnt bad, did anyone ever dare to sing over such music?!!!

Keith Emerson - a trained classical musician - was a quite extraordinary keyboard player, and the main creative force behind the band. Greg Lake (bass and vocals) was also pretty decent.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 06:50:35 PM »

Give it up Phil - pearls before swine old son...   ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwsflF5Fyho&feature=related

Narcissist

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 07:56:25 PM »

Swap ELP for chumba frigging wumba!

Thats a sh*t idea!

ELP is the way it must remain. Come on, its not that bad, Everton come out to Z cars.

Butty

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »

If it's going to be replaced with anything this year, it should be The Great Escape.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 07:43:51 AM »

Fanfare is sacred as far as I'm concerned. What about that other instrumental that used to be played at full time? Any chance we can bring that back?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 10:55:29 AM »

Fanfare for the Common Man made its debut for Alty before the opening match of the 1978 -79 season; a 4-1 victory over Worksop with Barry Howard scoring on his debut.

I remember it well as it was amongst my favourites at the time and I was delighted to see Alty choosing such a cutting edge piece of music.  We could have chosen "Pretty Vacant" after all.  I do remember going to Stafford at that time and hearing them run out to Hong Kong Garden by Siouxsie and the Banshees...

thegazelle

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 01:24:40 PM »

greg lake was/is a pretty handy guitarist seek out his little known version of parisienne walkways

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 07:15:12 PM »

Fanfare for the Common Man made its debut for Alty before the opening match of the 1978 -79 season; a 4-1 victory over Worksop with Barry Howard scoring on his debut.

I remember it well as it was amongst my favourites at the time and I was delighted to see Alty choosing such a cutting edge piece of music.  We could have chosen "Pretty Vacant" after all.  I do remember going to Stafford at that time and hearing them run out to Hong Kong Garden by Siouxsie and the Banshees...

I remember V*cs running out to Glenn Campbell "Linesman for the County" when we played at Drill Field once! (Seriously)  :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robins1978

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »

greg lake was/is a pretty handy guitarist seek out his little known version of parisienne walkways
Also released one of the best Xmas songs ever did Mr. Lake.
Cant understand why chumawotsit was used - where was Fanfare on Saturday?

flaggerN

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 09:01:13 PM »

I remember Tijuana Brass by Herb Alpert being played for quite sometime  :-[

robins1978

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 09:04:47 PM »

Answer to post topic is NO - Simples.

Jacko

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 09:30:20 PM »

Answer to post topic is NO - Simples.