News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well that....

Author Topic: Well that....  (Read 2823 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Well that....
« on: March 10, 2012, 05:25:05 PM »

was bloody awful. Not really anything more to say. Their second goal highlighted the standard of defending we've been displaying all year but at least no one in the top 6 apart from Gainsborough got a win today. That's the only consolation i can really draw from this.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:26:41 PM by GolfRoader »

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well that....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:33:13 PM »

'kin dire.

Trouty

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:33:45 PM »

Shocking from start to finish

Robin Reliant

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »

Gainsborough jump into the playoff places, but everyone else in the top 8 have a poor day.

Doesn't make it any better though  :-[

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 05:47:32 PM »

For me, lee sinnot got it completely wrong tactics wise. I don't get why we didn't just keep the 442 and please never put richman in centre mid again. Please tell me lawrie was injured or something, if not, why the hell didn't he start?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 05:48:20 PM »

We were woeful, 60% of the possession 1% of the attacking potential we usually show. Really really pissed off. First time, as dec said at the game I can squarely lay the blame at Sinnott's feet. Not happy at all. Going to smash alty to make up for it

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 06:22:08 PM »

1st shot on target was in the 87th minute- says it all.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 06:29:16 PM »

with the attacking options open to us and with the opportunities given to us by other teams losing it is absolutly shameful that lee sinnot still is unable to send out a team focussed and passionate about reaching the play offs with a clear strategy and we are still outside the play offs.

Bishops Stortford came with a very obvious gameplan and it worked....sinnot was tactically out manouvered by a side sent out by a manager clearly better at organising and motivating his side.

This whole season is a wasted opportunity......and today was an utter shambles, clueless tactics with players out of position and not seeming to understand what their job was apart from to tippy tappy it sideaways until tackled by a side who looked a yard quicker to the ball than us.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »

with the attacking options open to us and with the opportunities given to us by other teams losing it is absolutly shameful that lee sinnot still is unable to send out a team focussed and passionate about reaching the play offs with a clear strategy and we are still outside the play offs.

Bishops Stortford came with a very obvious gameplan and it worked....sinnot was tactically out manouvered by a side sent out by a manager clearly better at organising and motivating his side.

This whole season is a wasted opportunity......and today was an utter shambles, clueless tactics with players out of position and not seeming to understand what their job was apart from to tippy tappy it sideaways until tackled by a side who looked a yard quicker to the ball than us.

Yeah thought we were poor up top today too. Reeves had an unusually quiet game apart from that great effort that hit the bar late on. I suppose he's allowed to have one off day though considering the season he's had.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 07:25:09 PM »

Reeves  was talking to us on halway line near end of game , he said he couldnt  understand why we didnt play 4-4-2 from start , missed clee out there today ,

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »

Not much idea in the first half and little improvement in the second.........decent crowd today at 800+...the floating supporters must have wondered what they saw for their money

I worry for next season when we won't be able to compete financially with at least 5 other teams
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »

Not much idea in the first half and little improvement in the second.........decent crowd today at 800+...the floating supporters must have wondered what they saw for their money

I worry for next season when we won't be able to compete financially with at least 5 other teams
that was the saddest thing about today for me as well a decent turn out after a nice run the ones that may not normally of come may not bother again
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well that....